Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Snow Report 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
Yesterday's pictures Very Happy
Salzburgland 1

Salzburgland 2

This place is about one hour from Vienna
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dingdong, Skiwelt normally only opens at weekends before official opening day as far as I know.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skiingfool, Thanks, Yep, looks like that alright.. Schladming looks open during the week so I think we'll be heading there...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some good pics of recent snow in St Anton

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.asp?intStoryID=5138

dingdong -off to schladming this weekend - i'll post a report early next week but looking good from the desk right now. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
waynos, Excellent, thanks. Have a great time! Quick question for you. We were going to leave finding accommodation until we arrived, do you think we'd be safe enough this time of year?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dingdong wrote:
waynos, Excellent, thanks. Have a great time! Quick question for you. We were going to leave finding accommodation until we arrived, do you think we'd be safe enough this time of year?

Should be fine leaving it late, for this trip we've used http://schladming-appartment.at/english_index.html who seem very professional.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waynos, Thanks very much.. This will come in handy..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
going to Bad Gastein nxt weekend. .. anyone know for sure which ski areas in the gastein valley are going to be fully operational by then ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Speedster wrote:
going to Bad Gastein nxt weekend. .. anyone know for sure which ski areas in the gastein valley are going to be fully operational by then ?

Looking at the list only Sport gastein will have some lifts open.

I haven't heard any which will be fully operational . In our area the gondola and chair are going to open next weekend, and the ski area behind us will have 3 lifts open, They are also open this weekend. But i don't think all the lifts will be open until the start of the season proper on the 30th November.

Hope that helps.

Nigel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are quite a few lifts opening this weekend in Obertauern if that's any use!

Following lifts will be open at the 16th of November 2007:

Grünwaldkopf 4-chair lift
Panorama 4-chair lift
Hochalm 4-chair lift
Seekarspitz 4-chair lift
Kringsalm 6-chair lift
Gamsleiten 1 6-chair lift
Zehnerkar eighth-cable car
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Speedster, like djfletcher says, Sport Gastein opens 17/18 Nov and 24/25 Nov before all the valley opens on the 1st Dec. Usually only Sport Gastein opens early but according to www.skigastein.com, Dorfgastein will also be open 24/25 Nov. Sport Gastein has 250cm on the top at the moment!! snowHead snowHead

To be honest, if they're going to open up Sport Gastein at the top of the valley and Dorfgastein at the bottom, I don't know why they don't open the rest ... maybe they will. snowHead

PM me if you have any questions about Bad Gastein.

Cheers
K
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
djfletcher, Hi, Just looking at your webcam again and now it is dark outside there seems to be a reflection of the inside of your house . I can see you walking around etc. inside. i think its only there when you have the lights on in the room where the camera is. Its a great webcam and i am thinking of setting one up in Zell am See.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Byron Gates wrote:
djfletcher, Hi, Just looking at your webcam again and now it is dark outside there seems to be a reflection of the inside of your house . I can see you walking around etc. inside. i think its only there when you have the lights on in the room where the camera is. Its a great webcam and i am thinking of setting one up in Zell am See.

Yes you can see me- it was just me turning the webcam off!!! It is a bit dangerous since it is in our bedroom.!! Thats why i have the sound turned off!!! Shocked

By the way Bryon if you ever want to come up to our area sking give us a shout and we could meet up . If you come form maria Alm we could meet round about Dieten.

If any other snowheads come to this area it would be great to meet up especially since my wife can't ski much because she is pregnant!! Very Happy

Nigel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
djfletcher, the other half and I will be in Dienten from Jan 18th to 22nd if you fancy some sliding around on any of those days. Will be skiing from Saturday 19th to Tuesday 22nd then back to Salzburg for about 5.30pm for the late flight back to Manchester.

Let me know if you want to join us for a day!

D
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
djfletcher, Just booked flights to Salzburg for the 23rd Nov returning on the 25th, dunno where I'm staying or how I'm getting to resort yet, but I'm sure If I'm in your neck of the woods, I'll look you up!
latest report
djfletcher, i'm planning a day in the Hochkonig area in Feb - it would be great to meet up. I'll send you a message nearer the time.

Thanks.

PS - congratualtions by the way!
latest report
Joydivision - just tried to pm you, our lifts are open that weekend, contact us if you're interested in having a room here.

Nigel
snow report
Off to Kaprun / Kitzenhorn and Zell am See tomorrow back late on Sunday. Looking to carve up some Pow Wow. Part of Zell is open. Weather also looks like it is going to clear up for some Blue Sky Powder days.
ski holidays
Anybody know how much snow Obertauern picked up in the last storm?
latest report
j, at the moment 120/180cm.
snow report
I don't like the look of the forecasts for next week especially the one from serfaus as it mentions a Chinook-like wind. anyone know how long the warm spell is due to last?
latest report
j, check out http://www.obertauern.com/ and click on the English/winter link, the webcams are showing skiers on the runs now, snow depth 130/190
snow report
djfletcher, Sorry, no PM recieved. I drop you a PM when I know my requirements. My sister has called today and said that her and her fella may also be interested in coming, so I'm waiting onm them at the moment.

Whats all this about these warm winds? all this snow can't melt in the next week or so!.....Can it??? Shocked
ski holidays
Hi ,

Thanks for your responses.

Deliaskis and Kersh it would be lovely to ski with you , so thank you for the offer.If you can give me a ring or send me an e-mail nearer the time and then we can arrange to meet up.

joydivision just lets us know whats happening and we will try and help you as much as we can.

Nigel
latest report
Thanks for the info. It looks great. I'm currently basking in the Arizona sun so all this looks very appealing. I'll be there in 3 weeks so I hope all the snow doesn't melt.
Did anybody ski Austria this weekend?
snow conditions
j, I did, in Tauplitz.

Here's a photo - I was having fun... Toofy Grin

http://lh6.google.com/matt.dreier/R0DRX_y6lnI/AAAAAAAAAvg/50UCeuJ9_2Q/IMG_0041.jpg?imgmax=512
latest report
The forecast looks much warmer this week with rain. I fear this could melt the 30 cms or so that some resorts have in he valley Sad
ski holidays
Hi,

I went sking in Austria this weekend.

The last few days have seen temp below freezing all day and down to -7oC at night. The day temp are about -2oC. Went skiing for the first time with my boys to Flachau ( unfortunately my wife can't ski because she is pregnant!!). The conditions were perfect. There was only one lift open in our resort, but next week -end there willl be 6 lifts open so we will ski here then.

My only worry is the warm weather forecast for the middle of this week!!, but then it is meant to get colder again form Sunday onwards. Hopefully it be as warm as they think. The air is very cold here at the moment.

Here is the snow depth:-

altitude Valley Middle Summit
above sealevel 920 m 1500 m 1921 m
Snowdepth Trail 80 cm 110 cm 150 cm
Snowdepth Terrain 80 cm 110 cm 150 cm
Last snowfall 16.11.2007
Slope Condition bare

www.hochkoenig.at

Snow Report last update: 19.11.2007 um 8:28

Nigel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
djfletcher, joydivision, is 'down a crevasse' and so will not be able to access the PM system until they update their contact details in their profile.
snow conditions
What do the weather experts think the likely hood of rains is in the Tirol/Salzburg region from Thursday to Monday?
Methcheck and weather.co.uk are saying the temps are rising and there may be rain. Sad
snow report
Looks better now dingdong, Tirol to miss the rain but then get some more snow over the weekend - take a look at snow-forecast.com which is free access today and tomorrow as they've had IT issues, that's forecasting minimal rain then another foot of snow for Soll.
snow report
red 27, Thanks.. sounds promising!
ski holidays
this is for top of schladming

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/steiermark/schladmingplanai

weekend looks good.
snow report
Temperature inversions have occured in many Austrian places.
For example, the city of Salzburg is below zero, but in the mountains nearby it is +6C and sunny.

Do not worry, 1,5-2m deep snow does not melt that quickly.
A little bit of melting does some good. It creates a good base before the snow falls predicted for the week-end and next week.
snow report
kerekip, Cool... We're heading over tomorrow and are hoping to get a couple of days in. Was just a bit worried there would be a downpour.
latest report
dingdong, it will be mosty sunny, no real chance for heavy rain.
The snow line at the moment is quite high, about at 3000m. By Friday it goes down to 1200m in Tyrol and Vorarlberg, and 1600-2100m elsewhere.
ski holidays
Any updates on Austria seems to have gone a bit quiet Puzzled Come on get posting for all us unlucky people sat at home watchin eurosport an dreamin!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 25-11-07 19:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Looks from the weather reports it's been snowing today and getting colder over the next few days with more snow. Like joshua says any on the ground updates welcomed.
snow report
Zell am See... still 1 ft of snow in my garden at 1,000 m. Went up the Kitzsteinehorn on Thursday. great snow for skiing but v.windy. They had to close the lifts for one hour. raining in Zell when I left this morning.
snow conditions
It looks like 5 - 20cm of freshies across much of the West Austrian Alps overnight, down to around 600m.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy