Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Snow Report 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
pam w, we got delayed on Saturday not because of bad weather in Salzburg, but bad weather in Manchester. Delayed 7 hours in a very overcrowded airport, eating dried up sandwiches that BA had kindly paid for!!! But I guess that was better than flying into a storm!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spent 12 Hours in Innsbruck on the way home once! Actually felt sorry for the people who where going to be delayed coming out they lost a day skiing Crying or Very sad Great flightpath into Innsbruck though makes for a great start to a ski movie!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been snowing down to village level in mayrhofen for the last 24 hours and still going, visibility is obviously not so good but skiing is superb.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ollski wrote:
Been snowing down to village level in mayrhofen for the last 24 hours and still going, visibility is obviously not so good but skiing is superb.

Thx - you've made my day. Will be there on Saturday.

Keep snowing!!! Enjoy the pow Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ollski wrote:

That's made my day too, just what I wanted to hear.

Cheers snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Does this mean I can pack my snorkel & Fat skis for sat week Puzzled Remember there is no such things as friends and family on a powder day Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've had a good dump of snow over the last day or so in Zell am See, snow is excellent and it's really cold again! Skiied some light powder this morning, touching the bottom on the piste but there was still enough to remind me that the winter's not over yet!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
has anyone been to st johann?
im going out there on saturday
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nigel b, I've been before (2006) were you looking for a more recent visit?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski-finder
i was hoping someone might of been out there lately
what did you find of the area?
i see there is 3 different lift passes and quite a big area
anywhere that we need to go thats worth a visit?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nigel b, I thought as much but i'll give you my 2 pence worth. Gorgeous little Austrian town. We got the local ski pass as we were only there for 4 days but there was still plenty of skiing to be had. Kitz is on a different pass but its only a short bus ride/taxi away. Try Bunny's Aussie Bar on the main street too, especially on a Karaoke night Smile

Webcam, pistemap and snow forecasts here... http://www.ski-finder.co.uk/resort/St-Johann-in-Tirol/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kaprun saw 50cm of fresh last night.

http://www.bergfex.com/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/schneebericht/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had a fantastic day at zauchansee, snowing hard all day, cold and probably 30+ cms of dreamy powder. Skiing untracked most the day, mainly ski treeing. Zauch gets better and better the more I ski it.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB wrote:
Kaprun saw 50cm of fresh last night.

http://www.bergfex.com/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/schneebericht/

50cm, dont think so - 10cm maybe. true they have had moderate snowfalls here yesterday, last night and today but realistically its only going to amount to a dusting and the traffic on zell today was crazy, i dont know where they all suddenly came from. didnt go to kaprun today, went to kitzeinhorn and the cover there is very good. its a pity vis was so poor but im not going to complain about the snow. just looked outside and the sky is clear so i suspect the predictions for a sunny thursday will be accurate - good for us because we're off to saalbach.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Puzzled That's strange because multiple sources are saying they have 50cm new snow.

http://www.kitzsteinhorn.at/aktuell/wetter.htm

http://www.tiscover.at/at/guide/67586at,de/objectId,SPF450298at/home.html

Sometimes one report is wrong where someone has made a typo but for them all to be wrong is unsual. Is it possible they are quoting new snow over more than one day? Is 278cm total base realistic?
ski holidays
Well I skied zauchansee today, not a million miles away and I'd guess 30cms+ in last 48hours
snow report
Hi All

check this webcam site out, yesterday I was looking at green field at kitz, guess what happened

http://www.webcamgalore.com/EN/Austria/Kitzbuhel/webcams-0.html

The Mongoose
ski holidays
suspect Bipolar Bear was taking about Kaprun town whereas I was referring to the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier.
snow conditions
Bipolar Bear, Kaprun village didn't have 50 cm but the Kitzsteinhorn definitely had 50cm, maybe more! Glorious day today, very sunny but cold and all that fresh stuff!

nigel b, Are you going to St Johann in Tirol or im Pongau? Two different ski resorts....
snow conditions
nice
St Johann in Tirol
looks like the snow cannons were doing overtime today Very Happy
ski holidays
Thursday morning....one of mayrhofen from bedroom window and the others are from the top of the finkenberg gondola or riding up it.

snow report
off to soll on 22 march . anyone there or going in the next week ? hows the snow? my mate was there 3 weeks ago and said the run back to the resort were getting a bit thin . Crying or Very sad think theres been more snow in the last week snowHead
latest report
ollski, I hate you Twisted Evil Razz
latest report
sorry markus , just to cheer you up a bit i;ve booked to go to soll 3 times over the last few years including last month but never made it Crying or Very sad so fingers crossed eh
snow report
sorry markus , i did;nt see the ollski at the start of your post . i thought you were talking about me Embarassed
snow report
tim000, if its any consolation, i hate you too! wink Very Happy

A little tip, if, like me, you havent been skiing once in a season, and you're not going to, dont come on Snowheads. It really hurts Sad NehNeh

Hope you have a great week Very Happy wink
snow report
not there yet Shocked
ski holidays
just got back from soll
raining even on the upper slopes
most of the pistes seem really slushy
the lower runs are very bare,ill post up a few pics when i get back on sunday

had a good day yesterday in powder doing tree runs in st johann

day before we was in kitchbul and that was pretty good,again the lower runs are bad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tim sorry to burst your bubble but now a seasonaire out in Soll and says it is raining there again today Sad Hope it picks up for you
snow conditions
was raining at viallge level in St. anton today, snow level around 1800m, currently (18:20 local) snowing down to village level. Seems to be setting a bit too.

Tomorrow a bit more, then a bit more foracest for sat.
snow conditions
Spent a few days on small ski resorts near Vienna. Sunshine, spring conditions, but it snowed a lot yesterday.
Stuhleck, Gemaidenalpe, Niederalp, Mariazell - these small resorts are one-hour-drive from Vienna.

snow conditions
just checked the web cams for sol . looks like theres been some snow overnight Little Angel metcheck and snowforcast both say mild with rain this weekend Crying or Very sad . then cold with some snow begining of next week Very Happy dont think there that good at forecasting that far in advance though . Confused `
ski holidays
A group of us are also off to Soll over Easter weekend.. we're all praying very hard for some snow next week.
Having said that, went as a second trip last year and the snow wasn't great at all. We still had a ball... slushy skiing, frugals and the nail game.. whats not to love!
latest report
In Zell am See this week, went to Saalbach today where there was light snow all day (a few centimetres) and maybe about 10cm last night. Conditions great, although a little slushy lower down. To get mild again tomorrow.
snow conditions
was in kitchbul today and it snowed all day
plenty of tree runs to do

local weather forecast for saturday said 8 degrees
latest report
WALSHIE , if you see a tall bloke on a board falling over alot and a short bloke on skis going realy fast thats me and my mate . Blush by the way i;ll be on the board. flying from manchester at 06.20 Shocked
latest report
Im off to kitzbuhel in the early hours of tommorrow morning, also on that 6 30 flight out of manchester!

Any more news of the snow there? Or have we got the rain thats been predicted again?

Cheers
ski holidays
im just back from hinterglemm and conditions were positively grim..
latest report
CANV CANVINGTON, you can't just leave it at that!!!!
snow report
Off to the Zillertal tomorrow will drop a line on Sun/Mon to let you all know how the pow is
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy