Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who's been skiing today?

Poster: A snowHead
Went to Hillend, Edinburgh today, misty and damp, good conditions for the dry slope. Schools racing on the main slope for the first hour we were there, some of these kids can motor! Shocked

After the first hour and a small refreshment we headed on up and ski'd the main slope for the last hour. Compared to two weeks ago, I actually began to ski a bit, rather than just get to the bottom in one piece - relief! Laughing

A few more visits and I'll have my ski legs back and be ready for Cervinia in December - only 6 weeks to go ..... Very Happy

AW
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I ski every day.....in my dreams Confused
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well done AW! And good to hear the name Hillend is still going strong, despite the silly new title for the place. It's a great ski venue, built by a progressive local authority in - from memory - about 1965.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes here but ended up doing more Apres Ski than expected !
http://www.deuithof.nl
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, 1964, it's the 40th anniversary this year, signs up all over the place! as you say good that's it's survived and even had added features with the jumps, etc.

AW
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton, I was in Maasvlakte yesterday but didn't ski Shocked However, I shall be skiing here today.
What's the snow like in that dome and are the lifts speedy?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alan Craggs wrote:
stanton, I was in Maasvlakte yesterday but didn't ski Shocked However, I shall be skiing here today.

"Best conditions to be found on the upper slopes" as another website often says.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FenlandSkier, well I did think that the off-piste at Castleford was far superior to that at Tamworth, and snowdomes seem to make most of their profits by making the ascent unbelievably slow compared with the desent, so my question was almost serious Razz
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alan,

you are right about the ascent at Tamworth - it is SO slow. Howeverwhere else to go in this country if you don't enjoy dry ski slope, which I don't. Picked up my skis yesterday from S & R after their annual service and hope to get a few days in at Tamworth before hitting the slopes in Wengen/murren over Christmas. Less than 8 weeks to go. I'm impatient to begin checking snow reports. How sad is that! Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

White Very Happy
ITs good enough for sliding on . plenty of jumps etc if your into that .
The other massive slope here is in the south at Landgraaf and also another nearby The Hague in Zoetermeer
http://www.snowworld.nl
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another 2 hours on the local dry slope this evening, my knees are aching Crying or Very sad , it better be worth it when i get on the real stuff!

AW
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Im off to Castleford Friday Afternoon for 2 Hours for the price of one - need a whitelines discount card though. Need to make sure my boots fit right.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You guys are so lucky having snow domes and dry ski slopes over there... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, last night was our first time on skis since france Toofy Grin

sure, dry slopes aren't the same as snow - but we had a great time and got to remind ourselves of the basics.

A bit more focus on technique next week (I must be a sucker for being shouted at!!)

D
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
lbt, What, you objected to me shouting at you?? I thought i was being quite nice actually Laughing Laughing
snow report
Nah, you're soft NehNeh - I'm just anticipating Benny next week Twisted Evil

David
ski holidays
Baaahhh, i'll give you "soft", just you wait...
Laughing
snow conditions
Back at Hillend today for a couple of hours.

Lots of 'younger people' were having fun competing on the jumps and a parallel slalom Very Happy .

Don't think I've got the knees for the 'air' Puzzled .

AW
ski holidays
AlpineWalker, it was SUDS!!! I was there!
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, didn't see you .... why weren't you wearing a big Snowheads sign on your hat?? Wink I wasn't either of course! rolling eyes

Some of the jumps I saw from the chairlift were amazing, saw someone do a back flip Shocked don't know if they spotted it though?

AW
snow conditions
Brian T,
Quote:

I'm impatient to begin checking snow reports. How sad is that!

Not at all sad.....it's what we're all at! Those of you who are enjoying dry slopes at this time are the envy of all skiers who are patiently waiting for snow to fall.
Our nearest (5hrs?!) dome closed last year. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Well it wasn't today, but on Halloween, Oct 31, I skied at Mt Baker. The lifts weren't running but we hiked and skied in a foot of powder. Snow cover wasn't great everywhere but there was about 2 feet on top. It was a lot of work since I don't have the right gear but was definately worthwhile. The past week has been warmer and brought rain to the mountains here.
It felt great to be on skis again. My last skiing was in mid-July down at Timberline on Mt Hood, Oregon. We can't wait for the snow to come back so the lifts can start up. Hoping for sometime in the next two weeks.
ski holidays
AlpineWalker, That was the captain of Strath uni Snow sports club thingey! He won the big air thing - i'll try and find a pic!
latest report
Chris Brookes,

Quote:

You guys are so lucky having snow domes and dry ski slopes over there...

- Don't give them ideas! They'll be wasting more of the taxpayers' money on a land reclamation/snowdome project.

(Come to think of it, it'd be a lot better investment than upside-down boats and steam clocks!)
snow conditions
ahh here u go

http://www.sportsunion.strath.ac.uk/snowsports/images/randomPhotos/suds_backflip.jpg
latest report
Nade,...........did he/she spot the landing?? it's looking like a big thud Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, that's what I saw! Cool AW
snow report
Dan, He won the competition with that one! It was first class! Looking forward to BUDS this weekend - will you be there AlpineWalker, ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee, what's BUDS? plan to be back down on Saturday afternoon, will probably be there for the next few weekends. AW
snow conditions
AlpineWalker, British University Dryslope thing! Same as last week but much bigger- and with a huge night out afterwards! Worth watching!
ski holidays
Back on Topic: ME

Just back from the sunny slopes of Pas De La Cas'. My first visit actually, got some new boots from Ellis Brigham and thought I'd give it a whirl.

Quite impressed, but I don't think I'd fancy a couple of hours there. Have to dash, I'm off to see a band in a couple of hours and need to soak up some apres first snowHead
latest report
Just spent 2 hours at Castleford Xscape all going well until a fire alarm cause evacuation of the building. Stood out side for 20 minutes while an incident was dealt with at Burger King, They were fair and gave everyone an extra half hour on the snow, messed up the lessons schedule though. It all happened again as I was leaving luckily got out with my skis and boots even though security was telling everyone to leave everything.

It was interesting to note there was actually a telemark skier on the slope, only ever see it done once before in Courchevel - it looks like a lot of effort and even more stress on the knees. Ill give that a miss Confused
ski holidays
Russell, there are a few telemarkers hereabouts - looks different to me and sort of graceful...
latest report
Im sure if I did it there would be no grace involved except from a few graceful falls
snow report
Russell, how often are you there, and what sorts of times do you go.
snow conditions
Russell, Give telemarking a try ! It IS hard work, but not on the knees at all. Nothing lets you find the limits of your balance like a tele binding !
ski holidays
marc gledhill, I'm at Castleford once a fortnight usually on a Thursday afternoon because I can get 2 hours for £16.00 with Whitelines magazine discount.

ski, Maybe one day I'll do a telemark lesson in resort no promises though
snow report
Russell, If you want to, drop me a line the next time you're going and I'll try to get there.

Cheers

Marc
latest report
To get nback to this thread - I'm going skiing now - well as soon as I've packed the 'puter away.....
snow report
marc gledhill, Happy too Ill post it so everyone can caome if their close
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy