Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fancy trying some boots out????

Poster: A snowHead
fatbob wrote:
So even if the boots don't turn out to be much cop is this trip a likely goer then? Who , when etc?

I fancy it but Mrs NBT is less keen as she's had a long bout of illness and is not up to skiing at the moment, hence reluctant to look too far ahead. If I do go though I'll be taking my own boots anyway Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Up for it(I think)but more info is proving hard to come by Confused Have e-mailed...no reply as yet.The phone just seems to connect with a recorded message(sorry I'm out?).Need more info on which days,which flight etc.No view on Atomic kit as such,but at that price I'd slide on a tea tray Toofy Grin If I get any info I will post it up.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are we looking do do this as a bit of a Bash? Looks like a bargain trip, even if it's only the Glacier thats open. Very Happy Anyone got any dates in mind? I've phoned & e-mailed also.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've sent an email too.
Hopefully we can get a date sorted soon & sort out cheap flights too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I emailed with a couple of questions and this is what i got back,

Dear Roger

To answer your questions in order:

- Yes it is possible to stay for 2 nights but I think the price would be the
same; I will double check this. There is also a supplement for weekend
nights of £12 per person per night (Friday and Saturday nights).

- Transfers are at set times to fit with flights arriving at Geneva in the
evening outwards, and returning after 21.00 homewards in order for the last
day of skiing to be possible.

- You can arrive on any day subject to availability, but as I said there is
a supplement for weekends.

Hope that answers your questions. Do ask if you require any further
information.

Kind Regards,
Joanne
Mountainsun Ltd
Tel : 07704 181351
mountain.sun@virgin.net
http://www.mountainsunltd.com
Mountainsun Ltd
Registered in England 04475551
Registered Office: Fillis Cottage, The Street, Kingston near Lewes, East
Sussex BN7 3NT
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
with lack of holiday left etc i'd probably want to fly our fri eve and back late sunday and it looks like their transfers will work for this

even with the £12 per night supplement it's £123 for a catered weekend inc lift pass and transfer which is fantastic!!!! Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
You can arrive on any day subject to availability, but as I said there is a supplement for weekends.

This 'seems' to answer one of my main questions.......dates? But,this means Atomic will have to run a transfer coach every evening..virtually Confused Can this be right?Jeez...they must be desperate to flog some kit wink Have a feeling it will not quite work out this way.
So...to get yer full 3 days(and nights)to include a w/end....you are looking at travelling out Thurs afternoon...and returning Sunday evening(late).Have to say that,even at the 'new' price thats still a fantastic bargain.Would be even better if we can get a few snowHead 's to join forces and form an Atomic Bash Toofy Grin
Though I'm pretty flexible on dates,I'm leaning towards latish(say early November)For no other reason than conditions should be more favourable?
As the link is there,I think its fair to assume that EJ flight times will govern the transfer times,so off to check timetable.
Anyone else up for this?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Joanne @ Mountainsun Ltd wrote:

- Transfers are at set times to fit with flights arriving at Geneva in the
evening outwards, and returning after 21.00 homewards in order for the last
day of skiing to be possible.

But flights from where? If it's from London then that means another half day off work to get down there from here, and either an overnight journey back or an overnight stay and another half day off work...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would guess that if we collectively were to want to organise a trip we could have some influence over transfer times. I imagine it could work something like this: Flight out Thursday late afternoon from wherever to arrive at GVA between say 8-10pm. Ski Fri, Sat Sun. Rtn to GVA for flight out 7pm onwards. I'd guess it basically means Mountainsun are really handling things and Atomic are subsidising them. I wouldn't be surprised if you were the only person due to arrive on a particular day they would ask you to change dates.

Any dates for preference - early Nov clashes with PSB. 23-25 Nov?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt, How about easyJet from Liverpool. Fly out on a Friday night, back Monday evening.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt wrote:
But flights from where?

Anywhere it would seem.Had a phone call this morning which explained a few points.The crucial one,transfers,will all be in the evening.So....you need to arrive at GVA errrr...whenever you like(it was suggested you could always do some sightseeing Confused )as the transfer to Tigne will be late.But you must choose a return flight after 21.00 as the coach will not leave Tigne until around 4.00pm.Atomic site now updated to show various supplements(w/end and room type)Wife now suggesting we aim for 1/2 term...22nd to 26th Oct...as kids can go as well Very Happy Though note,only adult kit will be provided by Atomic.
1/2 term bash anyone wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Me and Mr M. are seriously considering going. Not sure about half-term though, I'd prefer to leave the kids at home! Anyone considering other dates? Liverpool or Leeds to Geneva would be good for us.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
marmalade wrote:
I'd prefer to leave the kids at home!

And me,though that's looking unlikely Sad Bit surprised by the 'kids are welcome' approach,was expecting adults only Confused Oh well,probably best in the long term.If I left them here they would likely chop up my ski's and put me boots in the microwave Shocked
Have now received mail which covers all points mentioned....and also states you 'must' check availability and proposed flights before booking anything.
Now looking highly likely we will go in 1/2 term week(poss Sun 21st Oct to 24th)Flying out of Luton,which is a bummer as B'ham is 10mls away but no flights as yet.If all goes to plan...should be in place by w/end?
Anyone joining us Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowskisnow, Yep myself and SO have booked to travel from Luton on those dates Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A question for all snowHead s who have already booked, Are you required to confirm a minimum standard of skiing ability? I'm happy with steep blues and easy reds.
snow report
PisteHead, I don't think so, and the Tignes glacier is predominently very wide red and blue runs Very Happy
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, Just checking, if everyone else there is an expert I'd stick out for the wrong reasons. Very Happy
latest report
PisteHead, from what I can gather from those going - they are all expert . . . Drinkers ! Toofy Grin Just book, you'll be fine Very Happy
snow conditions
Quote:

IncogSkiSno, Just checking, if everyone else there is an expert I'd stick out for the wrong reasons.

I queried this with them and they replied saying they want skiers of all abilities - good coz I'm rubbish!

Again, anyone not going over half-term?
snow report
Quote:

Any dates for preference - early Nov clashes with PSB. 23-25 Nov?

Might be able to do 23-26 Nov
snow report
marmalade, might be tempted for that, def not half term NehNeh
snow report
marmalade, holidayloverxx let us know if/when you book, keen to go but cant sort dates yet, but will be over a weekend if at all.........
latest report
Roger C, to be realistic, doubt I'll be able to book anything soon so don't hold your breath
snow conditions
We're booked Very Happy Out on Tues 23rd Oct....back on Fri 26th.Out of Luton.Return flights are currently just under £50.No problem with kids,room types etc...in fact couldn't be more helpful.Also cleared up one minor point of concern,

Joanne wrote: There is a bus service that runs from outside the hotel up to Le Lac connecting to the funicular bus – these buses run in a figure of 8 cycle so link together for minimal waiting time. Price of both the bus and funicular are included in the lift pass.

So,all in all,a bit of a bargain IMHO.Never been on any Atomic kit in my life,so should be interesting.Also a chance to admire the architectural delights of Tignes.....what more could anyone want rolling eyes
snow report
IncogSkiSno, Laughing
ski holidays
marmalade wrote:
Quote:

IncogSkiSno, Just checking, if everyone else there is an expert I'd stick out for the wrong reasons.

I queried this with them and they replied saying they want skiers of all abilities - good coz I'm rubbish!

Again, anyone not going over half-term?

That is good news. Now I need to check if I can get some leave.
latest report
I'm booked Sun 21st Oct back Wed 24th Oct. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Can't get away from work mid October to end of November. But early Dec could be a possibility. Does anyone know if the scheme's still running then & if you have to test their boots as the OH has very peculiar feet and can only wear his altered boots?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy wrote:
Can't get away from work mid October to end of November. But early Dec could be a possibility. Does anyone know if the scheme's still running then & if you have to test their boots as the OH has very peculiar feet and can only wear his altered boots?

They can't force you to wear boots that will cripple you - its an incentive I'd have thought but they can't seriously expect skiers to not bring their own boots as well. maybe the boots are so revolutionary thet they fit everyone out of the box hence the bootfitters reluctance to work with them or maybe not wink
snow conditions
We're booked Very Happy . Me and the 3 Zits out Mon 22nd Oct and back Thurs 25th Oct via Stansted Very Happy
snow conditions
On the ability side of things, Joanne has clarified that all abilities are welcome (we might have a complete beginner with our group and they will be putting us in touch with the ski school). We're looking roughly at the end of November, either from Gatwick or Stansted.

BUT one point about Gatwick is that we would go for car hire rather than the coach transfer as Joanne advised us to book return flights after 9pm and there are no flights from Geneva to Gatwick at that time.

Very exciting Toofy Grin now just need to get the leave and I'm booking!

BTW, Joanne did mention this offer will be released in the national press soon so snowHeads don't delay!
snow report
I'm looking at 4-7 Dec - out Tues eve back Fri so don't have to worry about work the next day. And with a bit of luck more of Tignes/Val may be open than just the glacier. That week is about the only one I can manage round work things - just got to work on the OH now rolling eyes And try to figure out how I can fit that in with annual leave allocation Sad
snow report
fatbob, Joanne said to me that there was absolutely no problem with using your own kit, but I will try the Atomic boots, just out of courtesy and interest if nothing else.
I should fingers crossed have my new Head Raptors by then anyway. Very Happy
snow conditions
Roger C, holidayloverxx,

The dates that I've mentioned above are looking good (23-26 Nov) for me and Mr M. Just waiting to hear from friends if they can do those dates too. If so could be 4 or 6 of us. We're looking at Liverpool flights that suit the transfer times.
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, Great news....see you there Very Happy

Just a word of thanks to Joanne of Mountain Sun.Having spoken,and e-mailed,a number of times over the last couple of days,her response has always been friendly,professional and immediate.....a credit to her company.This is how it should be.Her approach inspires confidence that all will go to plan and the result will be a fantastic bargain break.Book with confidence Very Happy

BTW....just to emphasise the point rolling eyes This offer will be in the national press very soon! Joanne tells me the response,so far,has way outstripped their expectations.Have a feeling that choices may get very limited quite quickly(so far its been word of mouth and the net...most probably us snowHead )Don't be disappointed Sad
latest report
Spyderman, Sorry,missed yer post Embarassed Will be seeing you as well Very Happy
snow report
snowskisnow wrote:
Ray Zorro, Great news....see you there Very Happy

Just a word of thanks to Joanne of Mountain Sun.Having spoken,and e-mailed,a number of times over the last couple of days,her response has always been friendly,professional and immediate.....a credit to her company.This is how it should be.Her approach inspires confidence that all will go to plan and the result will be a fantastic bargain break.Book with confidence Very Happy

BTW....just to emphasise the point rolling eyes This offer will be in the national press very soon! Joanne tells me the response,so far,has way outstripped their expectations.Have a feeling that choices may get very limited quite quickly(so far its been word of mouth and the net...most probably us snowHead )Don't be disappointed Sad

as i said, we try to bring you the deals b efore the rest of the world finds out about them Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
CEM, Laughing We'll see! I wonder if Nordica had run such a promotion would we have heard about it! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, if Nordica [or any other brand within reason!!] ran such a promotion and gave me the information for distrubution i would have happily put it here Little Angel
ski holidays
CEM, Are you coming as well though?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy