Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

nice restaurant in Saint Jean daulp

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to St Jean for a few days. Does anyone know of a nice restaurant there they could recommend or have tried?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ruthie, L'Amandier. I think it's theonly restaurant in town? But it's (or at least it was when I was last there) quite nice. There are also good (and inventive) pizzas courtesy of Bar Nationale.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, I agree. Havent been for a few years but it used to be fabulous
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ruthie, L'Armandier is indeed very nice - or it was when we went there last. Up in the La Grande Terche, in the ski station bit, there is are:

Pere Bill's Auberge: really nice atmosphere of an evening with the log fire and very nice Savoyard food, pizzas too for those who prefer. Very good service but you may want to pop in during the day and reserve a table as he gets very busy!

L'Avalanche - the small restaurant next to the L'Avalanche bar serves very nice food too - local specialities and enough cheese to induce a coronary just by looking through the window. Hmmm, very nice on a cold night with some lovely wine though..

Rufus - not overly exciting from our view but maybe worth a visit

A short drive down to Morzine and I'd fully recommend Clin d'Oeil though - gorgeous food and brilliant service.

Have fun Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MrDan, Is that le Clin d'Oeil in its current or previous incarnation? Both were/are great - it's not quite the pizzeria it used to be though! wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, current is the only one I've known and been to! Was it really a Pizzeria in a former life? Last couple of times we've been there it has been really very nice so more than happy to recommend. The pizzas in Bar Nationale are pretty inventive I'd agree. In fact when we were there last week ordering ours someone phoned up and ordered a chiken pizza - upon further questionning for toppings it was found that that was it! Just the chicken - no accounting for taste is there?! rolling eyes Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Clin d'Oeil

ate there once and was not hungry for two weeks after, the servings were gigantic but it was good back in '06
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty, portion size and the nice couple of bottles of red between the two of us when we went and we could hardly walk wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's also the Red Cock, which is just around the corner from Bar Nationale, although we've yet to go there.

Another vote for the pizzas in Bar Nationale. Well made, inventive and good value.

L'Armandier is great.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks very much for the recommendations - looking forward to it Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MrDan, It was, yes and mighty fine they were too. I ate there last year and thought they'd done a good job changing over.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy