Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno Snow 2007/ 2008

Poster: A snowHead
just got back and the snow is fantastic......quite a few runs open and more opened on saturday as the resort became busy with the italian holiday....the new gondola was still not open and not looking very likely to be very soon although rumour has it they want it up and running by christmas.....it snowed a few centimetres each evening so it was fresh powder each morning and temperatures were at lowest -3 and highest +2 so it was perfect. stayed in a brand new apartment for the week up near daphne's it cost 350 euro's and was for 5 people.....it was excellent and one of the best we have stayed in
hannah
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just looked at skiclub site. Only 28cm on lower runs. There was 28 cm on the mini bus roof from La Rosiere this morning. (And that was 3 weeks old snow!!) Good job it's 7 weeks till my next trip.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anybody any news on Livigno? Heading out on 19th. Can't wait!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latest I seen was 43cm on lower slopes and 109cm on the higher slopes.
Heading on the 26th myself.
Any word that the new Gondola is running?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMICKERS, Went dec 22-29

Had a ball...

edges required by last 2 days on certain runs...

Must consider if I would be prepared to succumb to race training if I get back there though Puzzled

I've been invited to tele festival in April but I don't think that is even remotely possible...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
no news on the new gondola yet.....20 cm of snow is forecast over the next few days and temperatures staying down around -5 at the tops so should be pretty good for the 19th
hannah
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks for all your help folks. Going to Livigno for the first time this year. Where is the best nightlife, bars etc and more importantly how much is the beer??
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well a few of the places we were in last March were Daphne's - sort of Irish Bar, Kustal (or something like that).
There is also a night where u can book up the mountain in the Tea Bork restaurant, u get a ride up in a skidoo, and walk down again and its clean mad when ur there, you get fed and shots etc.
Cost wise, Livigno is dead cheap as it is a tax free resort, especially if you compare it to the likes of France.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMICKERS, you're not going with the Queen's uni ski trip are ya? I took the constant price of beer questioning as a hint;)

I'm heading out with a few mates the same week and I'm trying to figure out if I know anyone going!

I went the week of the 27th Jan last year and it was great!

We tended to hang about the San Rocco area, Marco's is good craic, fills up late. The Cenacolo is a cracking restaurant, they give you this free liquer called "Arancino" I think, its deadly. Literally bottles of it, for free. Also, there's a pub a bit down the road called the Homelywood, it had a decent wee club upstairs. Kokodi was overpriced and a bit shite I thought.

You'll have a great holiday.

The only downside for me was the ski bus in the afternoons, if you were on the Mottolino side. Best to head back to the carosello side and have a few runs before everyone starts coming off the slopes and the buses get rammed.

The drink in the the supermarkets is unbelievably cheap, pace yourself is my advice, speaking from the experience of a couple of very unpleasant skiing days!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

The only downside for me was the ski bus in the afternoons, if you were on the Mottolino side. Best to head back to the carosello side and have a few runs before everyone starts coming off the slopes and the buses get rammed.

When on that side last year, we just got a taxi back, 10 of us were able to get in, I think it's only €2 a head.
Great taxi service in the resort compared to some others I've been to.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like Livigno is Norn Iron's fav ski resort.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MhicEasmuint, element, little tiger, hannah34, johnboy etc etc many thanks for all your help. Element, no I'm not part of the Queen's crowd however I probably do have a bit of a 'uni' attitude to life!!! 10 of us now going on the 19th. Most of us staying in the Marco Galli apartments above the bank in San Rocco. Heard anything about these? Hopefully I'll meet you all for a beer or ten out there!!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi all

We also headin to Livigno 19th Jan. Should be good given recent snow! Anyone heard reports on L'ables apartments in San Rocco?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Anyone heard reports on L'ables apartments in San Rocco?

Absolutely first class!!!
Best apartments I've stayed in so far on any holiday. Tried to get them this year again but they were booked up.
They have a cool sound system thing, you could plug your ipod of the likes into a socket in the wall int he lounge, and then there was controls in every room to control the volume of the speakers in that room. Pretty Cool!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am heading out on 23rd Feb. Anyone around that date? There are 6 of us this year.
latest report
Quote:

Absolutely first class!!!
Best apartments I've stayed in so far on any holiday. Tried to get them this year again but they were booked up.

Thanks thats good news MhicEasmuint!

Are they handy to the slopes/lifts and can you ski back ?
snow conditions
Quote:

Are they handy to the slopes/lifts and can you ski back ?

You could probably walk to one of the drag lifts. The bus stops practically outside the apartments so handy enough to get anywhere.
You can't ski back to the apartments.
latest report
half a meter forecast for tonight and tomorrow....should be great for all you heading out this weekend although getting into the resort maybe a bit of a nightmare....have fun
hannah
snow report
hannah34, sounds like it should be perfect for when we get there on the 19th Happy
ski holidays
Yeah looking good alright and on j2ski it's giving more for next Wed Thurs and Friday at the moment. Very Happy
http://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/Italy/Livigno_snow.html
latest report
SMICKERS, Bottles of bushmills were 5euro the last we went - great resort - loads of skiing & loads of bars - have a great time.

Looks like it's dumping too!
ski holidays
Mrs johnboy, many thanks.
snow report
Just had an e-mail from somebody in Livigno at the minute. It is dumping it down at the minute Mrs Johnboy. Roll on the 19th.
snow report
Looks like they are getting a massive dump today Very Happy
snow report
yes just had a call from friends out there who say its really heavy and the avalanche alerts are on
snow report
6 weeks today I will be there Very Happy
snow report
2 weeks today and I will be there with 28 others. Very Happy
latest report
Looked at the webcams before and its pure white which is a nice sign. Not liking the forecast for fri/sat next week. Could be a bit tricky getting up there me thinks...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just on phone to friends in livvy.....3 guys killed by avalanches....will let you know more if i found out.....treacherous conditions by the sounds of it not for skiing in
ski holidays
2 local lads and their friend.....one of the lads was the son of a mountain rescuer......shocking news

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 12-01-08 21:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
hannah34, sorry to hear the news Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Awhful new Sad
Was it off piste?
latest report
it was over on federia apparently....not sure what they were doing, avalanche warnings were in place but being local they could have been working....it just goes to show it can happen to anyone, however well you can ski or know the area...
ski holidays
Sad news,

Does anyone know how easy it is to get a bus out of Livigno during the week to the nearest airport?
My holiday is in doubt at the minute for several reasons, I'm supposed to be departing on the 19th, but at the minute, it might not happen.

Assuming I can go though, if I have to come home during the week, are there daily buses to Bergamo or any other airport that has daily flights to the UK?

Thanks Smile

At least the snow is looking good!
latest report
hi element yes you can get back to bergamo by bus and train.....check here http://www.mountain-toursltd.com/aaenglish/transfers.htm and click on transfers to bergamo.....the returns are on there too
hannah
snow conditions
Thanks hannah34, Smile
snow conditions
I see that 2 young skiers were killed in Livigno on Saturday aswell folks. Terrible.

More snow predicted for this week also. This is a far cry from last year when I went to Pamporovo and the snow was very scarce.

Counting down the hours now!!!
ski holidays
yes they were local lads apparently and the avalanche warnings had been on all day....it was over on federia
hannah
snow report
Snow report on J2ski.com looking very good folks. Predicting snow every day for next seven days from tomorrow!! Great!!!
ski holidays
been looking at webcams and looks pretty rough again today.....hope it stops for when you go smickers....nothing worse then getting to a resort and not being able to ski with bad weather and avalanche warnings all about
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy