Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'huez, Villard Reclus, Oz, Vaujany, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
Sounds like there might be some joy on the horizon as far as snow is concerned.

Wondered if any of you guys had noticed a couple of changes that have been made to the ski area.

The Mont Frais chairlift has been modified, with the top now about 200m further up the mountain, tucked under the rock wall. This opens up a bit more vert and also means that the drag lift just downhill is no longer required and that's been junked. In addition to this, a new piste has opened from the Dome des Petits Rousses. Ski about halfway down the existing Belvedere run and break right onto the new Bartavelles piste and you have a fastish run with sweeping switchbacks that joins the Rousses groomer. Not sure if it follows the path of the old Agnelin off piste favourite...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bad_roo wrote:
Ski about halfway down the existing Belvedere run and break right onto the new Bartavelles piste and you have a fastish run with sweeping switchbacks that joins the Rousses groomer. Not sure if it follows the path of the old Agnelin off piste favourite...

i will be annoyed if it does Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, Afraid its wrecked the nice bit of off piste down to the Devils Hole, bummer. All so they
can add a mediocre red piste to the map. When you out there next?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nick Dawes, that is annoying. that was a really fun bit of safe but non-obvious off piste for snowy days
heading out at the end of the month
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, Had some fun down there, still plenty of other little bits of op to go at when you know where to look (or in my case know someone who does!). Back to Oz in a week, needs a dump first.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick Dawes, true enough. it was also a good way of missing out the gaper-fest that is Rousses on a busy day (although Rousses is a great piste if you get a clear run at it)

the Agnelin was far from the best off-piste run in ADH but it was a nice little variation
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
got back from ADH last week. the snow conditions were ok. There was snow on the 7th which it needed, still wasnt enough though.

The high winds they have been having had closed Sarenne which was a shame as I was looking forward to getting my teeth into the longest run in Europe (16k).
I agree with others, runs down to Vaujany and Oz were good although a bit crowded at times. Hit them after lunch (1.30 onwards) as they can get very very busy over lunch.

The snow reports must be bigged up somewhat... didnt seem that deep / good as they report.
there were quite a few rocks showing through on the main green slopes running down to ADH village... think I hot most of them judging by the state of my ski's!

A few of the locals we were talking to said that prime time for ADH is mid feb to mid mar, I will probably take that into account when looking to go back to ADH (which i will def do at some stage). If your going to ADH have a good un!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi folks

Just got back from ADH today and will give a full update later, this was the fourth year there and although some of the runs were closed there is still ample open and in good condition compared to some years.

The wind before the new year scoured the tops of the some of the slopes but head further down and it was fine.

There is snow forcast next week which is needed otherwise it will be a different story the following week, they are moving snow onto the pistes now. I found it strange not see the snow cannons in action as some days it was very cold and i only saw a few patches of man made when i was on my travels.

I now ARNO will like this , If you are confident enough either hire a guide or join the class 4 lessons, i joined ESF for the week as my kids and OH had lessons in the morning, out of the 5 days we spent 3 of them off piste and they supplied the transievers,backpacks,probes and shovels.
I know the Sarene is closed but the instructors can take you all the way down to the gorge off piste, we even found over a foot of soft powder yesterday but we had a 35 min walk uphill at the end to get back into the valley Very Happy .

I'll post some photos later for anyone going and try and work out which off piste routes we done
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This just in from a mate in Oz, 4-6" of new snow above 2000m, lower slopes are heavy, Pic Blanc closed due to high winds but Dome open. Slopes are quiet apparently and more snow on the way. 2 days & counting snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Heading out on Saturday and can't wait. Conditions are forecasting another serious dump on Saturday so conditions should be great!

So any reports from people out there at the moment!?!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone know if the Sarenne is open yet?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They wont have got enough snow to open it yet. You can still go down it but it's not great. If the predicted snow falls over the weekend then it should be open come monday
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Email from one of my friends in ADH who is out there for the season:

"Best days' skiing I've ever had in my life today. I'm still buzzing. It was proper powder skiing off cliff faces, ridges and all kinds of crazy sh*t. Ruined my skis but it was so worth it. I had no idea where I was going and was totally out of my depth skiing with some real pros but I kept up (just) and made it down putting some pretty epic lines in untouched snow. I'll point them out when you get here.

Runs do get closed easily but don't worry about the reviews, you'll get some good runs. I know some pretty epic routes."

With the predicted dumps till Sunday- all is looking hopeful for us skiing next week
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am very happy right now Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Came out here Thursday been snowing non stop for two days, great riding yesterday but conditions quite harsh and then today..........!!!

snow conditions
Thanks for the photos!! Really makes me feel great considering i got back 10 days ago Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I love ADH!!
latest report
Yay. I'll be getting into Vaujany on Saturday night. Looks like we'll have some decent snow depth to fling myself off a few things. Wink
snow report
Even better today, champagne powder day again with a guide so loads of safe, untracked...............we were on only the second cable car up to Pic Blanc after it opened just after noon...........

snow report
Weathercam, lovely!
ski holidays
Weathercam, Lovely pix - looks great. Very Happy
snow report
Weathercam, great pictures,hope to be there in 5 weeks. Leave some snow please!
snow conditions
Few more pictures from yesterday

Guide checking out some lines

ski holidays
Got back yesterday after a five days staying in Vaujany.

Skiied on thurs 22nd, conditions were ok needed a bit more snow. Thurs night started snowing and didnt stop until early friday evening. Lifts were closed all day on friday in the Vaujany area, ADH slopes were open at the bottom but could not be accessed from Vaujany!! All we could do was listen to the explosions for the avalanche control. Lifts were opened on saturday up to 2800. Conditions were basically off piste everywhere. Very challenging. Mogulled everywhere. Explosions through saturday also. Snowed again saturday night, but conditions were perfect on sunday. Blue skys and groomed pistes, although not all.

Anybody coming over for this week should have near perfect snow conditions you lucky people. Got to agree withblux, runs can get busy in Vaujany, although i suppose that depends on weekend/sun.

As for the snow depths, i think that ADH/Vaujany are very conservative, i am no expert but when i checked the snow depths i expected them to be over 2m at least higher up, but they have them at 150cm, mmmm....seemed like much more. Whatever, it is deep, although i have no idea where they check the depths from.

I will post a resort review of Vaujany very soon.
snow conditions
greggy500, Lifts were not closed all day friday, they opened some in the afternoon for a couple of hours, to say it was heavy is a little understated, but it was fun.....saturday was mega.
snow conditions
apologies carroz, Indeed they did open some lifts in the Vaujany area for a couple of hours, and yes it was really heavy. Skiing in such conditions is new to me, it was my first time in deep snow and it was very different, good laugh tho. Although the guys i was with that had only been skiing once or twice before didnt think so, they found it well hard.
snow report
Just back from a fantastic week. Snow conditions as reported above on the Sunday were unbelievable. From Tuesday on the sun was out and by Friday the slopes were beginning to feel the heat with a bit of ice by the Friday morning and slushy ice cream by evening. I hope you get some more snow for this week!
snow report
still some nice cold snow on certain aspects if you go looking for it

ticked off pierfeu on Friday with the left hand couloir into Cerisier. some proper powder in the latter

Grand Sablat finishing in Clavans Le Haut on Sat. The slopes once you get off the glacier are getting a bit sketchy - deep snow getting baked by the sun but hasn't really transformed properly yet. felt unstable enough for us to head down to Clavans and pay for a taxi rather than traverse and climb back up to the Col du Sarenne

did what was left of the Agnelin on Sat and Sun which had some of the best snow of the weekend

a bit of messing around in the Montfrais trees gave some nice turns and plenty of not-so-nice turns, along with some interesting route-finding!!
ski holidays
Just got back, Sunday 1st Feb, from Alpe d'Huez. Conditions are very good and more snow is forecast next week. Really good base on the pistes but some runs can be a little polished / icy. Unpisted runs are really good when the sun is out but can be quite difficult when icy. Resort was very quiet and probably will stay so until the February mad weeks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Booked for 28th March - looking forward to seeing if the recent snow holds and hopefully we'll get a big dump on cue for us arriving.... can't wait!! Smile
snow report
Specialman We're out for a couple of weeks over Easter. Just heard from a friend out there, quiet slopes with loads of untracked powder. Always good skiing at Easter, 3 weeks and counting, bring it on!
snow conditions
How's it looking at the moment? Can't really tell much from the panoramics on the ADH website.
ski holidays
I had a day in ADH on Wed 11th March. There's plenty of snow and we had great weather. Indeed, it had snowed the two days before and my friend felt that the pistes weren't as well prepared as they might have been. I suspect that they just hadn't been able to bash all the pistes completely - we only went up as far as Clocher de Macle (actually, later we were asked to complete a questionnaire about the resort and slopes and I wondered whether they were testing the response when the pistes weren't so flattened as usual). I didn't see anything to complain about. Here's a photo of the lower slopes which were fine.

After lunch we went over to Auris and the main pistes were more bashed there. It looked like a fine place to learn skiing to me.

I saw there that the la fuma run was open (for good skiers) but I didn't know what that was at the time. And here a last picture of the bergeries piste on our last run down to go back over to Alpe d'Huez.

I enjoyed the day.
ski holidays
espri, lots of nice fresh, fluffy, choppy stuff. Looks great. I'm liking the look of the trees in Auris. The whole place looks deserted
snow report
Specialman, if you like skiing through the trees, maybe the "la fuma" would be interesting for you, if the sun hasn't melted it away. Now that I've found it on the piste map, I see that it's a "dotted black" run down to La Garde.

It was indeed very quiet in Auris and there was no real queuing even in Alpe d'Huez.
latest report
espri, struggling to find it on the piste map.....
snow report
On the map I have it is in the bottom right corner. The run goes down roughly parallel to the Maronne chairlift, that brings you back from La Garde to Auris.
ski holidays
Specialman, I presume too that la fuma is an itinerary rather than a normal piste. Maybe someone else knows it already (easiski?).
latest report
espri, Specialman,
La fuma is a "proper" black run, the top half is pretty steep and unpisted but good fun when there is plenty of snow, not so good when it's icy. It ends up in a little hamlet actually called, I think, Maronne. You can also get to the same place on a parallel blue run. As you say there is a little 2 seater chairlift to take you back up to the main Auris ski area.
snow conditions
Thanks for the clarification, skitow Smile
snow report
Cheers for theheads up guys. Will seek out that area because tree get a big thumbs up from me Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy