Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski rental in Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Can someone tell me where best to rent skis in Soll. We want somewhere that also has ski storage - so at a main lift would be good.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just found Black sheep skis web site they operate in soll and seem to have very good prices on ski equipment and lessons check out www.blacksheepski.co.uk

.I hope this helps Neil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I have just found Black sheep skis web site they operate in soll and seem to have very good prices on ski equipment and lessons check out www.blacksheepski.co.uk

.I hope this helps Neil

Thanks - but what I am trying to find is a rental shop with storage at the piste/lift - trying to avoid walking anywhere in boots and carrying skis or relying on the skibus
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a ski rental place, with ski garage (great invention!) at the bottom of the main lift. We used it last year and can recommend it.

Don't miss out on the awesome toboggan run while you're there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks pumkin-head - that's what we are after. Any memory of the name or prices?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
madmickie, eithnem, I was in Soll a couple of weeks ago. This is the outfit at the Gondola Station, they're not the cheapest, but unbeatable for convenience. They have storage/lockers and they also hire tobaggans snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ooops, should also say Welcome to Snowheads eithnem,
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you are after lessons, Brett at www.blacksheepski.co.uk is pretty good.
Ex army, though don't let that put you off.
We've used his team the last two years we've been to Soll, and had a blast.
Would definitley use them again
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eithnem, The best place is Edingers which is at the gondola. also If you need a lesson my mate is Brett as above only thing is he is a brummie. do you need a lesson? no sorry only ski storage Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
?
Quote:

only thing is he is a brummie.

- does he come with an interpreter? Being from NI, making myself understood is difficult enough! Actually not expecting to do lessons. It's OT, but hows the snow holding up
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anybody know if you have to rent your skis there to make use of the ski garage at the Gondola satation?

Thanks
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Wardster00, Welcome to Snowheads ! I'm not 100% sure of the arrangements at the Gondola Station, but i'm pretty sure the lockers in the garage are coin operated so anyone could use them. What I do know is that there are surprisingly few lockers there, but there are extra storage facilities at the Hire shop at the bottom of the drag lift that goes up to the Gondola.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The garage at the gondola (Alpinsport Edinger) isn't coin operated but I am pretty sure you can pay to use their garage. We always rent skis from them and they are very nice. There is another garage closer to the town at the bottom of the nursery slope but that involves lugging your skis across to the drag lift (and associated queues if it is an arrival day) to get up to the gondola - pointless in my opinion. Unless you like drag lifts!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wardster00 - go with Edingers - they were great - after a day or two they get to know you and give out your boots first then leave your skis ready to lift when you are all done up. I imagine you dont have to rent of them to use their facility - you just have to pay. Loads of space and soft seats and pleasant staff - at least they were last March.

Avoid the lower garage - it's used by all the big TOs and is like a cattle mart by all accounts.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Was there last year and as far as I know these guys are where I got mine from http://www.stoll.at/skicenter/. I booked a package with direct ski and am almost certain this is the website for the place we ended up getting the gear from. Also they have a massive warehouse for storage under the shop. It's two minutes on skis from the gondola in Soll or there is a free bus if you don't want to ski down one of the nursery slopes to the warehouse/shop.
snow report
Thanks for all of the replies and welcomes. I have been looking at ski hire and it is cheaper from a shop in the village than at Edingers (at the Gondola station) and just wanted to know if I hired from the shop in the village could I store my skis at Edingers at the Gondola station? If it was my shop, I would probably say no, but I thought it was worth asking the question. Thanks
snow conditions
Wardster00, we were in Soll in '08 and rented from shop in the village and stored in Edingers (gondola) no problem. Honestly for Soll there's no improvement on storing your skis under the gondola station, it's hands down best option for convenience - and they have guys there to take your gear and store it away for you - you get your own rack number/letter combination for the week so just hand over your gear when you take it off and they find its storage space for you. Service!

I suppose when you think about it, where do all the people who bring their own skis store them? Really don't think they'd be bothered you didn't rent from them.
latest report
Hi, I've been skiing in Soll for 10 years, I hire my ski's from the shop next to the Saven Stadl..."Snow & Fun"...you can book on line for a 20% discount. at snowfun.biz. They are always helpful...sprak to Martin Steinbacher.

You can also use skiset online to book your ski's there at discounted prices...

You can use the ski garages at the bottom of the lifts even if you dont hire your ski's from them ....you just pay in the shop for 6 days ski garage.

I am heading back there on 30/01/2010 with 22 others.
ski holidays
Anybody know how much it costs to use the locker facility if you own or rent your skis elsewhere ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy