Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Snow Report 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
Timmaah, I think he'll find a long queue at the hat buffet.... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hywel, I tried to put that pic on here, can't work out how to upload the actual picture. Kersh, Must look good from the inside out!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There has been HUGE snow in parts of Western Austria these past few days.

Lech had 55cm in 24 hrs on Fri.

Several passes between Lech, Warth, Zuers and Stuben are closed.

This is a once-in-a-decade, if not once-in-a-generation, snowstorm for the Alps.

I am struggling to remember this much snow, this low down, in early Nov.

All those crank forecasts about an above-average Winter are, so far, proving correct.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What do mean by crank forecasts? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

We know have about 50cm of snow and it is still snowing!!!

Still quite a lot on the radar although it has forecast to turn to sleet for a while tomorrow but it might not because the snow depth may keep the temp colder.

We will have to see- it has forecast sleet or rain before and then it has remained snow.

At the moment the long range forecast is for snow for the next week!!and day time temp down to -2oC I will have to wait to see if this willl happen!!

Here are a few pictures taken this morning:-

There must be over 1 metre at the top of the mountain. Our skiing opens next week-end-can't wait!!

Nigel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent pics! I'm out next weekend to schladming - trip wasn't intended as a skiing one but I think I'll mange to find the time given the current conditions and forecast.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sharon1953 wrote:
Hywel, I tried to put that pic on here, can't work out how to upload the actual picture. Kersh, Must look good from the inside out!!

If you've got the web address (URL) of the picture then you can embed it with the forum's inbuilt 'img' tags.
Code:
[img]http://www.luerzer.at/webcam/alm/alm.jpg[/img]

Will give you

but that picture is a bit big for the page so we can shrink it by altering the first img tag by including the size we want it to be. The image is 640x480 and I reckon half size will do so if i force it to be 320x240 then

Code:
[img=320,240]http://www.luerzer.at/webcam/alm/alm.jpg[/img]

will give us

but that's now a bit too small, however we can make the small picture a link to the bigger one. For example, in Hywel's post he used the word 'this' as a link to the picture, we're all cocky now we know how to use pictures so we can go one better and use a small picture as a link to the full size one Very Happy

Code:
[url=http://www.luerzer.at/webcam/alm/alm.jpg][img=320,240]http://www.luerzer.at/webcam/alm/alm.jpg[/img][/url]

gives us

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
djfletcher, WOW!!! Shocked Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Check out the pictures here Shocked Shocked

Absolutely incredible!!!

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only today Austria had on avarage 50-70cm fresh snow.
96cm, as the highest so far, was reported from Vorarlberg.
Snow arrived with high winds.

Lech and Zurs can not be accessed by cars. An avalanche closed the road to the villages.

And it is not over, another 40cm is predicted for Sunday.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
djfletcher, nice photos I wish to be there.......
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
djfletcher, oh you lucky lucky ...!!!! I'm green with envy Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FenlandSkier, thanks, I've copied that code for next time but where are the
"forum's inbuilt 'img' tags" ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sharon1953, click the button and you get the options at the top of the box. Click 'Img' and it will insert the opening img tag, add the URL and then click the 'Img' button again and it will add the closing tag.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kersh wrote:
Hywel wrote:
sharon1953,
Loads of snow in Obertauern, just look at this Shocked

That's loads. They'll need a JCB to clear the snow before they open that bar!!! snowHead snowHead

The bar isn't propped up Wink

Frosty, he may well have choked on one of those d30 hats...
latest report
This is a crisis, the bar is disappearing Confused
snow conditions
waynos, wouldn't an ice tunnel be neat? Toofy Grin
latest report
waynos wrote:
This is a crisis, the bar is disappearing Confused

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
snow report
maybe it's time for a beer song to save the bar from the evil snow. All together...

"beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer" - fade out..... Very Happy
snow conditions
Snow hit Vienna today, the temp was hovering around zero and it turned to slush. Those who had not got round to putting the winter tyres on were struggling to get away from the traffic lights. Various crashes and cars at the side of the road. Saw a man crawling out of his overturned Audi on the opposite side of the duel cariageway. Looks like he came round a corner at speed and the hit the curb sideways which flipped the car onto it's roof. Ironically the snow plough got there five minutes later. Hope he had winter tyres on it or his insurance might not pay out.
ski holidays
This is going to be the first real ski week-end in Austria. A lot of resorts planning the openings.
As soon as they are able to dig themselves out of the snow they publish the list of open pistes and lifts for the week-end.
Of course, I will post these data here soon... wink
latest report
Looks like the JCB has arrived to dig out the bar. (scroll up to posting by FenlandSkier )
snow conditions
Hochkar are planning to open this Friday 16th Nov.
snow report
For a summary of ski amade snow reports check following link

http://en.skiamade.com/wetter/?nextsite=schneehoehe_orte

Stoderzinken is reporting 2m snowdepth, off piste, at 2000m
latest report
waynos wrote:
Looks like the JCB has arrived to dig out the bar. (scroll up to posting by FenlandSkier )

Thank god for that, pity the poor folk who have been trapped in the bar all weekend with only Jagermeister & Red Bull to sustain them Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Stuhleck (nr Vienna) are reporting that 1m new snow fell over the weekend. They too are planning to open on Friday 16th Nov too.

The snow conditions at the moment are probably better than anytime last season. Many resorts are planning to open on time with all lifts in operation -described as a once in 30 year occurrence by the press.
snow report
hmm, I have a ticket I need to use up on jet2 who fly to salzburg, just no spare time at the moment!!
latest report
any one know what the situation is like around Innsbruck? any snow and any of the local resorts open ??
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops wrote:
any one know what the situation is like around Innsbruck? any snow and any of the local resorts open ??

This weather report indicates how many lifts are open. Most resorts look to open on 01/12/08, before then I would aim for the glacier resorts (Hintertux, pitztaler, Stubaier, Sölden etc).
http://www.bergfex.com/austria/schneewerte/
ski holidays
Obergurgl to open on the 16th Nov too.
snow report
DB, cheers
ski holidays
Not Innsbruck area but Tauplitz has 250cm and opens this weekend too.
ski holidays
rayscoops,

Westendorf (nr Soll) ca. an hour from Innsbruck is open on the weekends til 8th Dec, then it will be open every day.
http://www.bergfex.com/westendorf/
snow conditions
DB wrote
Quote:

This weather report indicates how many lifts are open. Most resorts look to open on 01/12/08, before then I would aim for the glacier resorts (Hintertux, pitztaler, Stubaier, Sölden etc).
http://www.bergfex.com/austria/schneewerte/

DB, that's a good link to know, thanks
ski holidays
DB, are you ready for the week-end?
Hochkar and Stuhleck plans to open all the pistes
Lackenhof is half price on Friday and 30% off on Saturday
Semmering also opens with the gondola and the WC piste
ski holidays
The amount of snow is flipping crazy for this time of year! Bound to make all those history average snow-depth graphs look really f***ed up for this season Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi,

Just a quick mention of a web cam I have set up yesterday morning its overlooking our back garden.:-

http://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

It will only allow about 8 people on at the same time so you have to keep refreshing if it busy!! I am only just setting it up at the moment so I hope to improve on this with time.

It continues to snow here and we have 80cm in the village and 150cm on the mountain.

The lifts are open every weekend from now and then they are open full time form 8th December.

Thanks

Nigel
ski holidays
kerekip wrote:
DB, are you ready for the week-end?
Hochkar and Stuhleck plans to open all the pistes
Lackenhof is half price on Friday and 30% off on Saturday
Semmering also opens with the gondola and the WC piste

Holiday for friday is booked. Already skied Lackenhof this season so will probably do stuhleck (or Hochkar) on friday and Aflenz (or Hinterstoder) on Sat. Spoilt for choice really. snowHead
ski holidays
djfletcher, Thats a great web cam .I have a holiday home in Zell am see and have often thought about having a web cam out there but did not know how to do it . I will now look into it , Thanks for the idea. Very Happy
snow report
djfletcher wrote:
Hi,

Just a quick mention of a web cam I have set up yesterday morning its overlooking our back garden.:-

http://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

Very Happy Nice

Any chance you could take a look at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31692 and offer some advice to Helen? She's looking to do similar with her place in Serre Chevalier.

Byron Gates, you might want to have a look at some of the suggestions too. I think it's a great idea to have our very own windows into your snowy world.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy