Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Repair of Atomic Device Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm fairly new to skiing and just love it! I bought some new Atomic SX skis with device bindings a while back. The other day I took them to REI to have the skis tuned, waxed, etc. and was told the toe pieces on the new bindings will not release at the proper pressure / DIN setting. Is there anyone out there that can repair these bindings? I'm in Southern California. Bob THomas, aka 101collector
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your best bet is to take them to the shop you purchased them from or contact Atomic USA in Utah for their advice.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. I bought them on eBay and of coursse the seller - skiba5827 - won't return my emails so I guess I'm stuck. I did send an email to Atomic up in Utah, but I suspect it will take some time to hear back. Thanks for the reply - I look forward to hearing from more members of the site.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here is the latest from the eBay vendor and my response - again, ANY help out there would be helpful.

Bob,
What in the heck is REI talking about? Are they certified to mount skis? Just wondering, since they are not here. They don't even do hard goods here.

Anyway, there are DIN setting on the toe and heal pieces. They can be adjusted to your wife's height, weight & ability. There is a Large range on all bindings. Unless your wife is a very young child or the other extreme of weighing over 400 pounds, these binding will work.

Please clarify or go to a certified shop...

Let me know
kris

My Response -

Hi Kris, and thanks for getting back to me.

Look, I'm not interested in returning them - just
looking for info and help in that regard. As I said,
as long as this has been since the transaction I'm the
one on the hook.

The DIN setting for my wife is 4.5, but REI couldn't
get the toe pieces to release at less then 75
(whatever that means - not 7.5 but 75). They
certainly do seem to be extremely stiff and
unforgiving.

I have a exact same pair of these but in 180 length -
and the toe pieces to react and release much easier.

I'll email Atomic up in Utah and see what they say. I
was just hoping to give them to her for Christmas
(they've been hidden behind my office door all this
time) as we are leaving for Big Bear to ski for a week
on the 26th.

Do you know of anyone who can repair these? For a fee
of course.

Bob
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
101collector, welcome to snowHeads.

However in this case, as this is a mostly UK based forum, you'll be better served by posting your question on http://www.epicski.com which is a US based forum.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy