Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Snow 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman,

Lets just hope it stays cold. I see a low pressure sucking some warmer air up from the atlantic by the middle of this week, but I am no weather expert.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
8.30am

-10C

Sunny

200cm 2400m

144cm 1850m
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy,

Are you goimg t be able to post while you are away, or do I have to wait til you get back for the true snow conditions?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
afcbtim,

Should be able to post from Le Petit Daniore (main pub).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
magic_hat,

On the 11th Jan 2007 there was 125cm at 2400m and 65cm at 1850m. It was -2C. I know because I record it on my snowheads calendar Embarassed

So yes, there is more in the village this year than at the top last year in mid Jan Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
32 sleeps untill my la ros trip...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow seems to have compacted alot

185cm Upper

115cm Lower

-7C
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Rosiere snow depths are very "optomistic" IMO....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from the weekend. Snow condition is very good for time of year. Everything (practically) was open Saturday and Sunday. A good turnout of people in La Thuile, La Ros was pretty quiet. Off piste was quite good if you avoided the obviously rocky spots. The best area was off the back of La Thuile which is north (ish) facing. La Ros off piste on Sunday was good but as it was facing the sun it was a bit more crusty. (but still very good). For on piste skiing, I doubt it can get better. Perfect pistes with no one around.
The snow conditions should hold as it is freezing there. I don't think it got above -7 in the village. Uploaded a few pics quickly this morning
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Diarmuid, Thanks for sharing. Looks lovely Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just booked for a week 6th Jan , the photos look great, can't wait now!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alex A wrote:
La Rosiere snow depths are very "optomistic" IMO....
I wouldn't know as we have always had shedfulls. If you can't see rocks, stones, or grass, then who cares Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Diarmuid,

Cheers Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The rest of the photos are here. I should also recommend Chalet Alpina. Central, comfortable B&B run by a friendly couple. Quite reasonable too.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Diarmuid,

excellent. Where was the last photo taken?
snow report
johnboy, A very nice resto at the bottom of the Chalets express lift / Top of the Bosco Express lift. To the right is the easier of the 2 starts to the Black 3 piste.

Diarmuid, What ore could we ask; beautiful photos, beautiful snow, and a beautiful woman to top it off.

The Col is a very bleak and scenic place. Which muppet allowed giant electricity pylons to be built there
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,

I agree. The pylons really spoil the place
ski holidays
11 sleeps till La Thuille .... Very Happy snowHead Cant Waaait!!!
Snow Just Gets Better And Better Laughing
latest report
Can Anyone Help With Good Mountain Restraunts........ Puzzled

Thanx ...=]
snow report
Blueyedgirl, La Rascard in la Thuile is really good and you get your beer in a boot! Very Happy
ski holidays
Mrs johnboy, Thanks for that.. sounds good!! Is that on the mountain or in the village? Smile
snow conditions
Diarmuid, great photos - very jealous ...
ski holidays
Blueyedgirl, do a forum search for rascard. You will find about 100 posts Very Happy . It is in the town, but quite well hidden.
snow report
It's in the village - we didn't eat on the mountain on the La Thuile aide (just drank). Apparently there's a nice restaurant but we couldn't get to it last year as the run to it wasn't open.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Mrs johnboy,

Thanx guys for info... will do the forum search Very Happy Very Happy

Cant wait to get there!! snowHead
ski holidays
Had a dinner in La Bricole (I think that was the spelling). Food was good French grub. Not that cheap but worth it once in the week.
ski holidays
Skied in La Rosiere on Monday - took the lift up from Escudets, and I can confirm that whilst the snow was very good and plentiful, it pailed into insignificance given the strength of the wind.....it was brass monkeys up there, and there were discussions about shutting the lifts off. From the top, the large wide piste back to resort had major spin drift, and 2 foot deep holes were appearing across the slopes. Towards the Escudets side, the entire mountain looked like it was about to give up and come crashing down - lots of major cracks forming.

Having said that, had a very good morning skiing on piste, followed by a non-stop blast from the top back down to Escudets.

Am fully exfoliated in time for christmas now, my face is still glowing.
latest report
Guvnor,

What do you mean by cracks/ spin drift?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Confused I cant find a good website that i can rely on for the snow forecast .......=S ....???
Anyone know of any????..... snowHead
snow report
Blueyedgirl,

I don't think any can be accurate more than a few days in advance. I use the bbc weather site, go to world, click on western europe, I look at the pressure charts and temp as well as the summary. High Pressure still very much in charge, but there is a front that will give the UK some rain on sunday. This may reach the Alps
latest report
155cm Upper

99cm lower

0C @2400m today
snow report
johnboy, are you off on holiday shortly ???? wink
ski holidays
Smokin Joe,

I day of "work" today. A flying lesson tomorrow, then Christmas doo on Sat night, a few hrs kip and off to the airport Very Happy
snow conditions
johnboy wrote:
Smokin Joe,

I day of "work" today. A flying lesson tomorrow, then Christmas doo on Sat night, a few hrs kip and off to the airport Very Happy

Nice lead up to going johnboy. Is that likely to be a heavy session on Sat night? Or are you going to come over a sensible like with a 3 hr flight on the immediate horizon? wink
latest report
johnboy, Thanks for that! I guess what will be will be... just nice to get all excited when they forecast a big dump!! Looks like that prob isn't the case now! But there's snow, and by the looks plenty of it. Just hope it doesn't warm up too much.. Hope you have a fabulous holiday, we will be there from the 30th Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
johnboy, please contact us on info@tracksvacations.com our Geneva transfer location has been changed and we need to ensure you're fully informed.
snow report
David@traxvax,

Done.

Looks like we could get a few cm of snow over the weekend. Southern alps could get a modest dump
snow report
Right, all packed. My next report will be from La Rosiere Very Happy
latest report
johnboy, Reports piste in excellent condition and very quiet. Says he is off to Italy for lunch Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Live Report from The Petite Danois

Last 2 days have been sunny and just below zero. Did loads of skiing on both sides.

Italy was deserted yesterday with superb pistes.

Slightly overcast today, but cloud is still above the tops. Visibility not as good so have spent the morning on the fontaine froid which is in excellent condition. All the crew at Tracks are well and we had a superb Christmas Dinner last night. Looks to be sunny again tomorrow, but maybe snow on Saturday.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy