Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arlberg Snow !

Poster: A snowHead
Am Montag und Dienstag zeigt sich das Wetter ausgesprochen winterlich. Es kommen nennenswertere Neuschneemengen zusammen

Heavy snow Monday,Tuesday !!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Really cloudy in st anton, zero degrees at resort, smells like snow
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
well it rained at the St Anton village (1300 m) all Sunday night, but snowed from about 1400, then at about 6 am it started snowing everywhere and it has not stopped yet as of 4.15 local time. Very windy and mosts lifts had stopped except a few from the village up to the first station. Serious white-outs up top - I got caught in one and could not workout up, down or even see the piste markers, all made more difficult by the big drifts caused by the driving wind. Clearing up a bit now so looks good for tomorrow Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops wrote:
well it rained at the St Anton village (1300 m)

Rain at town level is not unusual at all during the day any time during the season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
30cm of new snow overnight on Galzig now 2 Metres !

http://www.lawine.at/tirol/index.html?id=4
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
St Anton - still dumping at 7 pm, knee deep on piste- what piste because nothing is pisted - waste deep in drifts - low light but better than the white-out of yesterday Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Enjoy the Arlberg POW . If you can ski Arlberg POW you can ski any POW Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We're off to St Anton on 6th Jan.. your updates have left me drooling with anticipation.. After spending a week picking flowers from my boots last year, i think this season is going to be slightly different!! Thanks for the updates guys.. please keep em coming!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
enjoyed Arlberg pow today, great stuff, blue sky, pisted runs and the most fantastic fluffy stuff in between, there must be 5 cm base on the main street in St Anton Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
a lot warmer today, pistes very soft and even a bit slushy back to resort, snow now melting on the roads to slush. It has been blue sky with sporadic very low clouds (at Galzig-Gampon) and it has been trying to snow.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Die Schneefallgrenze schwankt dabei immer wieder zwischen 2000m und dem Tal herunten

Yes the freeze level has temporary gone to 2000M.

However, its changing again (freezing level dropping) . Its going to start snowing again Saturday & will be getting much colder next week

http://wetter.networld.at/oesterreich/tirol/arlberg-galzig

I think we can expect another 40-50cm out of the next storm Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Heavy snow in St Anton this morning, snowing now and looks set for the day
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Galzig reporting 234cm Very Happy

http://www.lawine.at/tirol/messstation_detail_07.html?name=Galzig%20/%20St.%20Anton%20am%20Arlberg&pic=galzig.png
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Heavy snow in Lech this morning. Looking good snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lech has been battered with a foot of pow overnight. Hubba hubba.
latest report
Whitegold, Val d'isere had around 50cms earlier this week, reduced to 25cm with a day by the high altitude winds wink - so mid-altitude Lech should hold it's snow better.
snow conditions
Zudem kündigen sich weitere Schneefälle an, die bis zur Wochenmitte für weiteren nennenswerteren Neuschneezuwachs sorgen werden. Die Sonne bleibt damit aber auch vorerst ein seltener Gast

Considerable new snow is expected mid-week onwards. Very Happy The sun will not appear much.

Bring it on Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
waynos wrote:
Whitegold, Val d'isere had around 50cms earlier this week, reduced to 25cm with a day by the high altitude winds wink - so mid-altitude Lech should hold it's snow better.

Please dont quote Val d'sere or France for that matter in Arlberg Snow thread Mad
snow report
Fantastic powder day in Lech today Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
I spent the entire day laying down tracks, and even the tracked out stuff was brilliant. Up to my knees in it Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Conditions have never been this good this early. And the best thing is that the place is nearly empty Very Happy Can't get to a PC where I can upload pics. Will see what I can do tomorrow.
snow report
Light snow overnight and still snowing, the sky is white but the mountain is visible for a change. A lot colder last night
snow conditions
A man was killed in an avalanche here in Lech yesterday. At 15.45 he skied into a closed touring route going from the Kriegerhorn down to Steinmähder. He wasn't wearing a transponder. My son's ski teacher took part in the search, which went on for over an hour. They were stamping around in thigh deep powder in almost total darkness in the end! The dogs found him, but after an hour under the snow he was already dead.
I had been standing down at Steinmäder earlier on in the day watching people ski into that slope, and also watching the ski patrol catch the people at the bottom and send them back up the piste on foot! Crazy. There was so much skiable terrain here, why do they have to ski slopes that are closed for avalanche danger? Simply Crazy!
snow report
Seeing the huge drifts and overhangs from the lifts which you would not see from the ground warrant serious respect to the mountains. Sad for the guys family
ski holidays
http://www.vol.at/news/vorarlberg/artikel/eine-person-in-lech--von-lawine-verschuettet/cn/news-20071208-04295121

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/stories/241581/
latest report
Snowing lightly today and will be alot more Tuesday Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
If you want Off Piste, Free Riding etc check out the locals

Stefan Häusl

http://www.freeride.cc/

Geli Hiesel
http://www.geliskiing.com/

http://www.spiritofski.com/
snow conditions
stanton wrote:

Stanton, I am on Sonnenkopf, Hotel Spullersee, Vaude Opening
Dez 14-16, arrival Fri evening.

If you like we can ski together

Tom from Austria.
tel 0650 5252550
info@raxski.com
ski holidays
Tom from Austria wrote:
stanton wrote:

Stanton, I am on Sonnenkopf, Hotel Spullersee, Vaude Opening
Dez 14-16, arrival Fri evening.

If you like we can ski together

Tom from Austria.
tel 0650 5252550
info@raxski.com

I out of town this weekend.
latest report
Could I please request sunshine from next Sunday, as we're off to Lech for a few days. Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It will be sunny on the 16th
latest report
Mooserwirt Apres Ski Hits Party

http://www.mallorca-final.de/partyreisen24/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2933

Only Galzig And Gampen open today (Lower half mountain) . St Christophbahn & Piste closed, Steissbachtal (happy valley) closed. TO MUCH SNOW Very Happy

Galzig (2000M) now reporting 2.75 Metres. Can count on another 0.5-1M up at the Valluga Very Happy

http://www.lawine.at/tirol/messstation_detail_07.html?name=Galzig%20/%20St.%20Anton%20am%20Arlberg&pic=galzig.png
snow conditions
Seen the forecast - lots of sun....how's the snow out there in St Anton?

Only three more sleeps to go.... snowHead
snow report
Overcast upto around 2500M. Bitterly (winds from Russia) cold next week however perfect skiing conditions. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Stanton... quick question about the area. A group of us may be coming in around March 15th next year. Don't want to stay in St. Anton, but wouldn't mind a day or so out there. Don't want high-price luxury accommodation, just simple, clean and with a bit of room (ideally a big Ferienhaus or something for 10 would suit, but they're hard to find...)

If we stay out of St. Anton is there a satellite village that's relatively convenient for getting into the ski area with either a ski bus or car (if we hire one or two)? LAndeck has been mentioned but I think it might be too far out to be truly convenient...?
snow report
I just checked a UK based company and they have chalets on your dates http://www.stantonchalets.co.uk/ .

The 15th is the pre-easter week however as long as your booking 1 week or 2 I dont think there will be a problem finding somewhere. Goodluck

Landeck is quite away from St Anton. (20min train)

Satelite villages (west) which run into each other. Nasserein,St Jakob,Gand
Further away . Pettneu,Schann,Flirsch,Strengen
latest report
RobintheBobin, Same here - 3 more sleeps Toofy Grin
latest report
carled,
Quote:

is there a satellite village that's relatively convenient for getting into the ski area

You could check out Stüben - quiet, but nice outlier linking into the main St.Anton ski area, and has good bus access to Luch/Zurs areas
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
I just checked a UK based company and they have chalets on your dates http://www.stantonchalets.co.uk/ .

The 15th is the pre-easter week however as long as your booking 1 week or 2 I dont think there will be a problem finding somewhere. Goodluck

Landeck is quite away from St Anton. (20min train)

Satelite villages (west) which run into each other. Nasserein,St Jakob,Gand
Further away . Pettneu,Schann,Flirsch,Strengen

Thanks Stanton... however, nearly £700 per person per week is, in my book, earth shatteringly expensive...! We were after self catering or, at best, B&B... Don't want to have to remortgage!

Will check out some of the other villages you mention.
snow report
Stay in Lech.

Plenty of cheapish hotels on lech.at.
ski holidays
Whitegold, ever the pragmatist...
latest report
from my mates first day at st anton.

Some great deep powder up to thigh deep and killer wind blown too. A great tree run. A few awesome runs but really shagged out due to a cold. Freezing too!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy