Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PYRENEES snow report 2007/08

Poster: A snowHead
Slowplough, Les Angles a good place to get your Girlfriend on the white stuff again. Don't let snow reports worry you, there are two decent learner areas at Les Angles. one at the bottom of the pistes and one at the top of the bubble. there is a good base on most of the pistes now and can be topped up by artificial means if necessary. If you've got a car, exploring some of the other neige catalan areas is a good option and you will always be able to find some decent skiing! Skied at Les Angles today on the fresh snow from last night and it was superb.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Howdy,

Nice to see some snow falling Smile

Slightly worried however as TK Llac del Cubil lift looks pretty closed.
(i think that this is the chair that is always shown on the Grau Roig webcam and i've never seen anyone on it in the pictures)

Is there any other way of skiing to pas from soldeu if this lift is permanently shut?

thanks

ps not sure if this is the right forum
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
looks like its going to be cold at night and rather warm in the day for the next week or so ,with no precipitation.

at least theres no rain.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is anyone going out there (andorra) this week? or has anyone just got back? we are desperate to get some honest reports from snowheads,we are due out on 27 Jan (soldeu) but I will book somewhere else last minute if soldeu is crap.I'm begining to wish I'd done that anyway!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi andyjc -- I know exactly how you feel. I was monitoring this thread until last week. No need to welcome me - I have been to snowheads before.
I'm just back (on Friday night) from Pas so i can give you a slightly out of date snow update and summary of how the week went.
We arrived on Sunday and the snow which had fallen on Friday the 11th was still around the town.
The pistes were in great order (even top of directa) and the off piste was still not tracked out at all. This seems to be an Andorran thing - in France everything would be tracked out on the first day.

Went over Soldeu direction on Tuesday and they seem to have more problem over there with the snow. On the tops of all all the exposed hills in particular the snow seemed to blow right off despite the fences. Some of the offpiste was still in great shape however. The snowpark in El Tarter was open also so I tried the halfpipe on the board.

Wednesday night brought around 20 cm of fresh show down to resort level. Again there were fresh tracks to be had all day long even directly under the lifts throughout the whole resort (did the full tour again). A lot of great runs above soldeu and Canillo were closed because the very top of the run was bald from the wind. (Is ducking under the ropes and walking past the first 20m very bold Puzzled

Thursday evening brought snow which turned to sleet which turned to drizzle by 3am.
The bottom of the runs in Pas (at 2100m) were a bit slushy but the top seemed like it had only seen snow.

Stayed skiing in Grau Roig and Pas on Friday so can't comment on how the rest of the resort was effected.

I presume the warm conditions will cause some crustyness offpiste when things cool down but hopefully it will also make the snow bind to the slopes.

Domo99 - (If you haven't left already) the only lifts which were closed the whole week were TSF 4 Assaladors to Llosada (which doesn't stop access across the resort) and the Ratrac to Pic DÉncampadana (which was a pity). If you're looking for a whacky run, try the track through the trees to the left as you descend Rossinyol to Elforn - it's like a 2m wide bobsleigh run Cool

In summary - we had fantastic conditions but I know we were lucky with the week. Best pistes were at the Pas and Grau Roig side because pistes were a little bald on top in the other resorts.
Have fun!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Paddyblax. Seems like there may be a chance of a dusting of new snow tomorrow and or friday,this high pressure system sitting over spain and the south of france is looking dominant for some time though.
Any further reports this week will be much appreciated. Thanks again.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Going to Barcelona this weekend for a conference, don't fly back until Monday night so considering a day trip to La Molina or Masella on Monday. It appears very warm at present, will there be any snow left next week Puzzled snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For anyone interested, latest forecast for Andorra on netweather http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=ski;page=9;type=winter;country=Andorra;resort=Pas+de+la+Casa+-+Grau+Roig;sess=#forecast looks promising from 1st Feb for about 5 days with fairly consistent snow. Fingers crossed.
keeders
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Howdy boys and girls.

Just back from Soldeu where good fun was had by all. All of the lifts were open when we left and skiing between resorts was no problem.

The high temperatures over the week have meant that most runs to the resort in Soldeu are pretty icy late in the day. Conditions are far from perfect and more snow is needed pretty soon in some areas.

The best skiing remains in Grau Roix and Pas as Paddy said but some joining runs are now quite thin on snow with plenty of ice around.

Unfortunately it appears that none is forecast for the immediate future.

However, lots of runs are open. I recommend morning skiing before the snow turns heavy and if poss stay clear of the blue runs as these seem to be the most worn.

thanks

Domo
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
just back from Peyragudes in Les Hautes Pyrenees. most of the main runs were open, but only because of the snow cannons. managed some off piste, but the crusty snow was a bit of a challenge. having said that, an excellent time was had by all Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I skied La Molina in the Catalan Pre Pyrennes yesterday. It was warm and the snow is thin to non existant depending on where the sun shines. The connection to Masella was not open as part of the run has no snow on it. The snow that was there was in good condition, firm packed snow. As La Molina is north facing it is less prone to slushy conditions in afternoons although some of the lower runs softened a little.

It was very quiet yesterday with no queues and quiet runs. It was a good days skiing in very pleasant conditions but in current snow conditions, one day was about enough. My partner bought boots yesterday, Head Edge 10.2. Managed to get three boots into my boot bag on way home last night in hand luggage as wanted to avoid Ryanair's excess baggage charges!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From what I can see on the webcam that are working it looks like they've had a good fall of snow last night!

Is there anyone who knows some more links to other webcams or even better is in Andorra and can provide first hand info?

Ant
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nice snow fall last night!! 38cm in Port del comte, a bit less in Andorra (20-25cm) and La Cerdanya. Step by step we could reach decent base, but the problme isn't for the pistes, if now we have to wait another 10-12 days to next storm and the temperatures rise....nothing good for the off-piste Sad Sad Sad we will see
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fresh snow in the central Pyrenees with between 15 and 20 cm in places though Superbagneres is only reporting 10cm. Skied Peyragudes yesterday and the conditions were superb, though there was a blizzard for two hours early afternoon the sun then came out and the skiing was excellent.

The problem that I can see is that the temperatures for the next 7 - 10 days are going to be high in the afternoon and there isn't (as far as I can judge) any more snow on the horizon for the next two weeks.

Enjoy the great conditions whilst you can.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the temps in here are which are forcast dont look too bad?

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=ski;page=11;type=winter;country=Andorra;resort=Pas+de+la+Casa+-+Grau+Roig;sess=#forecast

With a nice big torrential dump of snow a day or two before I go on the 24th Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Just a quick update from the central Pyrenees.

After the 15 - 20 cm on Monday morning the sun has come out with a vengeance. Peyragudes is skiing well and in the sheltered areas there is still powder to play in though the afternoon temperatures are high. I skied at Baqueira today and the slopes were in fantastic condition though the sun is already taking its toll on the exposed side slopes. With 85 runs open and 75cm base the resort is in great condition, though the off piste areas exposed to the afternoon sun are getting hard with a frozen top layer after the previous days melt.

Warm temperatures are still forecast for the next 7 - 10 days.
snow report
The temperatures will drop in 3-4 days.
ski holidays
just got back from soldeu best sking at the top but its still poss to ski over to pas using reds and the black runs a bit soft in the afternoons but ok am. most runs over to pas are holding up but afew blue were maybe opend to soon and have big bits missing but still skiable.the blue run open down to soldeu cablecar is ok but there are big iceybits but its still ok and thay had cannons on when we left this mornig.the reds are ok but the black under the cablecar avet and any reds and blues that pass across this black are shut due to a big race next weekend but thay are hoping to open slalom a black run that runs along side avet.offpiste not so good but you can still find things to do.just need temp to drop snow cannons every where. snowHead
snow conditions
metalhead132 wrote:
The temperatures will drop in 3-4 days.

The temperatures may be a little lower but long term (next 7 - 10 days) is not looking fantastic. On the plus side I have skied both Baqueira and Peyragudes this week and they are holding up very well.
latest report
Just a quick update from Baqueira - fantastic conditions on piste with glorious sun but cooler temperatures meaning the snow is staying firm. Skied a large part of the resort today with relatively empty slopes - an excellent day just before the main holidays start. Very Happy
snow conditions
The forecast for the next week is looking promising. I'm off out on the 24th to Pas and I reckon theres going to be great conditions for us.

The snow gods must like me NehNeh Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Just back from Soldeu. Snow cannons and piste bashers have been busy. "Karlos No2" sums it up. Best conditions were between about 10am and 2pm, but still very skiable the rest of the time. Much better than a month ago, I was told.
Spoke to some Soldeu regulars who said that the lack of snow didn't usually cause too many problems because of the cannons.
But if you're snowboarding take lots of protection. Packed cannon snow is pretty hard stuff. One family of 4 new snowboarders ended the week with only one person not in plaster - others had broken arm, broken leg, and broken both wrists. Sad

Meanwhile I had a great time. Sunny every day. Not very busy. Very Happy
ski holidays
I also spend the weekend skiing in Grandvalira, as bh said I found the piste condition great, specially on Sunday morning.

the lack of snow is considerable, and maybe without snow canons we're skiing on grass; but despite of it I think that they're doing a god job with cannons and bashers. The temps were cold so the snow hold well all the day.

And with no people, specially Sunday we can ski really really fast in the empty slopes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
AlTom, I'm still crossing my fingers that you'll get some nice powder this season over your way - come to think of it, it's a while since we had any! Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski wrote:
AlTom, I'm still crossing my fingers that you'll get some nice powder this season over your way - come to think of it, it's a while since we had any! Very Happy

I skied a lot of powder in the Alps this year, so I'm not obsessed in it, but I have some friends that normally only ski in the pyrenees.... So I'm also prying for them........

I have adviced my boss, that when "the storm" comes (every year we have "the storm"....last year we have to wait to march, but then I skied the day after and found waist deep with fats Shocked Shocked ) I'll take a day off, and I've a friend that do the same.... wink wink wink

The problem is that maybe until easter I can't come to the Alps, and if I have to ski only pistes I'll be a little bored.....

Today and tomorrow is snowing in the southern pyrenees and prepyrenees, but we not expect for more than 10-20cm, and nothing in the north face. All this snow is really nice welcomed because step by step we do a base that will be necessary to ski offpiste when "the storm" arrives.... Laughing Laughing Cool
latest report
Amount of last predicted snowfall....NOTHING Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Forecast for next days --> Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
AlTom wrote:
Amount of last predicted snowfall....NOTHING Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Forecast for next days --> Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Maybe i am hysterically optimistic however a number of reports are pointing to a big dump starting from the 29th...........

We need it, another two weeks of this weather would probably finish off a few resorts
ski holidays
I not pay much attention at the forecast since third day....... And in the pyrenees less, the forecasts are failing at 1 day...... Mad

But, also I hope this dump, the 1st March is Metalian wedding, so will be the best present for him... Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlTom, I hope you both have a very good day, and some excellent snow. Very Happy
ski holidays
2 photos of the last weekend in GV.

Looking at the zone called "freeride area"below pic blanc in grau Roig (about 2700m), you can see that it holds a thin base of snow but not enough to ski, and the couloirs need more snow by far to ski safe.

From the same place looking at "Les Antenes" zone, you can see that ALL faces looking south are in grass at 2400m!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked And it's generally in the pyrenees this year the snow line level in the south faces is really really high,
ski holidays
Well I'm off there in the morning and I'm sure theres going to be snow for us!!

The snow gods are looking down on us and will be timing a nice dump of snow for our first morning on the slopes!

I'll get some pictures up when I'm back

Ant
snow report
any news on the conditions in Soldeu? Off there on sunday for a short all girls break - cannot wait!
latest report
The forecast are horrible, very hot expected until wednesday. And when I say hot I'm referring to 10-15º at 1500m. And the iso-0 up to 2500 all the days, so no refrozen cycle. So I expect that with the little base that we have all S, SE, and SW faces lost all the snow.
latest report
And also I expect a lot of snow melting around, with no possibility to run the snow cannons. So sorry, but not nice conditions......... On wed maybe the temps fall, so only ice and grass...... I'm despressed.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I need a visit to the Alps soon..... Sad Sad Sad ...Or I'll become mad.....today more than 20º in my town Confused Confused Confused ....
snow report
AlTom, Oh dear. Sad Maybe next week? Hopefully it will snow then.
snow report
Daffodils and rhubarb are sprouting in our garden at 1250m, but we are about to go out and lag them in straw because it looks like everything is about to change wink
ski holidays
yesterday in Baqueira at 2500m 8ºC !!!! And in Nuria at 1900m 15º....... In my town in the center of catalunya 5º at the morning due to inversion and 5 hours later 25º Shocked Shocked Shocked

The forecasts are really crazy....warm until tomorrow and then a big fall in the thermometer, a fall about 20-25 degrees!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked The N flux can bring some snow in the N face resorts, so maybe not lost at all.... When I see the snow I'll believe in it wink wink
ski holidays
CHUCKING it down here in Bareges - we've been waiting too long for this! Laughing
latest report
Snowing overnight and this morning in Peyragudes and Superbagneres. If the forecasts are right we are expecting between 50cm and a metre over the next couple of days. The only problem as ever is that there will be strong winds which may affect some of the higher and more exposed lifts.

With colder weather due to continue for a week or so it is looking good for the next few weeks.

Great for our guests and superb for the small children who have never really experienced heavy snow.

(I am looking forward to Thursday - our day off to try out my new B3's)
ski holidays
Just got back from Peyragudes where it has been snowing heavily all day. The guys responsible for clearing the roads were caught out as the snow level came down to town level hit the town (Luchon) at 8am but wasn't forecast to hit until late afternoon and there was already one car in the ditch (suitably lifted out).

Taking the skis for a fresh wax tonight as tomorrow morning is going to be fun.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...............
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy