Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert La Plagne 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
How much snow had you had so far and is it still snowing tonight?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redrunmarcus, There are a bunch of snowHead out in Tignes this week including one of the famous Lardy brigade (FTS).

See you at weekend?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunny today + 5 on my balcolny at 12.30 off over to Plagne centre great day yesterday in Tignes and Val good snow but cold out of the sun
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BUMP. Any update on conditions redrunmarcus, Heading out this weekend.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mouth, sunny again today snow standing up well in the sun runs back to the village excellent -going to try to do as many blacks as poss today
All runs in resort open yesterday except 1 black off the glacier
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
redrunmarcus, thanks and sounds great. looking forward to it. Will post my ownreport from resort next week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What is the snow like up on the glacier. Has the wind blown the snow off all the ridges. Anyone been up there in the past few days. We want to go up to ski the bowl this weekend if the snow is good.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowcrazy, never made it today.....my ski buddy was having a bad day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On the glacier today excellent conditions sunny with fabulous grippy snow.......................
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
-1 this morning a warm day forecast going over to Les Arcs for the 1st time this season come back Vanoise Express!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
redrunmarcus, Watch out for Mouth and better half, she is in Montalbert now Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, ok -Les Arcs good today went down to Villaroger and the reds round Peisey were in great nick ....snow forecast for tonorrow night????/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
redrunmarcus, Mouth just txt to say very people around esp. in Champgny this am. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just heard the weather forecast it is now snow on Wednesday night down to 400 metres.............................
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
redrunmarcus, Better than snow on a saturday eh!
ski holidays
boredsurfin, very true slows the traffic down and I miss out on the powder......................
ski holidays
-5 this morning the snow cannon on the village slope has been running all night -cloudy today snow forecast for tonight -bound to be a great weekend as I am at 3 different airports this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
redrunmarcus, Between 6 and 11 cm forecast by snowguess for Montalbert to-night Toofy Grin
snow conditions
boredsurfin, I need to park the cool mobile further up so you can see the logo-looking forward to the snow will be up at 6 to see if I need to put the chains on Toofy Grin
ski holidays
There was cloud on Mt Blanc earlier but has cleared now but there are dark clouds coming in from Three Valleys
snow report
Needs to be further back?
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Heavy snow due overnight and into the morning and first transfer day of the school holiday season. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, Yep and Marcus will be sat in a traffic jam instead of in the Powder snowHead
snow conditions
boredsurfin, I'm crying Razz Razz Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
thefatcontroller, boredsurfin, NOT AS MUCH AS ME.......................
snow report
boredsurfin, you mean up towards the lift?
snow report
Its snowing........................ Very Happy
snow report
Very cold this morning -5 on the balcony now and not due to rise all day -snow coming in from accross the valley Mt Blanc got hat scarf gloves on... snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TOLD YOU........... snowing now 20 -25 cm due
snow report
redrunmarcus, More due tomorrow as well according to snowguess Very Happy
snow conditions
Well we a re just back from a great week in Montalbert and can report that conditions are very good indeed.

The first few days of last week you could almost be forgiven for thinking it was spring as temperatures were indeed warm for January but on Wednesday a sudden drop in temperature with low cloud and snow falling (lightly) made you realise that this was January for sure! Snow conditions for the first part of the week were good with well packed snow on the groomed pistes, a little icy in places but knowing which runs to ski when always helps!

The latter part of the week was very cold with the threat of snow showers which eventually arrived Friday night and Saturday morning. I would say about 15cms fresh snow fell. We only had a nanny until Friday so we had to share the fresh snow on Saturday. I got the afternoon slot and got lucky as the sun shone and due to the lack of people there was still fresh tracks to be had. As I got to the top of the Fornelet chair at about noon I could only just see Aime 2000 in the cloud which was hanging over the whole of La Plagne so decided to ski the Montalbert runs all pm.

The Montalbert blue and red Bois de Croselin were all in great nick as well as the newly graded Fornelet red although you did need to watch for the "neige de culture" under the fresh stuff on this run. I hopped across to gentil via le Forperet restaurant and found untracked powder field to play in. Also came down the powder by the long drag that runs next to the chair. There were a few "whoops" to be heard I can tell you. The bottom part of the Montalbert blue remains closed although with the new snow I expect that should be open soon.

All in all a great week skiing (sorry boarding). Quiet runs and gtreat conditions - think we will plan this week again next year.

I can report that we bumped into redrunmarcus, who was performing some domestic duties for one of his apartments. Looking very well have to say and not sure if it is the mountain air, all that skiing or the girlfriend! Good to see you albeit breifly!

We also tried the new L'arome restaurant down in Aime one night for dinner. Fab place and would recommend you try it. Well worth the drive down the valley although not when snowing I have to say.
latest report
Mouth, Sounds like a good week did your better half ski all week?
Are you going back soon? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
boredsurfin, You can see on the 11am update on the Montchavin webcam that it is snowing heavy now and low Cool 5 weeks..2 days.. Cool
snow report
boredsurfin, yes he skied ALL week and was soo good. Toofy Grin

5 weeks and 6 days ...... not soon enough. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
thefatcontroller, My fave run of last week has to be the Pierre Blanche blue from bottom of Dos Rond down as far as Le Sauget restaurant. Every day we did it was fab and just such a cruising experience. Top to bottom no stop flat out is the best way Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Check those webcams it's dumping it down Very Happy
ski holidays
Mouth,
Quote:

5 weeks and 6 days

thefatcontroller,
Quote:

5 weeks..2 days

Is that how long it is until my March holiday! 'spose the February one is closer
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
Mouth,
Quote:

5 weeks and 6 days

thefatcontroller,
Quote:

5 weeks..2 days

Is that how long it is until my March holiday! 'spose the February one is closer

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
ski holidays
8 CM on the Snofox cool mobile I used a very reliable measure for the purpose............. Toofy Grin
snow report
A tape measure!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

Its stopping now- hope for a good day tomorrow
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy