Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
Thank you RG, Very Happy
Our next door neighbour is in the Montalbert piece Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some new photos from Anne who posts over on RG's site

www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm

How much snow Shocked How few people Laughing

http://picasaweb.google.fr/laplagne.pictures/JourJ
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I must admit I do love La Plagne. I did my last ski season there in 98/99 and it was epic and we did have more snow than the rest of the resorts in the valley. Also there are not many good skiers so the off piste was always very untracked. I think we had 35 powder days that year ! Base was 260cm at the bottom and 500cm at the top by the the 2nd week of Feb. You could ski all the way to the valley for the next 6-7 weeks down to Aime La plagne at 700m altitude !! Ah memories....

Its looks amazing at the moment...jealous..

Alex
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
wicked pictures again from our darling that is Anne. I will be there on Saturday, I am getting very excited Mad and I have shed loads of work to get through Mad but I cannot muster any concentrattion at all Evil or Very Mad .......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great photos, gwaelod, it's true, where is everyone! Anyone know when the Vanoise express is due to open?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll thank Anne for you !

Vanoise Express will open on 22th, with only one cabin (there's a problem ...on the second cable !)

RG
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can confirm a problem on the Vanoise express - but heard this weekend that the problems may be more serious than first expected. A lot of locals are now trying for refunds on a Paradiski season pass, as they don't expect the cable car to be running for some (in fact most...) of the season.

Sorry.... Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
God bless our new best friend in the world, Anne. Once again how much snow Shocked Shocked Cool

More photos from RG's site

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/index_ENG.html

http://picasaweb.google.fr/laplagne.pictures/SommetGrandeRochetteAlentours
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Guvnor, !!! Is this both cabins? Is there any talk of when it'll be up and running. I'm heading out on the 12th and was about to pre-book passes for our group. Puzzled

Great photos from Anne again. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have just read on the forum de paradiski that the Vanoise will be out of action for 7 months. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Put simply Superb conditions and no body here
This is Plagne centre at around Noon today
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
and this is Bellecote at around 3pm this afternoon
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
im not jealous at all,i am much happier at home and not outside in those horrible conditions,looks terrible snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Champgny is absolutely superb but we were to busy enjoying ourselves to take photo's snowHead
latest report
boredsurfin, Now you are taking the p*ss Toofy Grin
snow report
boredsurfin, well i was to busy today to take pictures aswell,i love working rather than skiing so there
snow report
gwaelod, Sorry Embarassed I'll try not to mention that I have never seen so much snow so early in the season or so low down in the valley at Albertville wink
snow report
boredsurfin, Want a photo of a cold, dank Cardiff Mad Laughing
snow report
boredsurfin, looks brill, will be there tomorrow but not skiing until Sunday.
snow report
Guvnor wrote:
Can confirm a problem on the Vanoise express - but heard this weekend that the problems may be more serious than first expected. A lot of locals are now trying for refunds on a Paradiski season pass, as they don't expect the cable car to be running for some (in fact most...) of the season.

Sorry.... Embarassed

The Vanoise Express will not open at all this season. Annual / Season ticket holders will be refunded the Paradiski supplement on their passes.

More in the news section soon.
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Think some of the people who run businesses near the Vanoise who post on RG's site are dusting of the guilitine for the man who runs the Vanoise Skullie
ski holidays
gwaelod, Well if there is a big fuss it wil back those who insisted the link was a good idea! I nderstood that some of those same locals didn't particularly want it in the first place!
snow conditions
boredsurfin, what's the problem that's going to stop it running for the entire season?

Rather selfishly I have to confess that it's not such a big deal for me. Since buying my Paradiski season ticket my plans have changed a lot so I'm going to be skiing more away from Les Arcs/La Plagne than there, so a partial refund on my ticket is welcome.
snow report
boredsurfin, Think its more of a case of why 2 days before opening is this being announced and also why is there so much work needed doing on it after only 4 years in operation.

Bit annoying for us as we like to use it and have paid a premium to stay in Plan Peisey in 2 weeks but hey ho it just means that we will see every inch of Les Arcs Laughing

We have a short break booked for March so we will most likely go to Belle Plagne or Plagne Soleil and ski as much of La Plagne as poss, assuming you haven't carved all the snow of the slopes by then Toofy Grin

Worse things have happened
snow report
rob@rar, seemingly rust found on some of the wires and they need replacing and that work can't be done in the middle of winter.
ski holidays
rob@rar, The inference is that a problem with the cable(s) bundles needs further examination and no one would risk saying it was OK for the coming winter. Do bear in mind it has been running at least 2 days every week during the Summer season. Personally I don't believe anyone would sign it off as safe if there was even a slight doubt. Skullie
latest report
Its looking good, we are staying in Les Coches for the first time so its looking good for us in January !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, yes, even with the Vanoise closed you will only have about 250km Shocked of snow covered piste to keep you busy Laughing
ski holidays
gwaelod wrote:
Chris Brookes, yes, even with the Vanoise closed you will only have about 250km Shocked of snow covered piste to keep you busy Laughing

will it def not being working this season or is it just a rumour ?
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, 100% closed Crying or Very sad
snow report
Chris Brookes, Closed all season, see snow news section.
snow conditions
Balls !!
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, I wouldn't be to dis-heartened. Snow conditions in the area are amazing and Les Coches is a great location to visit the rest of La Plagne. Have you been to La Plagne before or is Les Coches your first visit to the whole area?
snow report
Interesting the different attitude of UK versus France over corroded cables
UK is often derided as Health and Safely fanatics, but look at this:
Corrosion has been found in the Forth road bridge cables, and traffic is still trundling across (Sunday Herald).
This has been know about for at least 3 years.
So why are the French being so very careful? Puzzled
snow conditions
gwaelod, We have never visited this ski area before and was opening to travel on the Vanoise
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Interesting the different attitude of UK versus France over corroded cables
UK is often derided as Health and Safely fanatics, but look at this:
Corrosion has been found in the Forth road bridge cables, and traffic is still trundling across (Sunday Herald).
This has been know about for at least 3 years.
So why are the French being so very careful? Puzzled

Read davidof's post half way along this thread. Its new EU regulations. You can't really complain as I would not like to be the one to prove there really is an issue in 2 weeks time Skullie
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, I can understand your disappointment but we have stayed 3 times now in Montchavin just below where you will be and you will have a ball. Cool
snow conditions
gwaelod, Can you suggest any good runs (all levels )? What is the highest point at La Plagne as i was hoping to visit Aiguelle Rouge above Les Arc until i read on here about Vanoise.

Another question(hope you dont mind) are the roads upto the resorts normally clear and have you ever had to put on snow chains ?
snow report
Chris Brookes, So many good runs, where to start. Of for a run, will post back later. Only driven to Montchavin once and there was no snow Crying or Very sad so not an issue. Few that have just arrived in Montalbert ss they will know condiitons better. Best to have snow chains but if you have to put them on to get to Les Coches then you are for on hell of a skiing holiday Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy