Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Use my bindings? And other binding questions...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!
I own "Fischer RCX Superpro SC" skis at the moment and they are really great and fast for piste, but since I would like to do a bit more park and off-piste skiing I plan on getting K2's Public Enemys, since I read only good about them and the Fischer's are kinda racing only and weigh a ton (at least!).
Skis: http://sport.bazos.cz/obr/1/1892433.jpg (not mine, I found it via google Smile)
Bindings: http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/171/dsc02132tk7.jpg (Just took a picture)

I sadly have NO clue what those bindings are, but I wonder if maybe any Snowhead here knows Smile (And I can't find the skis anywhere as well...)
Do you think I could mount those on the PEs?
If not recommended, which would you advice? I see lots of bindings, varying quite a lot in price.
There are markers (M11 are very cheap, but why? I read that they recalled them a while ago, are they still bad? Or just heavier, probably?) and I read good things about Axials and Dynastar PX12s. M11s are the cheapest PX12s are middle priced and Axials are the most expensive (of these 3 of course, but I guess I wouldn't like to spend almost 400€ for Marker Dukes).

On top of that I wonder if it's possible to change the position of bindings once there are on the skis? Centered would be great for park, but it kinda sucks for off-piste I guess...
If not, where should they be mounted for maybe 50/50 powder/park?

I hope I can be helped Smile
And sorry for my english, it's not my native language, sadly, I hope it's understandable, if not please ask Smile

Best regards,
K.D.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KeyserDarko, a few thoughts...
Your bindings are Fischer branded from about 1998-2000. They were made by Tyrolia. The equivalent now would be the FF14.
You could put them on your Public Enemies, but I think you'd be better with Axials or PX12s (they are the same binding).
...but, if you are wanting to change the mounting position on your skis, then you'd be better with VIST bindings, as you can move them around easily.
If you want to fix a mounting spot, I'd probably choose about 3cm forward of the normal mounting point. This will still be a few cm back from the centre of the skis, but should still be OK for park & powder.
Hope that helps!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi!
Thanks a lot and yup, it does help!
Still there are some new questions coming up :/

Axials and PX12 are the same binding? That's good to know since PX12s are cheaper Smile
For which would you go? A VIST binding to move them around or a fixed one? I don't really know how much noticable it is if the binding is centered for instance.
I guess VIST bindings are a bit more expensive.

Oh and how long should my skis be? I know it doesn't fit to the topics title, but it's just a little question so I don't want to open a new thread :/
I'm 178cm "tall" and weigh around 65kg i guess.

Thanks again for the effort!
Best regards,
K.D.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Major edit time...
Your bindings are NOT Tyrolia, but Salomon 710s Embarassed
Sorry for the mistake.

(thanks to Comprex for pointing out my error)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey!
No problem, well does that change anything?

And does anyone have an advice for my little other question?
If VIST bindings are adviceable and which length my skis would need :/

Oh and did "Comprex" write you a message or something, or did I miss anything? Smile
Internet troubles at the moment.

Thanks again!
Best regards,
K.D.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
KeyserDarko, it doesn't change anything. Comprex sent me a private message about it.

Regarding the VIST bindings, I'd suggest contacting Sypderjon or Kiwi1 about them.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
KeyserDarko wrote:
Hey!

And does anyone have an advice for my little other question?
If VIST bindings are adviceable and which length my skis would need :/

I think you mean adjustable?

Its the plate that is adjustable. The actual bindings have pins rather than self tapping screws allowing the heel and toe peice to fit onto the plate in set holes and locked. As there are multible pin holes the binding can be removed from the plate/ski in seconds to change position or removed from the ski completly for easy ski carriage.

The speed/lock plates can mount on any flat ski within reason but keep in mind that off piste/powder skis may not benefit from the rise (min16mm) a plate gives it and for a pure freestyle ski it may add too much weight.

The plates are best suited to Race/Carve and a large number of all mountain skis.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kiwi1, the lowest height Speedlock plate is the TT at 14mm rolling eyes You just can't get the staff these days wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh I see, thanks! That's great help.
So i guess it doesn't really match my expectations :/ The last thing I need is another pair of heavy skis Smile

Seems like I have to find a compromise between the two adjustments....
So probably follow Wear The Fox Hads advice and go for +3 mounted (Is that how you say it? I often read here 'my bindings are +2' etc.) PX12 bindings.

Thanks a lot so far!
Best regards,
K.D.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy