Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

forget shaped carver, upgrade fat powder ski

Poster: A snowHead
Tom from Austria, so we need 6 different pairs? Do you do cross-coutry rax Toofy Grin. ey up brian snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossfra8 wrote:
Tom from Austria, so we need 6 different pairs? Do you do cross-coutry rax Toofy Grin. ey up brian snowHead

Yes, if you plan to ride down Matterhorn, Alaska powder, 70° steep corn snow fields
as well as groomed pistes and trees at the same time.

Was a joke. The right answer is NO. The all-round model is good for piste and off-piste.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tom from Austria, are the teeth at the back of the ski detachable and interchangeable?? is there a standard ski whereby you can just change the bit at the back for different conditions??
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops wrote:
Tom from Austria, are the teeth at the back of the ski detachable and interchangeable?? is there a standard ski whereby you can just change the bit at the back for different conditions??

You mean showing dragon's teeth when skiing with your wife and then -without any ski change- smiling teeth when doing the same with your true love ? Or vice versa ?

Yeah, we thought about making the whole carrier with fins interchangeable.
This is because the inclination of carrier and distance between the teeth matters.

Another option would be removable carrier for touring ski.

All that and much more is possible.
These 15 prototypes are not final , they are the beginning.

Rax skis will never be patented in US, UK and France.
So it will be your turn to make them better.
snow report
 brian
brian
Tom from Austria wrote:

Now, that I 100% agree with. Actually I need cheering up, think I'll watch that vid again ... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tom from Austria wrote:

So it will be your turn to make them better.

Done it ! that was easy wink

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nealglover wrote:
Done it ! that was easy wink

Not bad, just cut off the half of ski tail with this disturbing rounding.
Mount a diagonal carrier just behind the binding, inclined by 8°.
Don't forget some fins, to improve snow grip.
You've just created Rax ski.

Or you cut them under the heel and yield Rax generation 2008 "Glacier"
Or...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian wrote:
Tom from Austria wrote:

Now, that I 100% agree with. Actually I need cheering up, think I'll watch that vid again ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ha, ha
Not patented in UK does not mean: not sold there !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just a thought Tom, in your video the guy is "turning" so fast it looks totally pointless, he may as well just go in a straight line as the "turns" are not achieving anything at all.

whats the point of that ?

its just like dragging an anchor behind to slow you down and going everywhere in a straight line isnt it ?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 23-11-07 11:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tom from Austria wrote:

Not bad, just cut off the half of ski tail with this disturbing rounding.
Mount a diagonal carrier just behind the binding, inclined by 8°.
Don't forget some fins, to improve snow grip.
You've just created Rax ski.

Or you cut them under the heel and yield Rax generation 2008 "Glacier"
Or...

...... or just leave them alone because they work really well ?

never mind

rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB, the day of reckoning nears, any special last requests Twisted Evil Shocked

No seriously it's going to be interesting to hear an impartial view on these baby's, I trust there will be a vid of the event so we can all comment on your rax flap technique and give poor Tom from Austria a break.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nealglover wrote:
... in your video ....the "turns" are not achieving anything at all.

whats the point of that ?

its just like dragging an anchor behind to slow you down and going everywhere in a straight line isnt it ?

No, the trace (not visible for the snow was hard) was a clear curve with amplitudes
(deviations from the straight line) of half a meter or meter.
So it was a very dense slalom with virtual gates.

Ski shows its potential of extremely versatile turning with minimum skier's effort.
Twisting the feet starts acceleration in one direction.
A pressure in opposite direction immediately starts contrary angular accelaration.

Provided that the ski is pivoting on its fins, there is no delay between two successive turns
(if you do not want it) as this ski requires no weight transfer, no ski release and no edge setting.

But the rotation of skis must be compensated by some antirotation.
Here that of the pole and the arms.
It could be much smoother and graceful, i agree.
It is something like pirouette in figure skating.

This fast turning by few degrees does not slow you down much. To achieve that you should execute 90 to 180 degrees turns. Last but not least you can skid on edges or plough as you are used to. Or carve if fins were fixed on shaped carver.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nealglover wrote:
...just cut off the half of ski tail ......
or just leave them alone because they work really well ?

Oh, Nealglover, you never perceived the freedom
having the bonds of long skis released
and ride unshackled on the shortiest skis ?

They're so easy to turn, you have absolute control and come everywhere down.
The path can be as narrow as 15cm...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davejsy wrote:
DB, the day of reckoning nears, any special last requests Twisted Evil Shocked

No seriously it's going to be interesting to hear an impartial view on these baby's, I trust there will be a vid of the event so we can all comment on your rax flap technique and give poor Tom from Austria a break.

Sorry I've been busy most of the day writing my will. Wink Need to sort out which boots I will use (alpine or touring boots with alpine sole).

Tom, got your number will give you a call later or first thing in the morning - you are bringing a video camera with you aren't you?

Must admit I agreed to ski these things without actually seeing the vid Shocked (can't access youtube at work). Then I saw the vid and thought OH MY GOD! - he skis just like me Wink.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB, Positively can't WAIT for your report! Be careful.
snow report
DB wrote:

1) ... Need to sort out which boots I will use (alpine or touring boots with alpine sole).

2) Tom, got your number will give you a call later or first thing in the morning - you are bringing a video camera with you aren't you?

3) Then I saw the vid and thought OH MY GOD! - he skis just like me Wink.

1) Do not select boots, DB, please. Take them all if you got enough space in the car.
In any case we will have to adjust the binding there.

2) Am leaving Vienna at 7:00 and reaching Hochkar around 9:00

3) Relax, you will see no wonder, just skiing.

It will be raining tomorrow and snowing above 1500. No sun.
I got just mobile phone for video.

Have a nice journey.
snow report
1) I'll bring both pairs of boots and both poles.
2) Leaving Vienna around 7:00 too.
3) .... and flapping.

No sun - good, less fair weather Wieners
We will have to ride high, the flapping will help. Laughing

What no film crew Wink

Safe journey too, bis Morgen.
ski holidays
cool - the scene is set. . .
ski holidays
Sweet! DB, you're the man.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone seen Tom? I aint seen him all day. Mad
snow conditions
DB, You are KIDDING??!!!!
ski holidays
Hurtle,
Wish I was.
Turned up around 9:20, saw no sign of anybody on the top car park with Rax skis. Called him on his mobile number (he sent me via a pm) various times and even left a message.
Kept riding the lift above the top car park and looking out for Tom but not seen or heard anything from him all day.
Had a good days skiing even though the snow has suffered since last week. The forecast is good http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/niederoesterreich/hochkar/.
ski holidays
DB, Well, glad you had a good day, but what a tosser!
latest report
Quote:

Anyone seen Tom? I aint seen him all day.

Hmmm Tom from Austria haven't done yourself any favours there. No more new rax flapping footage for us all to laugh at. . . Sad
snow report
DB, well thanks for trying and giving him a fair chance. If these things are going to work at all, I would think they need really deep powder or corn snow. Possibly not ideal conditions?

Maybe he got stopped by the police and done for carrying offensive weapons?
latest report
What ever that thing is, I like it!

Marko from Finland, not a friend of Tom of Finland Very Happy
snow report
To be honest I couldn't even get my own newly serviced powder skis to run in the (chopped up melted sierra cement) off piste today. Shame really, the video would of been entertaining.
latest report
DB, At least you did your bit. Shame there is no independent Snowhead test though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well that hasn't done much to convince everyone Tom has it ?

DB kindly took time to give you the chance to prove everyone wrong, and you let him down, shame on you Puzzled
latest report
Tom from Austria, good show!
snow report
Tom from Austria was just a troll??? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
DB wrote:

Turned up around 9:20, saw no sign of anybody on the top car park with Rax skis. Called him on his mobile number (he sent me via a pm) various times and even left a message.
Kept riding the lift above the top car park and looking out for Tom but not seen or heard anything from him all day.
Had a good days skiing even though the snow has suffered since last week.

I'm very sorry for this misfortune.
My fault was that I didn't check the phone. It was apparently switched to "very silent" by my wife before.
So I couldn't hear your ring.

The rest of our day-long seeking each other can hardly be explained.
In my PM, the arrival was announced within the interval of 9:00 to 9:30.
Between 9:30 and 9:45 a tall man in red ski overall was standing at the entrance of upper parking lot
(20 meters from ticket office) and holding white "Hard Rax". As announced in PM.
Then he went by 4-chairs lift crossing the upper parking lot, came back off-piste through the couloir
of this lift and waited 15 minutes at the same place.
This operation was repeated twice. The man thought that something happened to DB.

He took then very short red-white ski "Glacier" (92cm, no photo published yet) and tested it on all pistes,
especially the steepest "Sykora Slalom Hang" till 14:00. After short pause in auto, he chose the entry model "La Fee" to ride down some off-piste terrain like "Leckerplan in the lift trace".
The weather was cloudy with no wind, fogs reaching to the low part of the resort.
Sunshine appeared just 10 minutes before lifts closed.

There is no explanation for this missing each other in a resort with 7 lifts.
The man in red overall and yellow helmet was the only one descending under the lift chairs,
visible to all people on lifts. He has seen nobody else riding off-piste as the old snow was heavy.

I am very sorry and hope you enjoyed the skiing, DB.
Though the snow was not good for fat skis and there were many stones and rocks off-piste.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 26-11-07 18:44; edited 2 times in total
snow report
rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
Tom from Austria,

Sounds like you waited a few meters from where my car was parked.
Spent the whole day looking for you but didn't know you were in red as that appears to be a description you posted on TGR and not here. (only saw the TGR post late yesterday).
Assumed that either something had happpened to you or the whole thing was a joke.

Maybe I could try them at a later date (01/12/07 is not good for me). Are you based in Vienna?
snow report
maybe as a punishment Tom from Austria should be made to wear a flouresent all in one, to make himself more identifiable to DB next time. wink
latest report
parlor wrote:
Tom from Austria was just a troll??? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The Snow Heads community is still waiting for an evidence that there is any reality behind all those photos.
None of you has ever seen Rax skis.
Well, the whole affair could just be the product of image processing software.
Breathe a sigh of relief and hope, doctor!

The famous video is hiding fins completely, the ski could be any short ski as well. The lack of further videos is an additional argument for the new hypothesis: Rax ski = deceit ?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 26-11-07 18:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Has anyone read 'The Timewaster letters'?

I think Tom from Austria (probably one of many noms de plume) is just gathering material for his upcoming 'The Forum Troll' Book.
ski holidays
doctor_eeyore wrote:
...Tom from Austria ... is just gathering material for his upcoming 'The Forum Troll' Book.

No, he is not.

Today's joke ( I apologize for it) has been inspired by the astonishing fact,
that just one guy out of hundred who saw me or shared a chair lift with me
asked me about my rather unconventional skis.

His 185cm wide shaped carvers laid side-by-side with my sharp-tip 92cm ones!!

I must not be visible that day.
latest report
Tom from Austria,

So when you didn't meet DB (who had your mobile number) did you not think to check your mobile for missed calls or messages ?

Seems like the first thing I would do in that situation ?
snow report
Nealglover wrote:
Tom from Austria,
So when you didn't meet DB (who had your mobile number) did you not think to check your mobile for missed calls or messages ?

Yes, I commited mistakes. I hadn't known about "vibration alarm" set at my mobile.
I had no phone-no of DB. I had no doubt that my driving in fall line under the seats and on pistes had to be visible.
The next window of opportunity opens Dec 1 - 2 or a week later.
The teleferic of Mt.Rax starts the service and Rax skis should see their birthplace after 1.5 years of absence.
To make this dream true, 30 cm snow on 500 m is necessary, otherwise we could ski together somewhere between Salzburg and Vienna.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy