Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fritschi Freeride (plus?) or Marker Duke...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Fritschi is in stock, the Marker has to be ordered, and is CHF 170 more ;P

First impression of the Fritschi.... it feels bloody light!

Pretty much sold on the Movement sparks, rented last years in 183... they just do what I want all the time...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 5-03-08 17:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what DIN do you normally ski with?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, My 'dead' Volkl Allstars are at 8, my Stockli GS are at 7 front, 9 rear (for some weird reason done so by the shop).

Never prereleases... only 1 prerelease on the allstars at 7, but that was a very hard and unexpected bump.

Din charts put me at 8 at class 3 skiier, 9 at class 3+
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The lighter Marker Baron is not 'available' yet.... although apparently it is to Ski-Bilek Wink

The next pair of boots (next season) will probably be a full size smaller (these are a tad big), which may just 'ask' half a din higher on the charts..

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 5-03-08 17:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well you don't "need" the Duke; but you might choose it if you're concerned about the higher stack height of the fritschi and slightly more slop and not concerned about the duke weighing more

i have dukes on my skis where i tour a bit (ie not much more than half an hour at a time) and dynafits for longer touring
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As for Din settings i definetly don't need the 4 extra din on the Duke (which is why I asked about the Baron)

Weight... I think I vary more weight naturally then the weight difference between the Dukes and the Fritschi...
Just want the 'right' binding for me, and this is a subject not very well known to me Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ronald,

Freerides: a good touring binding that skis OK.

Dukes: a great ski binding that tours OK.

So you skiing or touring?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor, Accent will most likely be on alpine use Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No brainer then, if still want to ski your touring gear hard and you're not doing the haute route, go Duke... Or hold out for a little longer for the Baron.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
parlor, Shop normally sells the Movement in a set with an Alpine binding (probably a salomon). They are already doing me a favour by splitting it up...
I think they'll scream at me if i just buy the ski (at a nice discount:) )

If I buy now i get refunded the 2 days rent, which will probably be more economically sound then waiting for the Baron Wink

And if i do do the haute route, i just have to carry the extra kilo compared to lighter AT gear Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy