Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes 08 (Mountain Sun Deal) - October group

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

Iv'e not read all the thread but have been keeping up with most of what's being going on a had a chat with Steve from Mountain sun a couple of days ago.
The GREAT news for all us snow freaks is that it has been snowing the past few days down to approx 2600m and the glacier had lots of fresh snow on Friday & Saturday and this morning it looks like more fresh snow. The temperatures have also been pretty variable with high temps during the day and freezing conditions during the night.This always seems to happen when the wine festival is staged, so keep your fingers crossed for more snow in the next few weeks.

With regard to lessons/coaching i think we have to be pretty flexible as the conditions in October can vary quickly. I would suggest anybody who fancies a few hours has a look on www.snoworks.co.uk web site and PM's me their level and requirements. I will then offer a few suggestions for everbody to consider over the next coupl of weeks. If you guys also fancy doing a Giant Slalom course this can also be arranged.

Well thats all for now folks as i am just off to do a few hours on the glacier before hitting the wine festival this afternoon Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Well thats all for now folks as i am just off to do a few hours on the glacier before hitting the wine festival this afternoon

Well I suppose that's better than doing a few hours at the wine festival before hitting the glacier!
Thanks Stewart, will PM as you suggest.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stewart woodward, thanks for getting back. Me me me for the Giant Slalom course! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am quite late in thinking about this but there is still availability in October. Is there anyone thinking of going but needing a room-mate? I am a male of a mature vintage but can happily share with anyone of any age. That being said, my wife I suspect would prefer me to limit my search to other blokes.

Let me know if you are interested: I am flexible as far as which dates in October.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ccl, hello. We met at Nevis Range at Easter. I know that II was disappointed he couldn't go on the December trip (from reading the other thread a few days ago) as there's no rooms left so you could ask him if he fancies going in October and sharing with you? You've already met each other as well as of course he was up at Nevis Range with us that weekend too.

Just a thought, hope you don't mind me poking my oar in!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks - I will contact him.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I havent read the whole thread but can some one explain to me the jist of the trips?

i fancy coming with a friend but how is the ski-ing structured?

do you have the test equiptment and go off on your own, are you guided at all times, and is tuition provided and is there a charge for it?

sorry if this is tad of topic
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shayneP, Welcome to snowheads.

The test equipemnt is available at the chalet, you get kitted up and you can keep it for the duration or change it each evening. You go off on your own. You arrange tuition yourself locally if you want it. Folk here speak highly of fellow snowHead stewart woodward (see post at top of page).

Contact Joanne at Mountain Sun to find out about availability and cost. It is excellent value if you can get a place on the transfer bus as that is worth about £50 I woudl say, then you can use the test kit and lift pass is included.

The first post on my "December Group" thread has more info.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ok thanks, I will be phoning Jonane in the morning I think,

Roll on october, fingers crossed theres 2 spaces. or one.

I need snow after roughly 10 years of being apart.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
shayneP, welcome to Snowheads. It will be good to have 1 or 2 more guys coming on the October trip. Had you been skiing long before you began your break from it shayneP?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are also 4 snowHead (the Bishes, Liz B and myself) going out on the 28th Oct for 3 nights.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i had only beeing ski-ing for about 3 weeks before i had a break.

but it was school trips that i went on and from starting in the beginners class after 1 day they put me into the advanced class so i must be doing something right. I had about 4 weeks worth of dry slope practice before the trips. When I was ski-ing on snow i felt confident and felt the advanced class were too slow for me, I fancied a bit more speed and challenging downhills with some tight turns and off piste runs. I may be a liitle rusty but I will pick it up quick enough and I will cram 2 or 3 sessions on a dry slope in before I go

What is the night life like in Tinges, any busy good bars clubs etc. is it busy in Oct or relativley quiet?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shayneP, Welcome to Snowheads. Keep in touch about the trip
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shayneP, The night life is generally the chalet bar. It is in a small village down the valley. If you want bars & clubs (not sure what is open in October) I'm nto sure how you would get there tbh.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ok just checking as my friend wanted to know if it was a night "lifey" place.
snow report
Quote:

if it was a night "lifey" place.

not in October it won't be. wink
ski holidays
I thought that, but I still get my fix though so I will be happy either way
ski holidays
Hi Folks,
I'm a bit late to this one I know but do you know if there is any room left and/or someone after a male share? Many thanks.
ski holidays
MarkBe, contact Joanne at Mountainsun to check on availability of the transfer & rooms - she might know also if there is someone looking for a roomshare, not necessarily a snowHead.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, MarkBe, wasn't ccl wanting a bloke to share with a few posts back?

MarkBe, hello and welcome to Snowheads. See you in Tignes then hopefully if you can get to go. Are you a boarder or skier?
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, thanks for the suggestion I'll call Joanne.

VolklAttivaS5, I'm a skier, thought about trying boarding but can't face falling on my ass all over again. I took my daughter to the boot camp last year but she's not up for it this year. I was there when Linds was there with some other snowheads - that's how I found this site. Now I'm addicted.
snow report
MarkBe, I'm a skier too and have recently learned to board too so I can do both but skiing is my thing now I've got this far.

Let us know if you can get a place on the same week as us then.
snow report
Guys, with the shocking exchange rate of around 1.18 euro to £1, and not likely to recover to 1.35, remember the currency surcharge will be applicable.

"If on the day your holiday starts, the exchange rate on Travelex (http://www.travelex.co.uk) is worse than 1.35 Euro to £1, we will ask you to pay a supplement in the resort of:

20 Euro per 7 day holiday
10 Euro per 3 or 4 day short break
By adding a potential charge in this way, we incur no collection charges, & we have kept our price increase for 2008-09 below French, Italian & indeed UK inflation rates.

We trust you will find this solution to be fair & we have added it to our booking terms & conditions. The currency surcharge will apply to departures after 25th Sept 08."
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, thanks. The exchange rate is grim indeed.... and falling. Parity by Christmas??????????
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5, Just booked to be out from Mon 20th to Thurs 23rd.
snow report
MarkBe, cool. Did you find another bloke to share with then? Is he a Snowhead or not?
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, In discussion at the moment, but if I can't get a share I'll pay the single sup - its still a bargain.
ski holidays
MarkBe, yeah I agree. I went for the single ensuite room with the balcony and even with my flight, airport parking plus a Travel Inn inc breakfast for the Friday night because the flight gets in late, it was still all less than £285! Bargain for 3 nights away. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For people that might be thinking of booking on this and haven't yet, you might want to hurry up and book because the first issue of Daily Mail Ski & Snowboard magazine arrived on my doormat yesterday morning, and Edge to Edge had this deal advertised in there from £99 so I suspect it will get a lot more interest all of a sudden.
ski holidays
Any body going at the begining of October, 7th , 8th 9th
snow report
TroyStanley, I'm trying to get out on October 10th so looks like I'll just miss you.

Anyone else heading to Tignes that weekend?
snow conditions
I have a question for those that have skied on the glacier in October before.

What time start and finish is the typical ski day to get the best conditions? Are we talking finish at 2.00-3.00pm and perhaps play golf or mountain bike in the afternoon like it is in the summer?

What with all this talk about mountain biking on the other threads I wouldn't mind giving that a try.
latest report
Hi guys, I posted way, way back on this thread, IIRC before it was split into October and December, at the time I thought I'd be out on the Mountainsun deal but as it happens I won't this year. Shame because the chalet is so nice and the people there are fantastic - that's the downer...

However, I will be in Tignes Le Lac for the whole week with my daughter and her ski club so if anyone I know is around give me a shout by PM and we can maybe meet up. Will be free skiing on the glacier Sunday but am doing carving and gates for the rest of the week with Stuart Barnard/Ski Focus so other days I'll be free off the hill rather than on.

Anyway, hope you all have an absolutely fantastic time and maybe see some of you in the chalet next year Very Happy
snow report
I'm just having to focus on this - ferry booking for the return - and realise I haven't really thought it through yet. We have accomm 21st October for three nights, so leaving on the 24th. The lift pass included in the deal is for three days - but which 3? We will have two whole days there, so people will presumably use the 3rd day's lift pass on the departure day, with arrivals too late to bother skiing on the arrival day.

Just wondering when we would be leaving Tignes - so I can plan the journey and book ferry. Which days are the people having lessons thinking of having them? I'd like (need) a lesson on each of the 3 days if poss. We are driving to Tignes on 21st and could easily do so early in the day if that fitted in better, but with glacier skiing I would guess we will be doing morning lessons.
ski holidays
pam w, Last year we were ferried up to the funnicalar for about 9.00am and then picked up from 2.30 onwards (there are several drop offs and pick ups since its only a minibus which was also used for the airport transfer). Expect to be finished (changed and ready to leave by about 4.00pm on the last day). I wouldn't plan to arrive much before 4.00pm because the room might not be ready.
snow report
MarkBe, many thanks snowHead
snow report
pam w, We were thinking two lessons, one Wednesday one Thursday.
snow report
pam w, Yes, you ski on the departure day with the included pass.
snow conditions
Mogs, that sounds good. We're definitely up for that, and I'll talk to Stuart about the possibilities for Friday too. snowHead
ski holidays
OK, off to France on the night boat. I'll send Stuart a PM but won't be able to respond to anything on here for a while.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy