Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES snow report winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
75.1 mph on Trolles.

I like ice. Twisted Evil

Few photos that I took yesterday.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So who is around in Tignes this week?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
arriving on the 2nd of march whats the snow like at the moment guys
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pistes holding up well, given the number of punters & sunny weather. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kenzie, hi do you fancy meeting for a beer one evening. I am in the Alpaka most nights. Where are you based.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowcrazy,

I'm also in the Alpaka most nights if you are about.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
have we got any info on if more fresh snow is due. as i say am due out on 2nd and i would mind if it snowed all week. the beginners in my group would be interesting to watch. but a week of powder sounds good to me. i know everyone wants this but if kenzie, stewart and co have any bargining tools with the big man up there let me know.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice morning Blush not as many clouds as forecast so it dosen't look like any snow today Sad

Still it's great for the suntan and all the families on holiday Blush

The pistes are still great and the queues not too bad Smile It's always quick in the ski school lines wink Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward, cloudy here - you'll probably get it later on. Doesn't look snowy though. Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Has anyone been down the road to St. Foy recently? Hows the snow holding up there?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Clouded over this pm, so I gave it up for the day, and am concentrating on getting some copy to the Mountain Echo.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowcrazy wrote:
Kenzie, hi do you fancy meeting for a beer one evening. I am in the Alpaka most nights. Where are you based.

Will pop into Alpaka tonight to watch Twos Company. Will be in Jam hoodie!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well it's the end of the main half term holidays today and we have had nearly 3 weeks of great conditions and excellent pistes Blush Blush
Could not have wished for better weather. Lots of happy kids and even happier parents Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel

Manged to ski quiet a few bumps & off piste in the last few days throughout the Espace Killy and whilst you have to avoid a few rocks in the bumps the off piste was great. Just because you cannot get fresh tracks dosen't mean the offpiste is not worth skiing wink

The slopes will no doubt be much quieter next week so looking forward to a more relaxing week and hopefully a few snowflakes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another sunny, warm day - great April ski conditions. Just a bit unexpected in February!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Kenzie, how is the on-piste holding up? (40 days to go Sad )
latest report
10C at the top of the Grande Mott on Saturday afternoon. Brilliant week, snow conditions not bad but more is needed very soon. Face de Belvarde was great last Tuesday but a bit icy Saturday morning. Vallon de la Sache was well tracked but the snow was fine, inc. on the 3 walls.

We were able to ski right down to Brevieres and La Fornet with no problems. On piste on south facing slopes is hard in the morning softening PM, but north facing slopes remained in pretty good condition. Trolles was very nice early last week - didn't ski it later in the week but it looked a bit icy from the lift.
snow report
Slight covering of new SNOW in the village this morning, hopefully more higher up Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel

Looks like a little more snow later in the week Puzzled

Managed to ski around the Palfour area yesterday, instead of just the nursery slopes, and the pistes were excellent Blush Looking to venture a little further afield today, not sure if i can cope without bright sunshine wink

As i mentioned on another thread i skied fresh POWDER last Sunday with a friend Blush It entailed a little walk, 2hrs on skins, and then a scramble over some rocks on the ridge before we manged fresh tracks in great snow Laughing NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh

Also had a skinning trip on saturday when we saw some Chamoix and other wildlife.
snow report
Nick L wrote:
Hi Kenzie, how is the on-piste holding up? (40 days to go Sad )

Pistes still in good condition at the moment.
snow report
Hi guys,
i am coming over with a group next week, my son is a complete beginner i am taking him to miton keynes this sat for a lesson, however im sure i have heard there are nursery slopes with free lifts is this true?? if so how do i get to these from la vachet, this is our first time to tignes and getting excited now only 6 days to go!!!!!
thanks chris
ski holidays
romeowner, there's two free lifts in Le Lac / Lavachet which cover a reasonable area for a compelete beginner, 1 chair and 1 drag - you'll probably find them by following your nose their not that far away from anywhere in Lavachet! The chair starts near the bottom of the big Aeroski gondola and the drag in Lavache. Also look out for stewart woodward, with some beginners on them - his favourtie stomping ground Very Happy
snow conditions
romeowner, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
Thanks for the quick replies guys Very Happy
dont mean to sound dull but how do i know they are free??????
ski holidays
the free lifts are makred as such on the lift map
snow conditions
romeowner wrote:

dont mean to sound dull but how do i know they are free??????

1. It say's so on the website Blush
2. There are no electronic turnstiles to go through wink Although there are lift attendants.

Also other free lifts in the center of Le Lac & Val Claret.

If your son is going to ski school the school will tell you when to buy a pass for him. Normally it's Wednesday/thursday depending on the groups progress.

The Poma lift in Le Lavachet is easier than the chair lift in Le Lac (Rosset)
snow report
nbt thanks for that mate,
can you buy half day passes thinking of doing half a day on the free lift on the first day then having a little explore Very Happy , any advice on some nice gentle pistes for beginners??
thanks again guys, also is the supermarket any good in la vachet as we are self catering???
snow report
thanks stewart smart *** Smile
we are snowboarding so i think the chair will be easier??
ski holidays
[quote="romeowner"]nbt thanks for that mate,
Quote:
can you buy half day passes thinking of doing half a day on the free lift on the first day then having a little explore Very Happy , any advice on some nice gentle pistes for beginners??

Half day passes are available.
Begineers do not normally go 'Up the mountain' untill the third day. The Free slopes will offer enough challenges wink
Otherwise try Palafour in Le Lac it's a blue but steep in places

Quote:
also is the supermarket any good in la vachet as we are self catering???

Supermarket ok also larger one in Le Lac
latest report
Cheers stewart Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yeay im there on sunday. hoping you have asked for a nice big dump for me stewart. can't remember what time lee opens prcision in the morning. but will i have time to get the beginner fitted paid for lessons and ready by the time they start mate. thinking also i might get her to get a local pass so we can get her around albeit slowly.
snow report
Lee not at Precision any more. I've just asked Si what time they open, and he says 8.30am.
latest report
cool. wheres lee now then? oh well there goes me trying to blag discount from him. cool so will have to get there early to then get her fitted and over to the esf to pay before 9
snow report
benpudney, A Guy called Bruno runs it now, usually shows up bang on 8.25 and is open 8.30 sharp, if you are there for opening you will be at ESF for 9 easily.

If only I hadn't lost my job there after 3 days Sad Evil or Very Mad

As for snow, Well today it was (dare I say...) raining? Not so much rain, just a very fine, very wet mist. Hopefully was more like snow higher up, but my unbelievably injured foot leaves me stuck in the house!

romeowner, even if you are boarding, it may be best to brave up and risk the poma, as the queue is usually non existant, at worst its a small queue. The rosset chair is painfully slow, and the slope isn't really worth the lift (often see beginner boarders unclipping and walking back up!)
snow conditions
The chair can be fine in Lac.

When I was teaching my friend earlier in the season we found the lavachet poma painfully slow and the slope not that challenging. The Lac slope is more interesting and the chair is a much nicer lift to learn from as you can have a conversation on it!
ski holidays
Snowing really hard right now. Just looked out my window and got a big surprise! Wasn't forecast alot so this is good news. Very Happy
snow report
Spikyhedgehog,

Snow forecast for most of today & more during the week Little Angel

Just been to the Patiessierie (i am working today) and we have about 1cm and snowing hard, although a little windy. The temperature is forecast to rise later today and then fall dramatically monday with a return to winter Puzzled Can we have the sunshine back please wink

Spikyhedgehog, Do you realise it is 7.51 AM not PM Puzzled Should you not still be asleep Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
stewart woodward, the weather has been insane today, admittedly was still in bed when it was snowing, but getting the disgusting fine wet mist again now! I do hope it doesn't last!

Also, I presume john hadn't even gone to bed at that point, because he only just woke up now... rolling eyes
ski holidays
george_1,

Get out of bed & go skiing anywhere above 2100m.

Yesterday morning i skied down to Les Brevieres and whilst the pistes were still good the falling snow was more like sleet Sad The Palafour area was powder Blush

In the afternoon i skied down Pist H into Val Claret & then took the funicular up Grand Motte(First time on the Funi since early december). It was windy at the top but lots of lovely new snow all the way down Double M Blush Blush

This morning its clear & sunny so looking forward to some great skiing once again Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
stewart woodward, I wish I could get out skiing! As soon as my foot recovers properly I'll be out in a flash!
ski holidays
Don't get your hopes up, but started snowing at apres.
snow report
Started snowing at apres, then stopped.

but now its snowing at a nice steady pace, and looks like it will keep it up through the night, not exactly going to be a powder day tomorrow, but all those lucky uninjured people will have the pistes topped up nicely and will just add to the pleasure of skiing in the sun for the rest of the week!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy