Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Book Yourself Some Private Lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got caught out by conditions in January in Les Arcs and got the feeling for the first time that my skill level when skiing was rubbish. I had very basic lesson many years ago and probably like many blokes I just couldn't be bothered having lessons.

We knew we were going back to La Plagne in March for a short break so we decided to have a 3 hour private lesson. Boy what a revelation Shocked Madeye-Smiley . Took the instructor about 20 seconds to suss me out and for the next 3 hours he made sure we had fun but improved our technique too.

By a miracle we got to go back out to La Plagne again last week and again we booked a 3 hour lesson. This time he took us off piste on the glacier in La Plagne and back home off piste most of the way to Montchavin. Truly memorable and we learnt loads too.

We are now committed to having at least 1 if not 2 private lessons every time we go skiing. It is not cheap but personally my skiing has come on 100% this season.

If you do nothing next season book/treat yourself to 1 x 2 hour private lesson, we have and we now do 3 hour lessons and we have seen parts of La Plagne we did not know existed. Most importantly my skiing has improved and I feel so much more confident when skiing. Can't wait till next season. Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, Happy Birthday BTW Very Happy

For the last two seasons we have promised ourselves some lessons but the conditions are always too good or too bad Toofy Grin Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, Ta. Kind of forgot it was my birthday till I saw the thing on here Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, I'll try and get you a mention on Eurosport 2 today wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Completely agree with thefatcontroller, had some lessons with Easiski this year (first time for years) and it has worked wonders. Very enjoyable too!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SteveKirby, Another thing we learnt is if having the lessons in the afternoon, have a very easy morning. 3 hours with an instructor can be very tiring and to make the most of it don't kill yourself in advance.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, couldnt agree more. after having 0 lessons in my first 12 years of skiing i had 5 private lessons with great teachers and i really improved and got off the intermediate plateu
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, Had lessons/guiding with Powder Extreme in Verbier last year. The improvement in my skiing,esp off piste was very noticable. Agree that everybody should try a lesson. We are all probably under the impression that we are good skiers. A lesson will soon put you right on that score!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
robnic wrote:
We are all probably under the impression that we are good skiers. A lesson will soon put you right on that score!

Or skiing with mrs and thefatcontroller.....!! Toofy Grin

I can now definately confirm I am stuck on the intermediate plateau.. and have every intention of following thefatcontroller's advice and get a lesson sharpish on the next trip.

I didn't think it was possible to learn so much in one trip about my abilities and limitations. Made some really good progress in the first few days, especially with my confidence, but now realise I need a 'leg-up' as it were to get to the next stage... Shocked Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think the key thing is to book lessons with a good instructor; whether that be private or classes is less important in my opinion. Both types of teaching situation have their benefits and I think it is good to mix privates and classes to get the best from whatever instruction you have. You can never have too many lessons (with a good instructor)!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy