Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any La Plagne gurus out there?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning all!

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. My wife's out in La Plagne this week and phoned me to ask about the longest lift-free run out there. After a bit of research it appears you can ski from the Bellecôte glacier to Montchavin. She's had a look at this and can't see how it can be done.

So my question is, can it be done (without going off piste too much) and if so how? Any names of lifts and runs would be much appreciated.

Are there any other recommendations for long runs in La Plagne. She's a pretty advanced skier (> 20 weeks) but wouldn't want to do a lot of off-piste.

Thanks,

Ed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ecsleath,

From Top Arpette via Dos Rond and Pierre Blanches to Montchavin is a long run, not that challenging but nice

Top of Roche Del Mio to Plagne Bellecote via Les Sources is another long run

Top of Roche del Mio taking Les Inversions and Les Crozats is another long run.

Mont De La Guerre is billed as a long run from top of Verdons into Champagny. Don't bother it is boring as hell for most of it.

Don't know of a way from the Glacier to Monthchavin?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ecsleath, Mont de la guerre from top of Verdons Sud or Nord all the way to Champagny but think the end might be a bit dodgy from reports on here.

From top of Roche de Mio take the red Inversons to the chairlift adn then continue down on the black which one fellow SH did a few weeks ago and raved about it.

You should have some other suggestions along soon. Lots of LP gurus around here
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mouth wrote:
ecsleath, Mont de la guerre from top of Verdons Sud or Nord all the way to Champagny but think the end might be a bit dodgy from reports on here.

From top of Roche de Mio take the red Inversons to the chairlift adn then continue down on the black which one fellow SH did a few weeks ago and raved about it.

I think I've only seen that run (black) open rarely...still the off-piste potential under Inversens is wonderful (just don''t turn to hard right when going down!!)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Typical woman; - give her a map(piste map) and she doesn't know where to go.......

I'll get me coat on the way out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

As above Les Crozats black and then on down the blue into Montachavin.

The LP off Piste website may be some help, but is only available in French http://thermique74.nuxit.net/index.html

Piste map here http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Geography.htm
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, Coming down Piere Blanches the red 'L'esselet' is quite tempting but you end on that blue from Les Crozats and it is as flat as a pancake and IMHO not worth it, shame really. I prefer to go back up from Les Crozats via the 'bauches' and 'carroley' (slow chairs Mad ) but from there you can have blast down 'Bijolin' and 'Piere Blanches' to Montchavin.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I agree the blue at the bottom of les Crozats is more like cross country than downhill! I was attempting to make the last vanoise express back to Les Arc and had misread the piste map thinking that I could take Les Crozats to the top of the Crozats chair and get back to Montchavin that way, turns out you can't ski uphill! So rather than take Inversions back up the mountain meaning I would blatently have missed the last lift back to Les Arc, I was forced into taking my first black run after less than a week on snow! But despite the rather icy top section, and distinctly large moguls I did quite enjoy it! Although coming accross a trail of blood at the bottom on the way to 'bauches' didn't entirely inspire me with confidence. But the point of my rather long rambling story (if there is one) is that as thefatcontroller, said it is flat as a pancake and the 'warning 2km cross country' kinda put me off so I also took 'Bijolin' and 'Piere Blanches' back to Montchavin, in a rather speedy manner and made the last lift back with less than 5 minutes to spare!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mrBishi, God I would have paid big money to be there when you realised that you had to do a black after a week Shocked Laughing Laughing Well done.

As for skiing uphil I strangley saw quite a few walking up hill on touring skids last week. They looked all hot, sweaty and out of breath Confused . Been said before but skiing is a gravity sport. Take a chair high and ski down snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone!

I've texted her with your suggestions - It looks like Roche de Mio is a good starting point! I've only been to La Plagne once, so can't really remember it that well.

Cheers,

Ed
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy