Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire/Peisey - Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just dawned on me that some friends are arriving with us and need to hire skis. Anyone care to recommend anywhere in Peisey to hire, we are staying just by the big fecking clothes line Mad called the Vanoise Express.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, we didn't use them but Noz Sports (Sport 2000) down the road from the new, high speed, double decker clothes line seemed very good in terms of skis and availability when we popped in to look at new skis last February. btw the peg bags on the large washing line were working correctly then Toofy Grin sorry
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller, we've used Twinner in Vallandry and found them very helpful and friendly
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anymore recommendations/thoughts? Or anyone know how close Noz (or the other sport 2000 - vanoise) are from the 'washing line' Wink We're heading out in a few weeks to peisey and I have 12 rounds of skis to hire....

thanks!

aj xx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used Vallandry Sports, they are a family run business, in my experience very friendly and helpful. Opposite and up from Sherpa in Vallandry.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
a.j., Noz Sports are great & have a good selection of new skis (well, new this season!) in their brand new purpose built shop. They are about 50metres down from the Vanoise Express -(just opposite our apartment in fact Smile ). It would be worth asking Philliipe or his sister Stephi (the owners) if they would give you a discount on that many pairs. Their English isnt very good (Stephis is better than Phillipes), but they have employed a couple of people this year who speak better English than they do. Have a great time - when are you going?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used the sport 2000 next to the flying squirrel (vanoise sports) last season cos (a) it was the nearest (b) it was recommended and (c) the owner beatrice is a very nice french lady and put up with my pathetic attempts to speak french. Don't have a massive range of kit, but would do a deal. There's an intersport on that level that the boys in the squirrel and all the ski beat punters used and they got ok press too.

Noz Sports was the only shop in the whole of Arc 2000 / 1800 / vallandry and Peisey which had the plates to fix the bindings that failed on my mates salomon skis last season (what engages the heel piece) so there obviously a good outfit. Probably the biggest range of kit in peisey..

TBH pick the one of those 3 that's on the closest level to your apartment and you'll be all good...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the super quick responses guys! Noz is the most convienient of those so sounds like that's the way to go - my french is just about good enough to secure skis regardless of who we find instore on the day, and there is a hefty web discount available so don't need to stretch my talents to negotiating further freebies Wink

We are in town from the 6th March genepi - staying with snowchateaux down in peisey. Counting the days already!

aj xx
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
a.j., We may well meet at the top of the lobster pots then - we're there on the 6th too Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy