Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London snowHeads: let's ski today! (now including TR and photos)

Poster: A snowHead
Come on, there are a few inches on the ground already!

Greenwich Park before noon?

I'm going there with my wife, gotta give it a go...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 6-04-08 13:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
can you ski there- i was wondering where i can go?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 6-04-08 11:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SERJOE, there's a hill...here in Bromley I can see quite a bit of snow on grass, so I'm going to get in the car, drive to Greenwich and give it a try
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do Brixton Hill - hardcore!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
the less central, the better for snow holding up
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
horizon -wish you best day out
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderjon, heads' up . . . incoming! wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Got up late - but another suggestion- Box Hill 1.30pm - There's about 15cm of fresh pow to be slayed in my garden so there must be 30cm+ at altitude.

BTW I'm entirely serious about the micro-bash if anyone can make it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
horizon, Where are you in Bromley?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We've just returned - photos coming in a moment!

fatbob, sorry, we're about to have lunch now (Mrs horizon is making Jagertee for starters Toofy Grin )
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
richlott, we live just behind the Glades, there are some flats there. You here too?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Now for the photo TR:

Some Like It Cold:

Mrs horizon finds the powder:

And goes for top speed:

I like tree skiing. And grass skiing:

Me, shredding the Royal Observatory gnar

One of the snowboarders behind was a New Zealander who just came to London. Nice welcome I guess. He offered me a swig of Laphroaig (top man in my book) and I told him about snowheads - hope to see him here.

Edge hold bad:

Edge hold bad - smile good

THE END
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice! Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Excellent stuff. Love it!! Laughing Laughing
snow report
This frolicking is all very well, but what about all those poor skiers whose holiday flights were cancelled today, because of the snow!!
snow report
Crikey, I was walking there exactly a week ago - wearing a tee-shirt! Shocked Clapham's snowless again, now.
snow report
Who needs ACID?
snow conditions
horizon, You and another snowhead seem similarly obsessed. Excellent report>
ski holidays
horizon, Cool Cool Laughing
snow report
horizon - I can see the conditions look excellent for this time of year.

Do you think the snow will hold until my trip in August?
snow conditions
Well done. Looks like you didn't quite have the massed crowds of sledgers that I did - lucky bu%%er! Any other skiers? I seemed to be the only one where I was, and there seemed to be no boarders at all.
latest report
As we seem to have some Londonites gathered - just to say that a few of us are having a London "off-line" on Wednesday 7th May. A pub and maybe curry in central London.

Drop me a PM if you're interested in coming along.

I'll do something firmer closer to the time.
snow conditions
PhillipStanton wrote:

Shocked

(Dried figs generally work for me Wink )
ski holidays
Top stuff snowHead
snow conditions
horizon wrote:

Nice shots.

Masonic Ski School? Laughing
ski holidays
I love that pic... sums up snowHeads so well doesn't it? Everyone else dived for cover out of the weather... and just see who's smiling most... Toofy Grin Laughing
latest report
Was somewhat disappointed to find snowcover at Dorking Mountain Resort ("The Dork") was poor on the more traditional Western Slopes and the more severe South facing slopes had already been trashed by the U-5s on their sledges (Damn those powder day early risers.)

However where there's a will, tele gear chucked back in the boot and an ambitious traverse of the Alps De Sur Rey was attempted. Fortunately the Sur Rey Constabulary had relaxed their chain controls and after a couple crossings over the raging torrents of the Emme VingtCinq we arrived at our objective of the Reigaterhorn. Traversing across the top of Pic De Colley was easy enough given the striding ability of the tele binding although a couple of tumbles were suffered as deep cherry pow pow gave way to what might more accurately be termed merde de vache.

Our original objective of the Couloirs Dega Twick (named for the fine view available from the entrance) was abandoned after a reutsch block test indicated high risk of bushes and twigs but a traverse roud to the legendary Betchworth Bowl yielded the goods. Some fine and not so fine turns were enjoyed and I survived a tumble in the well named Trou des Lapins. Then it was time for the uplift. Unfortunately heliskiing is outlawed due to the designation of the Alps de Sur Rey as an area of outstanding natural beauty as well as the home of belligerent Highland cattle so it was time to hop on the high speed quads of the Shank's Pony Express. The resort did pay attention to detail and valet service to carry my skis back up was offered by a small girl who had probably noticed the wheezing.

From there it was but a short traverse back to the car, dodging the Nationale Truste Gendarme, who had been dispatched to catch poachers, and an enthusiastic Springer spaniel. Apres ski consised of a nice cup of tea and a bit of toast at my mates place for which he seemed reluctant to relieve me of the usual sum of 15Euro.

In summary fresh pow, nice views and a nice cup of tea - possibly the definitive English ski experience.

(Photos and video possibly to follow)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PhillipStanton wrote:
As we seem to have some Londonites gathered - just to say that a few of us are having a London "off-line" on Wednesday 7th May. A pub and maybe curry in central London.

Add me to the list as a possible
ski holidays
fatbob, The Western slopes would be the one facing the A24 and Surrey's finest vineyards ?

I would imagine it would be best to go down to the foot of the mountain to eat at Rika's rather than use the NT tea rooms at the top.

I have been at the club du golf de Betchworth a few times but never as a skier.
snow conditions
Latchigo wrote:
fatbob, The Western slopes would be the one facing the A24 and Surrey's finest vineyards ?

I would imagine it would be best to go down to the foot of the mountain to eat at Rika's rather than use the NT tea rooms at the top.

I have been at the club du golf de Betchworth a few times but never as a skier.

Correct the Denbies face. In my extensive previous experience of the on hill dining options at the Dork the NT chalet serves the best cake but the apres biking atmosphere and burgers are better on the Rika's terrace.
latest report
horizon, I'm down at the bottom of Plaistow Lane about 10 mins walk from you.
snow conditions
Cedric...top TR style!
ski holidays
horizon, Did your London excursion in such thin snow damage your skis?
snow report
horizon,

ADMIN needs to update your status to LEGEND
snow report
horizon, excellent photos Laughing
snow conditions
Megamum, they're my rock skis so I haven't even checked! (This is where having 3 pairs of skis starts paying dividends, even if you live in London). But it was mostly grass, earth and branches under the thin cover, so probably not much of a problem.

Ordhan, (and everyone else), thanks! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, me too please.

horizon, well done that man - had I been in London (rather than Glencoe), I would have been in Finsbury Park with people looking at me as if I were insane. Maybe we should create some area shortlists so we know who's near which park for next time this happens!
snow conditions
PhillipStanton wrote:

Nice idea. Sadly, I'm going to the theatre that evening.
ski holidays
horizon, Looks like a half decent hill! Good TR. Very Happy fatbob, Love it! I grew up in Dorking and know the area well, but have never skied that descent. Obviously seriously missing from my CV! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy