Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski holiday cancelled

Poster: A snowHead
I'm so sad.
Mr Ski Bunny's knee has decided it is not going to put up with another winter of skiing (ACL recon 7 years ago), so we've had to cancel our trip to Sauze at Christmas Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
The original plan was to hope it gets better by March & go skiing then, but he's been to see the consultant this morning & been told he needs an arthroscopy - 6 months waiting list.
How will I cope without my snow fix? (don't suggest "go without him". He'd probably divorce me)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go with him then Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Divorce him, and then go without him! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry to hear thatSki Bunny, Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Get the arthroscopy done in France - you can apply via your local health authority, I think, for treatment abroad. Stipulate a hospital in, say, Albertville.... While you're waiting for him to recover, I'm sure Mr S B will understand if you need to go and explore the local area Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
He could always toboggan along side you, or have all day apres ski sessions!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski Bunny,

Sorry to hear that Bunny.
Why don't you take out a little loan and go to BUPA, it's worth it to go skiing!!!

NKOB(sick) Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Bunny,
No idea if his knee would cope with it but have you considered x-country.
It places a lot less stress on the knees is still good fun. Also a lot cheaper (No/minimal lift pass, cheaper equipment).
Lots of beautiful places to go as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski Bunny, how about a couple of short trips without him - it'd be easier for him to cope Twisted Evil

Must admit I feel sorry for both of you, I've had a couple of snowless years (when my wife was pregnant with our two) and it's no fun.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Take him with you - and stick him in the hotel!

Id use the " if you loved me you wouldnt want me to give up my favourite pass time" line

failing that, you could get a new husband quicker than it takes to get a new knee!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG, I like it!!

Nadenoodlee, True, but by the time I've weeded out all the potential candidates who can afford to take me on 3 ski holidays a year, I might as well stick with the current wallet, I mean model..........

AND it's not all doom & gloom, we've booked a week in Florida at Christmas instead; miles better than staying home & suffering Noel Edmonds (does he still do xmas morning telly?), but no where near as good as a week on skis
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I went x country skiing on a reconstructed ACL within five months, and snowshoeing which I had always thought looked a bit dull, and had a great time. Stunning scenery, go where you want, peaceful and you get a great work out. If you get tired you just sit down, admire the view and break out the hip flask. Built my post op muscles back up enough to allow me to ski not long after snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A friend of mine needed the same treatment after a bike accident and was quoted even longer waiting times. After a little chat he agreed to be a demo patient for a load of students to watch while the doctor hacked at his knee. Waiting time reduced to less than a month as a result.
Still haven't convinced him to come skiing though and that was a couple of years ago.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mac, and no doubt he got the consultant doing the job as well. Sadly for the Ski Bunnies Haydock doesn't sound as if its got a medical school. PG, is quite right about asking for overseas treatment, although I think the rule applies to those waiting more than 12 months, but you might enquire of your local PCT. An alternative of course an "injury" that occurs whilst on the slopes, but perhaps Switzerland or France rather than Italy for that particular ruse, and you need to be clear about whats covered by your insurance
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Martin Nicholas wrote:
An alternative of course an "injury" that occurs whilst on the slopes

That was plan B! But we got the opportunity to cancel with a full refund because our flights were changed, so we took it.

Maybe he could get it done in Florida while we're there? They probably have drive thru arthroscopy clinics!
ski holidays
Gutted for you! We'll raise you a drink out in Sauze for you Wink snowHead
ski holidays
Ski Bunny, hire a skidoo for him and you could ski alongside him Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy