Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski lenth for kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Having litttle knowage of carving skis (still using old stile before BS come in).

What size should i be looking at for the kids.

one is 12 and finshed compertion class at school last year is conferdant and will ski anywhere.
2nd is 9 going to do compertion class this year is over conferdant and will follow me to hell and back if alloud. Toofy Grin

looking at a general all round skis for them.

Do they need to be at chin, mouth, eyes, forhead or where or is it so dependant on the ski you buy.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ideally about mouth height, but as kids grow so quickly we tend to buy them at about eye height and think about moving to the next size when those skis are top of chest. That said junior's latest skis come up to the top of his forehead - we went to longer (115cm) junior skis as we could then get a much better ski in that length compared to a kids 110cm ski, and they should last him longer as well. I was a little concerned they be too much for him, but on his first ski on them he was skiing better than I've ever seen before.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was told a rough guide of less than 8yr.s chest or shoulder and more than 8yr.s chin or mouth. Above 12yr.s size as you would an adult. It depends on their physical size for age and ability. Yours sound like competent skiers so whilst for most kids the advice is to lean towards shorter, yours may well handle something with a little growing room!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ntfarmer,
It will be interesting to ask the question of their ski instructors.
Serge and Bertrand seem to assume experience = length when issuing ski's.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
slikedges wrote:
Yours sound like competent skiers so whilst for most kids the advice is to lean towards shorter, yours may well handle something with a little growing room!

Thats for in info. Just thought i would look at the costs againts rental esp if i can find some reansable SH but as you say they do grow quickly.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy