Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fancy trying some boots out????

Poster: A snowHead
Ta muchly.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Atomic UK wrote:
nbt hi, at the moment we are not able to offer any snowboards at this particular camp, snowboarders are indeed welcome there though although as there is no kit there it may be best if they have their own. I'm sure as well Joanne Mountainsun has some contacts with local hire shops. If you would like i can keep you posted on UK demo dates for snowboards in case your friends would be interested in coming to try our boards?

Evil or Very Mad May you wake to find your nads have been used as a chocolate coated pillow treat Evil or Very Mad

But seriously, will there be a promotion for the snowboard range? I'm a little interested in snowboard development and curious as to why ski construction technology seems to be moving at a very high pace, yet snowboard construction (with a couple of exceptions from Bataleon and Lib-Tech) seems to have been in a bit of a refining-rut for the last decade . . . of course that 'could' be a reflection of the innate perfection that is snowboarding wink . . . your thoughts ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We will certainly have promotions for the snowboard range, in tignes this may just be a small display but as mentioned before we will be doing a lot here in the UK including all of the forthcoming Ski and snowboard shows. We will also ensure that there are plenty of oppourtunities throughout the season to get as many people as possible on the kit. Regarding snowboard developement, it's a tough one really, the ski market has always been driven by the latest technology, hence Hawx etc... Everyone still remembers the classic skis, skis that changed the industry, Atomic 9.18, Salomon X-scream series to name but a few, but as a technical sport it's exciting to see what develops from year to year. My personal belief is that a lot of this comes from alpine racing where high levels of technology with equipment/servicing can make the difference between first and last place. This is different with snowboarding, for example, our biggest selling board for the last 5 years has been the Atomic Hatchet, it retails at £225, now many people would be under the impression that at a price point like that the board is aimed at low end riders, however we have everyone from beginners to experts riding it and it is the board of choice for three of our UK team members. The reason.. it's just a good solid board, a full wood core, sensible flex pattern, fast base and a good top sheet. This year we are trying to add some new tech into a few of our higher end boards, by using a "honeycomb" material in the nose and tails to improve spin weight, lower overall weight and givev greater floatation in the soft stuff. I think that if you look closely there is a lot of technology used by all the snowboard brands but it's not quite as much (or mentioned as much) as the big ski brands. i hope that answers your question in some way!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've booked our trip for Dec 4th - 7th, but have been trying to convince some wannabe skiing friends to come along too. This seems like a decent and cheap way to see if they are going to like skiing. The problem is that they have two young children, 2 & 5. The parents are complete beginners, but I imagine the ski school won't be a problem for them, but does anyone know if the schools at this time of the year are geared up to take young children? What's the glacier like for beginners?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mac, There is a very small area for beginners at the bottom of the Champagny lift with a fixed grip tow. After that it is quite a big step up to the Rosolin piste and T-bar. You might want to email the ski schools to check about lessons.

There is a map here.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mac wrote:
We've booked our trip for Dec 4th - 7th

Hi, we're there from the 3rd to the 6th, so look forward to meeting you snowHead

mac wrote:
... been trying to convince some wannabe skiing friends to come along too. This seems like a decent and cheap way to see if they are going to like skiing. The problem is that they have two young children, 2 & 5. The parents are complete beginners, but I imagine the ski school won't be a problem for them, but does anyone know if the schools at this time of the year are geared up to take young children? What's the glacier like for beginners?

Don't think the glacier would be suitable for beginners. Don't know about ski schools at that time, but I really think your friends would be much better off when the resort is fully open. And of course, it gives you a good excuse for another holiday! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rjs wrote:
mac, There is a very small area for beginners at the bottom of the Champagny lift with a fixed grip tow.

Oops, didn't know about that - actually, I think I know the bit you mean, but the tow wasn't running when we were there...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The glacier is suitable for beginners, and some ski schools are operating but I think 2 is too young for ski school. Unfortunately we don't have any childcare facilities at the hotel during this promotion. How about your friends offering the grandparents a wonderful opportunity to spend a couple of days with the little darlings?? wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the info. I've suggested the grandparents and kids option.and pointed out how much easier it would be taking the kids on a second holiday if they themselves could already ski a bit. They were sold on the idea in the first place after I told them how much it would cost to do a day at the snowdome MK. No competition really. Don't normally look at going skiing until mid Jan and even though this is only a month or so sooner, I can't wait already. Be seeing you there Jo225.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mac, We're there too 2nd - 5th- group of 6, as is Maggi. See you there.

Maggi - looks like we'll be fighting over the hot tub!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone going later? Myself and slow_eric will be there from the 7th to 10th December.

Travelling out of Heathrow with BA at 17:05 on the Friday, returning Monday night on the 20:35
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
(edited to correct list)

Thought I would use my 100th post constructively (Mods please feel free to delete if inappropriate). I have tried to work out who's going and when so far, apologies for any errors or to any snowHeads I've missed out.

3-5 Oct: DaveC & tequilaslammer

20/21-24/25 Oct (bit confusing this lot NehNeh ): Nells, snowskisnow, WTFH, Ray Zorro, samharris, Alphorn, Spyderman, mjr, Kitty, Incogskisnow, CEM, Grandmotte, Masque, Michelle, Linds, Agenterre

16-19 Nov: Shades

24-25 Nov: slikedges

25-28 Nov: snowshine

29 Nov - 2 Dec: PhillipStanton & MrsPhillipStanton

2-5 Dec: Maggi & Marmalade

3-6 Dec: Jo225

4-7 Dec: mac

7-10 Dec: SHello & slow_eric holidayloverxx

All of which means I won't be meeting any of you so far Sad

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 9-08-07 16:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hey, good effort snowshine! Unfortunately neither annual leave nor funds will allow me to go so you can scrub me off 4-7 Dec Sad . But I will be booked to go on 3 trips (4 weeks) next season snowHead snowHead

And don't forget snowshine, there's one snowHead you can always meet up with in Tignes - Stewart Woodward. He'll be there all season Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SHello, does that link up with the transfer bus? I have left a message with Joanne to check availability
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy, thanks, you can see I have too much time on my hands today Embarassed

Sorry to hear you had to scrub but great news about 4 weeks' skiing anyway - I'm not jealous, honest!

Thanks for the tip on Stewart Woodward, I'll make sure to PM him before we go (if he isn't heartily sick of a bunch of snowHeads invading by then of course Toofy Grin).
ski holidays
snowshine, well apparently he likes meeting up with visiting snowHeads Confused Confused Toofy Grin
snow report
holidayloverxx, I hope so as we are counting on it wink

This was something I checked out with Joanne - from Geneva the bus will be there to around 9:00pm waiting for other flights to come in and on the return, the bus will be leaving no later than 4:30pm
ski holidays
SHello, the easyjet Luton flight gets in at 21.25 which i guess will be too late. shame though, the easyjet flight is only £59.98 as opposed to £117.10 with BA, although I coudl look for an earlier one out.
ski holidays
the earlier easyjet luton arrives at 17.05. a bit early, but I'm sure I coudl entertain myself for a bit.
snow report
holidayloverxx, when I said around 9:00pm, it was as a general time - Joanne did mention 9:20pm so that could be the flight they are waiting on so worth waiting for a response to your call before considering other options. That said, our flight gets in around 8:00pm so I would appreciate you getting an earlier flight NehNeh

If not, I suppose we will just have to wait in the bar wink
snow conditions
SHello, I have just spoken to Joanne. There are 4 places left on the transfer bus for 7th - 10th Dec. I will get teh earlier flight as you are the latest coming in so far.

the cost (exc flights) is £172.50 for a single room. If I can get a female roomie it will be £123.00.

Any female snowHead s out there want to come that weekend for £123 plus flight, which is about £60 with easyjet?
snow conditions
YAY!! I'm booked: Very Happy

Friday 7th - Monday 10th December.

Easyjet Luton-GVA, 14.20 - 1705

Easyjet GVA-Luton, 21.55 - 22.40

Still need a roomie though.........
snow report
holidayloverxx,
Quote:

Still need a roomie though.........

But hopefully not any boots to test. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, absolutely!
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
SHello, the easyjet Luton flight gets in at 21.25 which i guess will be too late. shame though, the easyjet flight is only £59.98 as opposed to £117.10 with BA, although I coudl look for an earlier one out.

It's not too late - the transfer will wait! This is a very popular flight.
snow report
Joanne Mountainsun,Aaaargh - I've booked the earlier flight cos we talked about this. never mind, I can happliy amuse myself at the bar NehNeh
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
Joanne Mountainsun,Aaaargh - I've booked the earlier flight cos we talked about this. never mind, I can happliy amuse myself at the bar NehNeh

The flights you've booked are fitting with others on the transfer for that day so far, but there's still a couple of spaces left for that day so I can't guarantee the bus won't have to wait. I'll do my best to avoid you waiting, but sometimes it's unavoidable. You're right though, the bar in the airport always makes the time speed by wink
latest report
Joanne Mountainsun, no problem. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yee hah!!! Just received confirmation, thanks Joanne Mountainsun.

Only 106 sleeps to go snowHead snowHead
latest report
marmalade, only 63 sleeps for some of us wink snowHead snowHead
latest report
marmalade, I think its fewer sleeps for you, either that or its more sleeps than I thought for me Sad
ski holidays
Got my confirmation last week, Ta, Joanne Mountainsun. Got my Liver in training. Toofy Grin Fresh powder and toffee vodka is the forecast, can't wait Very Happy
snow conditions
holidayloverxx,

12 sleeps left in Aug
30 sleeps in Sept
31 sleeps in Oct
30 sleeps in Nov
1 sleeps in Dec

Makes only 104!!!! You're right, that's 2 less than I thought. If I keep miscalculating like this it'll come around before I know it!

Michelle,
Quote:

only 63 sleeps for some of us

Grrrrrrr! Evil or Very Mad
latest report
marmalade, cool - fewer sleeps for me too. Sorry to miss you and other snowHeads , but I just couldn't do midweek - need to save holiday days. Never mind, there are a few of us at the weekend, and maybe some potential new recruits Very Happy
ski holidays
I wish I'd found this thread sooner! I'm definitely contemplating going at some point, depending what/if there's anything left Smile
ski holidays
Team Fall Line are planning to invade the bootcamp at some point. Whether anyone will be up early enough to switch out of carpet slippers is unsure - Jamie is a bit rubish at glacier events since his bodyclock doesn't seem to have 'am' on it. I'll post when arrangements are in place.
snow conditions
I'm thinking of doing this on the 20th October but would rather travel from my local airport (Bristol) than head over to Luton which is a bit of a nightmare bus wise and I don't fancy driving and leaving my car.

Thing is the flights back to Bristol leave Geneva at 4pm so I'll either have to stay an extra night on the 23rd/24th in Tignes and book a transfer from there back to Geneva in the morning of the 24th or head over to Geneva on the transfer provided on the 23rd and book in at a hotel near the airport overnight (about £70 at the Holiday Inn apparently) then hang around in Geneva until 4.

I think I'd rather stay in Tignes for the extra night but am not sure how expensive a transfer in the morning would be - anyone know, or can anyone recommend, a company that's doing the route in October and isn't stupidly expensive?
snow report
roga, another option (which is what I and my group are doing) would be car hire from Geneva. Holidayautos were around £100 for us and it gives us the flexibility which we need. We found it was cheaper then extra night/transfer options.
ski holidays
^ thanks for that snowshine but I'd rather not car hire on my own but if anyone else wants to share the cost/driving and navigating then give me a shout Smile

Having said that it's looking increasingly like a night in Geneva is the cheapest and easiest option.
latest report
This sounds sweet.

Looking at surprising the missus with going out on the 20th and heading back on the 23rd.

I live in Rugby, what's the best flight to take and from where?
Which boarders are going that week?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy