Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vanoise Express cable car will be shut this winter

Poster: A snowHead
I'm rather hoping that demand for Les Arcs will be less this year and I might finally get to go ... I keep trying to book and all the operators who I normally go with have been full since the new lift was built!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevew, seems to be lots of last minute availability if you can get away over New Year. Snows good and the resort is, currently, very quiet for this time of year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar,
Quote:

Snows good and the resort is, currently, very quiet for this time of year.

As is La Plagne, even quieter than last Christmas, general thoughts are that this year nearly every French resort is open whereas last year many were struggling to open.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, it's likely to be the beginiing of March before my 2nd trip (Tignes 13th Jan Very Happy ). But thanks for the advice. And a very merry xmas!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi all

New on here and my 1st post.

Going to Alpe d'Huez in a few weeks and Arc 2000 at Easter. Absolutely gutted to hear about the VE not working for the season. Have been to Paradiski area 3 times in as many years, so at least I know that I am stopping at the right side of the valley. Chair and a Gondola and I am at the top of Aguille rouge then its over 2k of vertical descent to villaroger and another 200km + piste to go at.

For all those saying you can ski to les Arc from Bellcotte Glacier, yes you can but you still have to cross the valley to get back to La Plagne!!!

My Missus on the other hand is delighted, as I have no excuse for not meeting up for lunch !!!!.

Very nearly booked a chalet at Montchavin, now I really would have been gutted, but spare a thought for the chalet owners, bars, eateriies etc in such like areas they have built there business on the back of the VE, there season will be seriously jeopradised due to this situation.

How do you post pics, I have some excellent pics taken from the VE, just so you can all see what you are missing.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to snowHeads Kel, snowHead

Register on the snowMedia-zone, upload your pics there and post links to them here.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well lets give it a go then. I have also included one of my fave pics of all time, which shows just why you should catch the 1st lift up instead of stopping up on the Raz.

Have posted photos below thanks to an IT lesson from gwaelod. Cheers mate.

Now you can see what you are missing out on and La Plagne ain't too shabby either the photo on the piste is in La Plagne.

Cant wait

Shocked

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 31-12-07 0:40; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kel, Great photos, we like your photo shows love getting up and out early snowHead

One other thing you can do now you have photos in the media zone. If you click the small brown icon at the end of the 'linked thumbnail' box, it opens up 2 more boxes. If you copy and paste all the text in the 'medium image' box inot your post it put the picture in your posting

Cheers Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

rolling eyes rolling eyes Like this, hope it has worked. Thanks
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well now I've sussed this photo posting stuff out, check out my other Pics

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/9595/ppuser/989

Who said you can't teach an old Dog new tricks. Off to ADH in a few weeks and Les Arcs at Easter, more pics to be posted soon
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kel, Great photos of the Vanoise. snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kel, I particularly like the pic of the Ponthurin river valley, with the road winding up the hill.
I was very pleased yesterday when I arrived to collect our Paradiski season tickets, - not only did I receive a full refund for the expense difference between Les Arcs & Paradiski pass,which I paid for in November, but I can still ski in La Plagne as many times as I like, plus 2 extra free days at anywhere in 3 Valleys or Espace Killy (Val d'Isere), plus 2 free boot bags!! The refund will help to pay for quite a few return trips by car across the valley to Montchavin....
They are bending over backwards to be nice after their disastrous cable problems. The other bonus is that Peisey was really quiet today, on New Year's Eve, good for us, if not for the shopkeepers or the restauranteurs. It's a bit like Chamonix after the famous tunnel fire - peace returns to the valley.
The snow was also in brilliant condition today after the little dusting on Sat. night.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fj, Any idea how much a taxi from Peisey to Monthchavin owuld be for 4 people and skis?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FJ Do you know if the 6 day Les Arcs pass(which I have not purchased yet) will be valid for a day trip to 3 valleys.

Also I think it is the Espace Killy lift pass, when you buy a 6 day pass it is valid from 3pm the day before. Does the Les Arcs pass offer the same kind of deal as when I go in March, flights, transfers allowing I should be there for about 1pm, so if it does it would save me a few euros as I would have to buy a half day pass for the whole family if not. Anyone got any idea as I cannot find anything on the website, not even for 1/2 day extension.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
'thefatcontroller I don't know the cost, because I've never done it, but I list some taxi numbers for you to phone & ask for quotes -
Benoit Andre 0479 07 08 06 + 06 11 42 99 57
Clos Sarl 0479 07 45 06 + 06 15 41 16 15
Viva 06 14 82 46 34
Kel The phone no. of the lift company,STAG, is 0479 07 92 59
I'm sure some of the above will be able to speak English, if required, give it a go and ask 'em! Please note any numbers beginning with 06 are mobiles.
ski holidays
fj, Thanks. Nearly packed. Famous last words, no point in burgularing our house while we are away as we are taking it all with us Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy