Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs snow report 2007/2008 season

Poster: A snowHead
Can't wait to get out there on the 18th (first day of four ski trips planned this year).

Rob - are any lifts open at the minute? Resort isn't officially open so I guess the only option is a cheeky hike.

Is anyone out in Les Arcs from Friday 18th over Christmas? I'm a long time lurker on here and wondering what snowheads get up to in resorts... If snow is good I'd fancy hiring a guide from the bureau if others are interested?

JimF
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JimF, welcome at last and well done for taking the plunge.

There are indeed a few of us lurking in the vicinity over the festive season, some close to you and some a few chair lifts away. What do SH get up to? Loads of skiing/boarding and the occasional apres............. oh and there is talk of the Vilaroger challenge this season Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hello everyone.

whats happening with the weather now?
there is a group of about 16/17 of us heading over to Les Arcs on the 15th, with uni, for the week.
cant wait!!

who else is gonna be out there then?

Sam
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just got to a place where I can log online again. The snow looks great, hope it is going to stay this year. Rob when do you get back out. Geri I hope to be there by the 15. Sam where are you all staying fancy meeting up for a beer or two. JimF there are quite a few of us around, in different places. Where will you be based and how long are you out for. Mouth let's try to get together for that drink this time.

Just looking at the web cams again. It really looks great, how is the wind today Rob. Will the snowgods be kind this Christmas!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowcrazy, Unfortunately not out at Christmas this year - having to wait till Jan 19/18/17ish, not sure quite which, yet rolling eyes Whereabouts are you based?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
For cam mad people found this page. Some nice wide of grizzly cam not available form the Grizzly cam web page on the Les Arcs site. Strange?

http://www.snoweye.com/?page=fr-tarentaise&detail=peisey
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JimF, welcome to snowHeads. I don't think they have opened any lifts at the moment, although I'm skiing in Val d'Isere this week so I might be missing things here in Les Arcs.

snowcrazy, today was lovely. Mostly blue skies, no wind, pleasant temperatures. Perfect early season conditions. The high winds on Monday and Tuesday have stripped some slopes almost bare, and loaded other slopes with huge slabs, so off-piste needs care (not that it's an issue for me as this week I will mostly be snowploughing!). I'm out for Christmas and New Year (24th - 3rd).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We're "commuting" over Christmas .... 20th going out to Bourg St M .. 24th back to England to do the family thing. 27th back out with Charlotte (just turned 22 and learning what its like to have a "real" job afer uni!..........Make sure you enjoy it while you can Sambmx!!!!!). I have to go back for start of school term on 2nd Jan but Steve may be staying out. We'd love to meet up with whoever will have us! PM us or email/phone if you've got our details.
Thanks to all who send the latest snow news.. Today sounded lovely Rob. Cant wait to get out there now.
I'm off sick at the mo and feeling very sorry for myself - but at least it hopefully means I'll be over it before we arrive!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jayne durham, it was nice in Val for most of the day, but a bit of cloud came in after lunch so we headed to the trees above La Daille. Snow line has risen a bit as temps have been fairly warm in the last couple of days, but more snow is forecast so that should improve already good conditions. Hopefully the wind will not be too bad and those places which are very thin from the storm at the beginning of this week will get some coverage.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone else noticed the new Arc 1950 web cam Laughing Laughing

More cams. Bring it on Laughing Laughing

http://www.webcam-ski.com/webcams/interfaces/arcs1950d/interface.php?pk_interface=111&m=images&r=panoramique
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gwaelod, that's a good one. Lots of different views around the village and up the slopes.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar,

All looks amazingly white Cool . Only 31 days for us. can't wait to see what the bowl looks like now with the new resevoir
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gwaelod wrote:
rob@rar,

All looks amazingly white Cool . Only 31 days for us. can't wait to see what the bowl looks like now with the new resevoir

If I have time on Saturday I'll see if I can drive around and take some photos.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gwaelod, yes - only saw the new cam today - particularly like the history of pics - especially this one from 3rd Dec!! - hopefully see similar ones at the end of this coming weekend as well.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jayne durham, yeah, i dont have a hope in hell of getting a job after i graduate.
doing photography. three or four people for every job available. hmmmm
taking a year out and spending it all skiing:D NZ then Canada.

cant wait.
the forecast looks promising, and there is a base, albeit nothing massive, still can ski! haha
ski holidays
Quote:

If I have time on Saturday I'll see if I can drive around and take some photos.

That would be great Rob. Although I would be surprised if it isn't just a set of piles of earth covered in snow can't think they would have got far enough to be able to put water into anything...

Are the lifts open this w/end? - or are you going to snow shoe up there? Very Happy

New cam does look good - was going to post on here about it yesterday, then internet let me down, and wallop - everyone has noticed it!

Bungle good to see you are still alive! When are you out?
snow report
JimW, doesn't look like I'm going to have time to get over there today. Took me ages to drive down from Tignes because of snow-induced slow traffic.

Just been speaking to an ESF instructor who has taught in Les Arcs for 30 years and he said these are the best pre-Christmas conditions he can remember for a long time Smile It's looking pretty good now, with more snow expected...
ski holidays
rob@rar,

Forgiven. Will see the place 4 weeks tomorrow anyway.

Conditions on the cams looks amazing. I rememeber it was around 8th Decemebr last year before there was any snow at all, this year they are knee deep in it with loads more due in the next few days. Cool snowHead

For the cam mad people out there Blush there is a cam in 1800 embedded in this bars website.

http://www.bluebar.fr
latest report
gwaelod wrote:
this year they are knee deep in it with loads more due in the next few days. Cool snowHead

It's a bit more than knee deep even at resort level, and it's snowing gently now.

Anyway, signing off from the Tarentaise for the time being. My snow reports will resume in 15 days...
snow conditions
rob@rar, safe journey home.
ski holidays
rob@rar, Safe trip snowHead
ski holidays
rob@rar, hardly worth coming home - phone in sick !! snowHead Laughing Laughing
snow report
Ohhhhh mamma!!

34 days 20 hours 48 mins, 24,23,22 seconds...
snow report
Looking Good snowHead
ski holidays
Looking Good snowHead
ski holidays
gwaelod wrote:
Looking Good snowHead

gwaelod you have just made my day.
i have the most horrific hangover and still 3000words of an essay to write, but it doesnt matter. there is snow, and im going skiing in less than a week!!! YAY!
ill stick some pics etc up on here when we get back and give a report Little Angel Toofy Grin haha
latest report
sambmx,

Student and hangvoer, a 22 years ago memory snowHead Bet you don't write the essay and go back oout on the p*ss tonight. Laughing You obvioulsy haven't seen the forecast for the next few days. Lots of snow due over the next 3 days. If going in a weeks time you are going to have amazing conditions.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast.asp?resortID=28
snow report
gwaelod, would love to go back out on the wee wee tonight, but i need some money to get pissed with when i go skiing!! haha.
almost done with the essay, so thats all good. haha.

and thats AWESOME with the weather report.
well happy for the good conditions. i went early january to Les Gets and was skiing across mud some days, didnt stop raining the whole time i was there. so depressing Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sambmx,

You been to Les Arcs before?
ski holidays
Nah, this is my first time.
skiied Les Get 4 times, Chatel once and somewhere in italy, but that was ages ago.
a mates sister is working in La Plaigne (sp?) and ive got the paradiski pass, so got access to the whole area Very Happy
snow conditions
sambmx,

We always take the Paradski area pass, its worth every penny. It genuinely is 425Km of skiing snowHead . Great but different skiing either side. Which part of Les Arcs are you in.
snow report
JimW, yeah - I'm still alive - little tied up with football coaching right now - have an assessment next year and trying to get my coaching log sorted so not too much attention on the skiing just yet.

I'm out 26th Jan week - so pleased with my decision not to go out for the opening weekend what with the snow conditions always being so poor first week of the season Shocked

to make it worst, just arranged a four night stay starting 14th Dec for a mate of mine diverting from Andorra Sad
snow report
Not sure which part of Les Arcs im in :s oops. haha
we are with Ski-Alpine, if thats any help? apart from that i dont know.

do you ski Les Arc most of the time then?
ski holidays
sambmx,

Yes we always go there, it has everything. You will have a ball. snowHead

Looks like you are in Arc 1800. Great location.

http://www.ski-alpine.co.uk/res_les_arcs.aspx
latest report
Ahh awesome.
a couple of friends always go to Les Arcs n say its one of, if not the best place they have been.
im currently annoying all my flatmates my talking about it 24/7.
even got dressed up in my jacket and sallopettes the other day for sh1ts n giggles n walked around the flat. complete with goggles! haha
snow report
sambmx,

Theres a guy called boredsurfin who posts here who is deluded and reckons La Plagne is better than Les Arcs rolling eyes Laughing . Get the Paradski pass and commit yourself to skkig till you cry everyday. Very envious you are off in a week. We have 4 weeks to go.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 8-12-07 23:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
gwaelod, I never said that Laughing wink I reckon that there isn't a lot to choose between the two except I can never find a restaurant in Les Arcs for lunch that isn't heaving, but I'm going to work on that this season Very Happy
latest report
boredsurfin,

Good lord you have a point, we always eat in La Plagne side Cool . I repeat myself but the 'american burgers' in the restaurnat just the La Plagne side of the Vanoise washed down with a Stella gives the afternoon run an extra kick. Did eat in the famous place in Villarogier this year and that was incredible. Definitely a stop in Jan. Coffee in Montalbert about 11am is very nice too.
latest report
gwaelod, I don't know if its real or imagined but there does seem to be a lack of restaurants on the LA side, but I guess I know the LP side better and thus where the restaurants are Confused
snow conditions
boredsurfin, it can be tricky but there are lots of options to avoid massive queues:
1. Ski home and DIY
2. Eat early in the Arpette
3. La Ferme is normally OK for queues unless the weather is bad and lots of people head to Villaroger to escape the elements
4. The Flying Squirrel is usually very quiet at lunchtime
5. Valentino's in 1950 is normally good for a table because it's quite big
6. Book a table at Chalet de l'Arc (or the snack bar underneath it is good if you visit a bit early)
7. Grab a snack at one of the huts around the place.
8. The restaurant at Alpage du Chantel (at 1800) is a little out of the way so is fairly quiet at lunchtime
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy