Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fancy trying some boots out????

Poster: A snowHead
CEM, Me too, this could be fun. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Atomic UK wrote:
If any of you have any queries on specific equipment available please just ask!

Just wondering what skis you'll have out there? Weighing up if I want to lug out my own skis or just borrow Atomic ones Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also what will you have for us 'pixies' to try?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Atomic UK, Big welcome to snowHeads Very Happy
My son The Boywonder even has some Atomic Boots R-Tech Ti Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM wrote:
Atomic UK, welcome, glad you have poked your head up above the parapet Toofy Grin

Ready, Aim....... wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Atomic UK, Hello and welcome to snowHead 's
Quote:

if any of you have any queries on specific equipment available please just ask!

Atomic UK, There may well be a few small people going (me rolling eyes ) so will you have any of your ski's down to 150 ish? snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, Didnt see that you had already sneaked in with
Quote:

Also what will you have for us 'pixies' to try?

NehNeh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
V. excited now booked (2nd - 5th Dec). Only 124 sleeps to go!!

maggi, I'll race you to the hot tub! Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Slightly OT but it is about boots.... big thanks to CEM, for looking at my feet last Thursday and giving me the *ahem* good news that my boots are 2 sizes too big Shocked No wonder I was bragging about how comfy they were! Anyway return trip to CEM in the autumn to find some new boots is now in order - Shame I can't get out to Tignes.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
marmalade wrote:
maggi, I'll race you to the hot tub! Very Happy snowHead

Can't wait! snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Many thanks indeed for all of your welcomes! Even though we are calling this the Boot Camp, for us it is as much about getting the skis tested as the boots. Many of you will be aware that we are introducing a new range this year called Nomad, basically a mid fat all mountain ski coming in 6 different models (getting wider as the range progresses) and a ladies option as well. This will feature rather heavily as it is a new model, we will of course though get some of our current favourites out there as well, Metron will feature, as will SX and we will ensure that the ladies range is also heavily featured in a variety of lengths, so don't worry Helen and Linds! I would almost encourage anyone to take their own skis as well though as it proves a great point of reference when testing the new equipment!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, your son must be the boywonder, Race tech ti is one aggressive ski boot! Great stuff!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hywel, coincidence, whe nI had boots fitted in January I was also told that the boots I'd used for the last 6 seasons were a full size too big. My new boots are lovely, albeit fitted by Franck @ Nevada Sports in Tignes

Atomic UK, Do you seel / are you offering any snowboards? I have a few boarder friends interested.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Linds, one jump ahead of , although we don't think we'll be going now anyway.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Atomic UK, He's got the 100 flex version. Problem was He's 6'3", 8 stonne, size 8 feet, very narrow and He's an Instructor. CEM recommended them.
They were fortunately the only Boots that fit perfectly after only some minor adjustment from CEM Very Happy
latest report
Spyderman, If your son has the blue model i think i remember him, we met at Bartletts in Hillingdon i think, just before you went up to CEM to get them fitted, even the 100 flex is pretty stiff though, i hope he's getting on really well with them!
snow conditions
nbt hi, at the moment we are not able to offer any snowboards at this particular camp, snowboarders are indeed welcome there though although as there is no kit there it may be best if they have their own. I'm sure as well Joanne Mountainsun has some contacts with local hire shops. If you would like i can keep you posted on UK demo dates for snowboards in case your friends would be interested in coming to try our boards?
snow report
Atomic UK, will you be selling skis at the event, or just demoing?

Also, can you arrange for snow, and lots of it. snowHead snowHead

Thanks!
ski holidays
Quote:

so don't worry Helen and Linds! I would almost encourage anyone to take their own skis as well though as it proves a great point of reference when testing the new equipment!

Atomic UK, Thanks for the reasurance Very Happy I will still bring my Burning Luv's but am after some all mountain ski's rolling eyes
Quote:

Also, can you arrange for snow, and lots of it.

and a nice warm hot tub (with a nice cold beer waiting at the side of it rolling eyes )
Am now really looking forward to this little trip snowHead
snow report
Sorry to quell your excitement Linds, but I've just booked too Very Happy
ski holidays
Michelle, You are not sharing my nice cold beer rolling eyes
Do Atomic know what they have let themselves in for Laughing
latest report
Linds, I hope you're refering to yourself, rather than me with this statement
Quote:

Do Atomic know what they have let themselves in for
Laughing Laughing
Quote:
You are not sharing my nice cold beer

Sad I'll have one of my own then...
ski holidays
Working this out is too hard for me.

I'd like to go too..

Where do I book? ie How do I contact Joanne?
What dates do I book?
I don't want/need transfers ... but can pick folks up who can't get a good 'transfer'
latest report
Agenterre, there's one room left for the snowHeads group gathering Shocked
Joanne on 07704 181351
some are there from the 21st - 24th, others 22nd - 25th.
snow conditions
Agenterre, And there are 8 of us booked for 2 - 5 of December too! We're hoping for everything open snowHead .
snow report
Michelle, Thanks ...done 21-24 ( I think!)
snow report
Have fun guys.
ski holidays
Atomic UK,
Quote:

Spyderman, If your son has the blue model i think i remember him, we met at Bartletts in Hillingdon i think, just before you went up to CEM to get them fitted, even the 100 flex is pretty stiff though, i hope he's getting on really well with them!

Good memory. The Boots have transformed his skiing, He's loving them, so much more precision & feel compared to his old boots.
He didn't want the White/Red ones because he says everybody has those Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agenterre wrote:

snowHead Wahoo! snowHead
latest report
Agenterre wrote:

hey, we've got the Ol' Git coming along too !!! Very Happy
snow report
maggi wrote:
Agenterre, And there are 8 of us booked for 2 - 5 of December too! We're hoping for everything open snowHead .

And two more for the 3rd - 6th December! snowHead snowHead

Thanks to CEM for telling us about this, & to Joanne Mountainsun for being really helpful. Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm booked (along with tequilaslammer and another friend, plus maybe more of the Natives crew) for staying the nights of the 3rd/4th/5th of October Very Happy
snow report
Jo225,

We're on Maggi's dates too. Hope you can cope with a bunch of Yorkshire puds. See you there! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
marmalade wrote:
Jo225,

We're on Maggi's dates too. Hope you can cope with a bunch of Yorkshire puds. See you there! snowHead snowHead

Well, we're a couple of (ex) Bury Black Puddings (or thereabouts) so I think we should be OK snowHead

Looking forward to meeting you Very Happy

Edit to say: Oh, & get the tonic & lemon, we'll be bringing some gin! Ahh, flying to Geneva, still duty-free Twisted Evil
ski holidays
All booked in for last weekend November, group of 8 of us, all with MK links. Thanks to Joanne Mountainsun for offering this super deal and being so patient and helpful, to Atomic UK for making it possible and reassurances re: equipment available, and to CEM for telling us about it in the first place!! If any other sH are around at the time, it'd be a pleasure to ski with you! snowHead
ski holidays
slikedges - if that's the 30th November weekend then I'll be there with MrsPhillipStanton. I'll be the one in green. I'm hard to miss wink
latest report
Booked with the O/H for 16th - 19th November,can't wait! Very Happy
snow report
PhillipStanton, sorry Sad , meant weekend of 24/25th! Won't spare the test skis but will put some snow aside for you! wink
latest report
Does anyone have any specific transfer times, please?
ski holidays
veeeight, transfers leave Tignes for Geneva 1600ish, in time to check-in for 2100ish flights back to UK, then pick up the waiting newcomers, though they'll wait for anyone arriving not too much later. Number of seats on each transfer are generally limited to 8 though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy