Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the deal with Chemmy Alcott's results this year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I don't think people were taking the Verbier racing particularly seriously. In a number of the races the World Cup 'pros' were beaten by the amateurs, some comprehensively (speed test), and some of the guys by the girls!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TelemarkKing wrote:
What is your opinion?

When I saw Chemmy in the training runs at Aspen (before the storm came in) in early December she looked very strong - top ten material.
Then she ended up getting a few top-20s, no more; I know how frustrating that can be when you know you're skiing well enough to get top tens.
My guess would be that that frustration has now begun to creep into her skiing - and of course it is impossible to ski well unless you are in a relaxed state of mind.

Also, we should retain some perspective: Chemmy is currently our only world-class skier, ranked in the top 30 in the world in two disciplines (GS and combined). In her best race this season (Maribor GS) she posted the 11th fastest time on the second run so she is within reach of the elite.

We (the British ski-racing-viewing public) need to remain supportive and do everything possible to try to keep Chemmy in a positive, relaxed zone, so that she is in the best condition to take advantage of favourable conditions when they do occur.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have raced Chemmy last year, she is a thoroughly plesant girl and I have upmost respect for her. It is really hard say positive and stay on top of your game all the time the pressures are huge for the racers, the differences are so small. I for one shall continue to support Chemmy and look forward to seeing her get the results she deserves.
I should add that when I raced her it was not on skis but a triathlon - I beat her just!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

My guess would be that that frustration has now begun to creep into her skiing

That seems to make most sense. She is a fine athlete, used to and driven to win. She improved immensely last season but for whatever reason it didnt happen for her this year. The reason could be her own frustration at her own lack of progress. I do think though that she skied a bit tooo smoothly and in control at times and lost some of her agression and on the edge style that propelled her in the WC circuit.

she has a lot of years ahead of her and i wish here well for next season
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy