Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2007-2008

Poster: A snowHead
rizon,welcome to snowHead 's. A few cms today covered the pistes making for excellent conditions, apart from the very strong wind. You will love it. Where are you staying?,
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No sorry, I didnt see you playing at La Grotte,... we saw a few other guys play though, and we won lots of free shots and free poured alcohol for singing along,- and versus the 200 plus squaddies that were in resort!!!
I can recall stumbling back to my chalet on numerous occasions LOL!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boardstupid, sounds like a normaly grotte night. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back from first visit to Serre Che. Amazing snow and amazing weather for 3 fantastic days skiing! I have skied all the French mega resorts & have to say that Serre C is up there with them. Admittedly a few shortcomings with the lift system in terms of the odd bottleneck but the skiing is absolutely fantastic. Best bit is the length of the runs and the size of the vertical - open top to bottom for a whopping 1200 - 1300m vertical. Also, hardly any poling along or flat bits - just great overall!

Stayed in Briancon - very impressed by choice of eating & drinking places & particularly by the very picturesque walled old town. .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris -- we're staying at the Maison du Bez. Those few cm of fresh sounds very nice! Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict, If you think SC vertical is good, how about 2,278m next year??? Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rizon, Tina is really nice who runs it. you'll have a grat time!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rizon wrote:
Chris -- we're staying at the Maison du Bez. Those few cm of fresh sounds very nice! Happy

Is that the hotel or the apartments. we're staying in one of the self catering apartments which looks stunning. I think its the same place as the owner is Tina Isaksson who as Kim says seems really nice from my conversations with her when booking. I thought the hotel looked very nice on website - stylsih comfortable etc. look forward to a report -44 sleeps to go
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi guys, just booked today for Serre Chevalier for 16 Feb staying in Villeneuve. SC is one of our favourites. I'll be dusting off my bad boy monoski for some fun along with my Salamons that I bought there a few years ago. Good to know there's some good snow around and hope it stays good 'til we get there. We managed some end of season stuff at the beginning of April 2007 and looked at some properties as a final resting place but it was all a bit to expensive. Still we had fun taking our Norwegian Elkhound to proper snow for the fortnight. So if you see a short bloke on a mono in Feb say Hi! Enjoy, the Kneehighninja!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kneehighninja, hi there! If you come to the Ticket office in chantemerle weekdays, or the monetier ticket office on sunday, i'll get to see you, not expecting to get much more than work in for the french school holidays! But i do play a couple of songs on the bass with one of the apres ski bands that play in the Grotte, we play thursday. I tried a new song today and was total rubish at it, was shaking. Will stick to the 2 i know rolling eyes
so come and say hello!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
25/01/08
I finally made it up there again after just over a week with sick me, sick child and sever back ache i;ve only been out to party and not done any riding.
But today was just awesome! I really didn't expect to find any fresh powder to ride it a its not snowed for a while. But i did and have the photo proof for you too! While most of the obvious off piste is not worth bothering with as its windblown and crusty. But if you know where to look there is some great untouched snow waiting for you out there! We did various different lesser known trees and gullies. While our tracks weren't the first there it wasn't hard for 2 of us to find fresh trax of our own.

The pistes are just in amazing condition, i keep expecting them to be getting icy but even at 4 after the sun had well and truely gone they were still nice. Bit slushy at Serre Ratier and over Briancon side but still so so worth doing.

Here are some pici's for you

a snowangel Very Happy

stood in knee high pow for this one

Open powder trees Very Happy

my line through the trees Very Happy Very Happy

if you are coming to serre che, you really are in for a treat, totally wonderful day Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello all....
Enjoyed a great week in Serre Che from 13-20 Jan
Can highly recommend Cimotel. Rooms and decor a bit grim but great food for a cheapo Neilson package. Skied until we dropped and still put on weight!

Great conditions....on-piste almost like off-piste one day and feet of powder for the beginning of the week. Very impressed with the range of skiing. High altitude cruising and lots of great tree runs for when the weather gets bad. Was pleasantly surprised that even Villeneuve was pretty enough.

Compares very well with any resort I have been in. A few lifts could do with replacing....but it was quiet enough when we went, so not a real problem.

Finally....La Grotte is not to be missed. A weird only-in-a-ski-resort experience. quite possibly the worst ABBA tribute band on earth....so bad, it was strangely good.

Thanks for all the recommednations on here. It convinced us to go and I'm sure we'll be back some day
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gollancz, careful, a snowHead is in that Abba band! Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chris, yeh but they know they're not the perfect, its just a bit of fun, they're not being serious adn they dont take themselves seriously, and he did say they were so bad it was strangely good, so i think he'd be forgiven Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowangel it looks really fantastic, deep jealousy your'e there I'm not. Will try to catch you at La Grotte as we are hoping to meet a guy, Rick Lomas, that we chatted with last April. Regards, Kneehigh!
snow report
Kneehighninja, he is the infamous snowHead who is in ABBA! LOL Rick plays bass with my hubby on thurs night for the black and blues brothers it is a great night, but i'm normally stuck at home babysitting! T'other half is the drummer that night! Be good to meet you!
snow conditions
snowangel, looking forward to the whole experience. Just been checking all the gear and getting excited with all the family. My son's a demon snowblader so it will be a bit of a Flying Circus when we get out together. Still hope to find a property in Serre one day as it has all the right ingredients with its proximity to Italy, airports and other resorts. If we get a chance to drift by the Ticket Office I'll say Hi! Regards, Kneehigh!
ski holidays
Hmmm. Hopefully meeting up with Rick - he's our contact for an apartment we're renting end Feb!

La Grotte sounds good. In Chantemerle?

We'll make sure we're there thurs (28th Feb).
latest report
shockingmoment, la grotte is in Villeneuve. If you in Chantemerle you've the choice of La Bistro (very close to the app your renting) l'extreme bar (my fav) and the saloon (under the grand hotel)
See you in Feb
latest report
snowangel., Thanks for info.

Not sure where apt is relative to skishops so can you suggest a ski shop local? Daughter and friend will need skis and boots, plus our skis need wax / edge.

Thanks again
ski holidays
shockingmoment, go to Ski sport, just next to the Tourist office. Say you are with High Rock Chalet and they'll give you a discount.
For waxing etc, my other half does it. If you go to my website (below) you'll find an number for us give me a call and he can sort you out hopefully.

Now to business. Today on the mountain. Well after a pretty horrid day in 2 Alpes on sunday i wasn't too sure what to expect today. Icy patches, lots of stones but infact it was just another totally gorgeous and sunny day in serre che. I passed about 2 pebbles on piste, we got fresh lines in various different places, i slid 50m on my face after catching a front edge on a drag lift and then not being able to stop myself (that bit wasn't fun) But all in all it is still just amazing here. I really cant find fault with it at all, but i suppose if you dont like slush then the briancon side isn't that nice as its quite slushy by the afternoon. The luc Alphond was just in awesome condition having been used by the army for most of the day.

All in all a really unexpectedly good day! Very Happy

Pics will follow later once i've had a chance to upload them.
ski holidays
snowangel., does the army do a lot of training out there... i've noticed them coming up in conversation a fair bit.
snow conditions
shoogly, every jan they have the spead races there, then i think later in the year they have the terratorial races over in villenueve
snow conditions
lots of untracked off piste if you know where to look
that bit to the right is a bit more tracked now!

Busy here in serre che, as La dray shows, taken from Cafe soliel

my line, with t'other halfs just to the right of it, was possibly the best part of today as we coninued into the trees to find them totally untracked

all in all when you come to serre che you definately get that little bit Xtra

Very Happy snowHead
snow report
Less than 300 hours to go now! snowHead
latest report
snowangel.great pics enjoying the reports, out there on sat for a week hoping it wont be to busy staying in villeneuve ,what do you think,. Puzzled ,,
snow conditions
pjheystacky, next week will be the least busy of the next 5.

You'll have a great time!!! Pop into the Grott on thrus apres ski and laugh at my bad bass playing!
snow report
snowangel and fellow Serre Chevalians, save some for us! Can't wait. If we are rendezvousing in Le Grotte we need a big sign for Snowheads to gather under! Lets hope for some more snow to keep it going. Tracking round the front room with my boots and skis on is playing havoc with the carpet. It's even worse when I take my Norwegian Elkhounds for a walk! Mind you if we had snow they'd be as good as Huskies. Regards, Kneehigh.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel will try to get to the grott any chance off up to date snow report forecast heading off to gatwick this evening.regards
ski holidays
pjheystacky, snow due tonight. we are waiting for it!
See you in Serre che!
snow report
snowangel., very soon if this radar is anything to go by.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, still waiting, and its killing me rolling eyes have a big changeover tomorrow but have to get first lift if its snows! 2 hours of freshies is definately first on the list!
ski holidays
well it has snowed but seriously not much! 2cm if we're lucky! It is still snowing. Not sure if its worth it with all the cleaning i have to do? We will see
snow report
went up, so glad i did! great hour and a half! NO one on the mountain either was soooooo quiet

got some pics will upload later

about 6to 8cm up there
snow report
Super cold day today even when the sun was out. The few pistes i rode were very nice. I didn't ride much as i was taking pics of the snowboard slope style competition, in which my son came 3rd in his catagory and 9th overall (beating one of the seriously good local kids Very Happy )
I can quite honestly say i have never been so cold in my life.

Has tried to snow a few times this evening. Lots of cloud around that blew in this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing what will happen tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
4/02/08
at 7 this morning there was approx 2cm of snow, now it is snowing heavily probably about 4 or 5cm more. Ready to go up that mountain but little one has a touch of gastro, i'm being a bit naughty as she's goiing to school, they can call me if she's ill later! Embarassed I know its a bit n aughty but this is my last week of no work till march and i'm not missing a pow morning, not yet anyway! LOL
snow report
Sad after Winter's 4th visit to the loo, responsible parenting has taken over! I am not going up till after 11 now when a friend will sit for her as she cant go to school like this!

Still snowing heavily, should be fun even after 11!
ski holidays
Col du Lauteret is closed to traffic since Sunday due to the new snow. Check here before setting out over this pass

http://www.isere.equipement.gouv.fr/infostrafic/routes38.htm
ski holidays
davidof, great site, thanks, much more useful than the phone!
ski holidays
Fantastic 4 hours off-piste powder skiing in the trees this morning. Knee deep fresh and few takers, meant for a memorable time.Pic of me showing the depth of snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy