Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

boot question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have saloman X-wave 8 boots. They are the size 10. My shoe size is 101/2

They were initially comfy. despite having cut my toe nails last trip I had very bruised toenails and they eventually fell off. Uck. surprisingly I didn't find them uncomfortable. Iwent slightly backwards on my last trip and was skiing more on my heels that I have in the past (dodgy fitness) Very Happy

Is there anything a bootfitter can do? advice appreciated, please

If I was to look at a new boot, what should I start looking at, please Foot size 101/2 not wide, high arches,. Me 6ft 3 94Kg Advanced intermediate. very typical S&R 7/8 skier. Will get down anything on piste inc steeps but in steep/off piste moguls it ain't pretty Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sitting in the back seat will require a boot upto or above 5 sizes too big. This is not fitness but technique, get a lesson. Footbeds and a well fitted boots will reduce the possibility of movement but cannot counteract rearward forces.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Sitting in the back seat will require a boot upto or above 5 sizes too big. This is not fitness but technique, get a lesson. Footbeds and a well fitted boots will reduce the possibility of movement but cannot counteract rearward forces.

the private lesson is a must, I agree. Like to think I'm not in the back seat all the time. I think what you are saying tho is get in the right position and toes will come off the front of the boot. Truth hurts but sadly true. The boots are pretty tight as I'm in a size 10 boot which is half size smaller than my shoes. Will check out some footbeds if I'm bicester way as don't think I'll be in chamonix. One less intermediate for you to shoot- if you get out of your shop Toofy Grin Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dan100 A size 10 uk (29 mondo) boot will measure around 318mm internally, it shouldn't be a problem for a real size 10 foot.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy