Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts which Cater for Non-Skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I imagine this has been asked before, but I have a friend who wants to take his family ski-ing, but neither he nor his 11 year old daughter are likely to ski (mighty charitable of him to think of the others!), and so was wondering if there were any good resorts where the rest of the family could learn to ski whilst he and the daughter have other non-ski related activities to embark upon.

I did offer up Wengen, since that has the Jungfraujoch and sledging, with the local town Interlaken a short train ride away.

Any ideas out there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zell am See
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AdrianV, Agree with Wengen as a good option for the reasons you have stated.
You could also suggest Ski Amade region of Austria which is very close to Salzburg with its castle Hohensalzburg, Mozart connections and Sound of Music locations eg Mirabell gardens, and Hellbrun palace with its water practical jokes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink, thanks - good call

Elizabeth B, What's in/near Zell?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AdrianV, I've just been to the Parsenn Area (Klosters/Davos) and a member of our party who hardly skis had a great time whizzing around both the Graubunden and the Engadine regions on the excellent trains. Although he didn't explore Davos, there must surely be loads to do there - it's a huge town. Otherwise, my non-skiing partner particularly enjoyed the Jungfrau region (we based ourselves in Wengen) again because there is so much to be seen by train, and he could also join the rest of us at most mountain eateries. With a car, he found the Chamonix area to be pretty good as well (and he provided a useful service for the skiers by picking them up from wherever they ended their day's skiing - terrific!)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AdrianV, Zell is on a lake (which often freezes over and can be walked on). There is low level walking, an indoor ice rink, swimming pool, bowling alleys, tobogganing (austrian style) and you can travel to Salzburg for a day trip. Zell is a town as well as a ski resort, so has some shops. It is also possible to get cable car/gondola up to the top without skiing.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wengen is lovely, and the good rail connections could provide loads of fun.
Chamonix is always a good call as there really is loads to do. Here's my list which you might find handy
http://www.chaletlaforet.com/chamonix/offtheslopes.html
I'm about to make some additions and photos to this, having taken a non-skiing friend snowshoeing which was a huge hit. We just went along a way that I know is safe, but there's a dedicated snowshoe path up near Les Houches which is apparently very beautiful. You can also do guided hikes on snowshoes which look like loads of fun. So wherever you fetch up, it might be worth looking into that? Also, it's only mentioned briefly on my page there, but going to Italy for the day is a top trip, Courmayeur is really pretty.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle, Elizabeth B, firebug, thanks all - I'll pass these on!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AdrianV wrote:
I have a friend who wants to take his family ski-ing, but neither he nor his 11 year old daughter are likely to ski

I trust there's no medical reason preventing her from skiing - if not then why wouldn't she give it a go - she might even enjoy it!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AdrianV wrote:
was wondering if there were any good resorts where the rest of the family could learn to ski whilst he and the daughter have other non-ski related activities to embark upon.

I did offer up Madeley Court, since that has the chip-shop and all-weather footie, with the local town Telford a short bus ride away.

Any ideas out there?

Shocked Shocked Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
telford_mike, the dad who is asking has completely knackered knees and apparently his daughter doesn't do the whole outdoors thing - it takes all sorts - not everyone wants to ski, and thank goodness they don't, Easter week will be busy enough as it is!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy