Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2007-2008

Poster: A snowHead
chris, long may it last, only 4 weeks to go now.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oh my! by the time i got up there all the tracks were full again! it was totally awesome! I am totally shattered. there were places where the snow was thigh deep.
Found some off piste i'd never done which was very nice indeed! They closed the aguillette before i could get there!
Still snowing, it is knee high on my drive.

Tomorrow is going to be unreal!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
excellent nice to see my base for 5 weeks time being topped up
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy and mine... for 3 weeks time Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mine for next week!

Can't believe how much has fallen today! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The cucamel yesterday, taken from the park with my super lens! Very Happy

and now the snow has stopped and the sky has cleared from my balcony we can see this.

l'aguilllette

The luc alphond and the village half way up

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowangel., Still snowing here - pix look great, hope you get to ride tomorrow. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, i've just arranged a babysitter cos she's still not well. poor thing she goes back to england on weds to see her dad. So i need to get her well.

I will definatley get 3 hours on the mountain tomorrow! phew Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oh my oh my oh my, some of mine lines to day were so good i nearly wet myself Laughing Laughing Laughing rolling eyes

I may have only had 2,5 hours up there but believe me we rode so hard i am totally knackered!
The pistes are just beautiful, soft and first thing very well pisted, it was total joy to ride them.
The off piste is amazing, it was like no one put tracks in it all yesterday. First under the prorel lift, first through various tree sections round the prorel lift.
Up bois de coqu drag, first lines in the off piste to the right of the left hand piste, back through trees, dropped down to bubble. Up to grand serre, some amazing lines down that face, straight into the gully to find it untracked and total heaven. With time running out there was one more lot of trees to do and then just offpiste (the new one i discovered yesterday) all the way down to where the car was parked, no ending on the luc for us!

totally amazing morning. I really do love this resort! snowHead Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A Bluebird day! Lots of people about though, so off the beaten track for us. We keep finding things we didn't realise are here. 2 photos of the wife doing her thang!....

She didn't attempt the drop. It would have been a different story had she had a demi or 3!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chris, it was a great up there wasn't it
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks great. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just started snowing a bit here. I took 1 photo yesterday didn't get a chance to get it uploaded will do so later.
Off to Turin today so no riding and tomorrow i have to go riding with work. So i will be paid to do 5 hours snowboarding. I really do love my job! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
7/02/08

well today i got to ride all day and got paid for it! It was, however a frustrating day of looking at lots of untracked powder but having to stay on piste!. I did manage a few bits of off piste (esp to finish the day) but to be honest with you the pistes are in such amazing condition it was a pleasure to ride them.

We rode from Villeneuve to monetier then on to chantemerle and briancon, we covered the whole area in our discover the domain session! (like i didn't already konw it!) I passes one pebble on piste! Slightly slushy down to the chair lift which brings you back up the prorel but otherwise really really lovely.

I did take some pics and promis to upload them laters.

Oh and the new lift was running today! Very Happy and my goggle tan has got worse!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

view from Cafe soliel on tuesday at 11, getting tracked out already

view from La Balme first thing this morning

Grand alpe at lunch

still some powder to ride if you look for it!
ski holidays
snowangel., Looks like you didn't have as much wind as us - lovely pix. Some of my guys went over yesterday and really liked it. Very Happy
ski holidays
That shot of Grande Alpe is making me drool....

52 hours left! Happy
ski holidays
well thats my holiday over with, back to work this morning Sad so i'll have to leave the mountain reports to others who will actually get there! I'm really not expecting to get much riding in this feb.
But i'm in chantemerle all week, outside for mon,tue, thurs and fri, inside on weds and in Monetier on Sunday. So come and find me if you need tickets! I'm only there in the mornings, finished by 2 normally.
When i do get up the mountain i'll get a snap or two for you i promise.
Have a great time everyone whose coming.
snowHead Very Happy
latest report
TallTone, where are you staying?
ski holidays
chris, I'll be in Villeneuve, at the Lodge Cimotel. I hear that it's basic accomodation but the food's good - sounds alright to me Wink
latest report
TallTone, we'll see you in the grott then, its right next door!

if anyone is unsure which lovely lady at the ticket office i am, i have a british flag at my post! Very Happy
ski holidays
TallTone, ok, I'll look out for you. snowHead No doubt I'll embarress myself, when I ask tall blokes if their name is Tone!
ski holidays
chris, He's so tall the chances of anyone else being him are slight! Laughing Laughing TallTone, Enjoy
latest report
easiski, I've seen the photo where he makes Frosty the Snowman look like he's Tom Cruise! Cool
latest report
chris, easiski, one major problem is gonna happen, there is a member of staff at the grott called Tom, who is about 6'7" LoL this could get ineteresting! I will be in the grott playing bass for sure on thurs apres ski! dont laugh at me! LOL
latest report
snowangel., You could have the Tom and Tony show then! Very Happy
snow conditions
When we met up with TallTone today, we asked him a question. "Do you fancy trying some off-piste?"
"No thanks, the conditions look a bit difficult"

This is a photo of him (with Mrs Chris) after we had taken him down a nasty off-piste mogul field.
The pistes are in fantastic conditions, though!
ski holidays
chris, Which one is TallTone Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, the one who didn't sleep with me last night! Laughing Laughing
latest report
chris, so zat would be ze wuan on ze right, non? wink
latest report
13/02/08 another beautiful day in Serre che. Made it up the mountain for an hour and a half after work today! What an hour and a half it was too! I wanted fresh trax and i knew where to get them, so off we went to the trees (briancon way) and as expected plenty of fresh to play in. The pistes i rode down were still in excellent condition. Despite no new snow the mountain is holding out very nicely!
I took a couple of pics, will post later Cool snowHead
snow report
snowangel., any idea what the forecast is for the next few days? Any more snow on the way?
snow conditions
jonm, as a lot of people know i'm a frim believer in moon cycles affecting the snow. so in following that beliefe it should snow before or on the full moon which is the 21st feb. So fingers crossed it happends and with lots of it!

otherwise the people to ask for a more logical forecast is brian and carled.
snow report
snowangel got back from serre che on sat9 fantasic week didnt get to grotte to see you play,but can confirm your reports best place i,ve been to and will def return,loads to do for all levels great people and stunning views ,your a lucky lady,will keep checking your snow and photo reports,the wife and teenage daughters also gave it thumbs up over canada know less ,keep up th good work. Smile
ski holidays
pjheystacky, glad you had a good time, infact you did pick possibly one of the best weeks to be here.
Next time we'll meet up for a wee drink!
snow report
15/02/08 went up today for quick 2 hour stint, i had to its my birthday! Managed to find some lovely untracked trees over villeneuve way and sessioned them for an hour.

Pistes are getting a bit hard now and a little icy in places, esp once the sun has gone, but the pistes are still all white with minimal stones to be found.
Getting busyier here now. That will be it for me for sure for 2 weeeks.
No photo's today, too busy riding!
Very Happy
snow report
snowangel., Happy Birthday, I hopes you've had a good one.
ski holidays
snowangel., Happy birthday.
snow conditions
Quote:

Pistes are getting a bit hard now and a little icy in places, esp once the sun has gone, but the pistes are still all white with minimal stones to be found.

Ooer, am arriving on Monday, don't like icy!

Quote:

Getting busyier here now. That will be it for me for sure for 2 weeeks.

Don't work too hard Smile
snow report
snowangel, Ski's, blades and mono all packed and we're on our way in a few hours so will be looking for you at the ticket kiosk or at La Grotte. Regards, Kneehigh and the family!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy