Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert La Plagne 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
redrunmarcus wrote:
... 60 cm of fresh powder ...

Meteo France reported that it was 80cm. But what's 20cm between friends? Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Amazing how you can go off people Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, Laughing Forecast seems to be coming into line for another reasonable snowfall on the weekend, then next week might be quite a snowy one. Looks like I might be aboard my fat skis when I go out on Tuesday Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been out on the Icelantic Nomads today some good soft snow to be had off the drag at the top off the stadium chair light snow all day stopped now but freezing here clear day forcast for tomorrow with snow on friday night we might go up to Tignes on friday......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mouth, very very awesome thought i'd died and gone to heaven yes been into Trppeurs a couple of times not the sme...going to see van next week hopefully
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
im getting excited now...........off to belle plagne on saturday morning.....save me some powder Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stedlocks, The best pwder is to be had above 2300 at the mo but more snow is forcast for tomorrow night and sat........of course I am going to Chambery on sat and Grenoble on sun!!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
redrunmarcus, the new restaurant looks fab we stopped for a quick coffee but plan to dine ther end Jan one night for dinner. They came up to us for dinner on NYE which was great fun. Rosario made the fois gras starter! Delicieux!

Yes looks like a snowy weekend for you...........
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
redrunmarcus, thanks for that...........have you got any more tips???

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow forcast for tonight to 1000 m and tomorrow to 800 m...........get the Icelantic Nomads out
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whhooohoo Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chambery this morning but out toi play this pm loads and loads of powder played around the runs near home and thru the trees went down to La Roche the Nomads really enjoyed themselves ...............................
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
redrunmarcus, Bois de Crozelin perhaps??
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus wrote:
On the glacier today 60 cm of fresh powder and only 1 unpisted run open......it was awesome..........

we did that run last tues as well.............when we went down the first time only 15or 18 folk had been down it. an hour later it was totally mogulified.
a fantastic day.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
redrunmarcus, come on get off yer fat boys and tell us the latest. I just hate it when this thread drops off the first page of the snow report section so we need an update!
ski holidays
Mouth, You can use this cam to check if he is in the l'Abrevoir, the snofox cool mobile will be parked outside by the blue sign on the tree!Laughing
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/Images/montalbert3.jpg
snow report
Mouth, boredsurfin, out today first lift no fatboys just the Scotts -first down from the 2nd chair took the red down to the village- corduroy all the way then into centre- up grande rochette into belle then - cold this am so needed a few stops toottled around pm miss the Vanoise very much!!!!!!!! started snowing at 3 still snowing 20cm forcast and tomorrow night but Friday looks like we will be swimming ..........................
snow report
GOOD DAY TODAY out first lift again got 1st tracks on both the right hand reds back to the village how lucky is that ...........Nomads working just fine then down to La Roche ...where is Bernards place ?Up the Grande Rochette down to Bellcote up the 8 man played the off piste down the right of the tow rope which has not been working for over a week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!no Vanoise no tow ???
Snow forcast for tonight and tomorrow morning and the rain for thurs night and fri is decreasing in quantity Laughing
snow report
redrunmarcus, Mouth will want the snow sorted for next weekend. Middle of Feb will do for me wink
Not sure exactly where Bernards place is - send him a pm Very Happy

Get the snoFox cool mobile parked by that tree at 4.31pm and I'll snatch the pic off the webcam!!
If the BMW is there tell the Mancunian lass to shift it, anybody would think she lived there Laughing
snow report
boredsurfin, I can see Tina Latham loving that ...I will try to and let you know
What an amazing day snowing like duck this morning and sunny spells pm it was another awsome day on the FAT ONES Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, Looked like a great afternoon from the webcam Very Happy
See how many of 'her' spaces you can take up with the cool van! wink
latest report
boredsurfin, coolvan to Chambery this morning skiied pm very cold dont know where this warm weather is coming from
snow report
redrunmarcus, That nasty Rob@rar has been posting some awesome pics of his skiing in Les arcs today it truly looks superb, amazing how you can go off people Toofy Grin particularly when it's 5 weeks until I'm back Twisted Evil
ski holidays
OK all the doom merchants were wrong NO RAIN today 2cm of fresh all the way down the valley overnight- melted back to the 800 snow level sun and douce tomorrow ....sun and nobody around with fantastic snow and my girlfriend is here ....does life get any better
snow report
redrunmarcus, Lucky lucky Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
redrunmarcus wrote:
OK all the doom merchants were wrong NO RAIN today 2cm of fresh all the way down the valley overnight- melted back to the 800 snow level sun and douce tomorrow ....sun and nobody around with fantastic snow and my girlfriend is here ....does life get any better

so not much skiing for you this weekend then? wink wink
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
redrunmarcus, That nasty Rob@rar has been posting some awesome pics of his skiing in Les arcs today it truly looks superb, amazing how you can go off people Toofy Grin particularly when it's 5 weeks until I'm back Twisted Evil

Laughing I'll have had another two trips before you get back Wink
ski holidays
rob@rar, right, thats you off my Christmas card list Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Out to Montchavin on Monday. Really quite excited.
ski holidays
fallliner, Never mind maybe one day you'll get to Montalbert Toofy Grin
latest report
Fairly sure bernards place around la roche chair lift- skied last week with him< I think < . superb week. Back home, no more snow for 12 months. La Plagne excellent. If Bernard who I think he is I tried to ski behind him a lot as improved my skiing greatly. Many thanks Bernard.
ski holidays
just back from Belle Plagne about an hour ago............. WOW!!!

without doubt the best place I have boarded.........bar none Very Happy

alright, the snow helped massively...........snow most of the night, then glorious sunshine all day bar the 2nd one.........a bit of snow, you see wink and a couple of bits of flat light here and there...........

spent every morning riding off piste powder. I WILL be going back to this resort

this is the last day off the 'ours' piste back into Bellecote.........missing it already rolling eyes

ive got plenty of pics if anyone is interested..........
snow report
Out today in the sun lunch @Verdons Sud excellent day .......down to Champagny village
Airports tomorrow
latest report
Hi everyone, hope to be over your way in a week or so, pity the VE is not working this season, but I still hope to see you guys after I leave Val Thorens. Has anyone done the NF of Bellcotte yet, I cannot believe I have not set foot on it yet this season.
snow report
snowcrazy, normally its not safe till later in the season. But that depends of snowpack etc....depends what entry point you take etc....
ski holidays
Hi Alex sorry to disagree (normally its not safe till later in the season). I have been doing the NF for years from December through to May, it just depends which route you take and how well you know it and understand the snowpack. It is always a dangerous mountain no matter what time of year. You always have to be careful off piste. For anyone reading this thread, if you do fancy the North face, I would advise you to take a guide if you do not know it well.
snow report
snowcrazy wrote:
Hi Alex sorry to disagree (normally its not safe till later in the season). I have been doing the NF for years from December through to May, it just depends which route you take and how well you know it and understand the snowpack. It is always a dangerous mountain no matter what time of year. You always have to be careful off piste. For anyone reading this thread, if you do fancy the North face, I would advise you to take a guide if you do not know it well.

Please Snowcrazy, that sounds so patronising. If you read my post I mention it depends on the variation you take. Yes you can do the NF early season by taking one of the lower entry points. But if you want to do the true NF and perhaps the Canadian entry then this is safer later on in the season, as are most steep slopes of 45degrees + (March onwards) normally. I've lived and worked in La Plagne and also know the route very well having probable been down at least 40 times i'd say. If anything my post is the conservative one. If you want to try the NF from the top in Jan then be my guest as not many of the local guides do until later.

Alex
ski holidays
Alex A, Do not want to sound patronising but I know quite a lot of the local guides as well and they are taking people down the NF already from the higher entry points and the petit face. This year we have great snow up high. People reading this post just need to know that places like the NF or the tour from Tigne/La Plagne/Les Arcs are possible any time of the season in the right conditions. I must have done the trip down Bellecote 40 times last season alone by different routes, not sure this season with the VE no working. For me it has been a great link, making it possible to do two trips a day to Bellcote when you wanted. Are you still working in La Plagne or are you up in Tignes. Whether in either do you fancy a ski/beer some time as I visit both places a lot during the season. Cheers.
snow report
OK lets get this back on track hopefully 10-15 cm of fresh over next 18 hours so fat ones should get an airing tomorrow- been very warm and sunny today
going over to Tignes on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, Don't forget the camera Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy