Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arlberg Snow !

Poster: A snowHead
a bit more info via text, they are with pistetopowder

good on tips and pretty good guiding but more wind blown than i would have liked.
Touring skis tomorrow to find more powder.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ITs been very cold in St Anton. Today its warmer -2C possibly 0C later !

Rendl opens tomorrow however, I have hiked up last Monday and put fresh turns in with the lift guys Happy

Ladies downhill Friday. The swedish team are staying in the Hotel Pffermuller in St Jakob Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rendl lift opened today for the partimers Very Happy Anyway, great powder to be had and still alot more on the mountain. Weather remains fine untill at least next week.

Perfect condtions, slopes empty until 27th .

Bode Millers RV rolled into town tonight so I guess he will be hanging out at the the funky chicken later Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Bode Millers RV rolled into town tonight so I guess he will be hanging out at the the funky chicken later

Proper athlete's tea that....

Are chips slow or fast release carbs?? I can never remember...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
got back from lech/zurs around 1am yesterday (was staying with a friend a few miles down the road Very Happy ) heaps of snow cover as expected from reports - they still keep pumping it out with cannons though!
Had brilliant sunshine all throughout Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, still bloody cold tho - about -9 first thing Wednesday morning!
Also skied sonnenkopf, will get a few pics up shortly!

First skiing done of the season, always a great feeling snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Perfect day for viewing the race. Nice and warm .

Bodes RV is just being used by the US trainers. Seems to work for them as they won today!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 22-12-07 18:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just back from Lech - fabulous conditions. If anyone's off there, don't forget the runs at Stuben. We were the only 2 on S3 yesterday! (Probably because it was in the shade) And.. there's loads of untracked off piste there. We skied over to St.Anton from Alpe-Rauz and a great time there too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will remain perfect winter condtions for next week.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has been pefrect winter skiing conditions the last two weeks.
Sunday all change. Cloud & snow for next few days .
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice few cms of fresh on the hill today. Made first tracks on Rendl.

Town is packed now for New year. Skiing best from 8:30 to 10:30.

Going to be changeble conditons for next 2 -3 days . Nothing Major expected.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton, thanks for the updates. We arrive on 6th, start skiing on 7th. Keeping fingers crossed for some nice top up snow this week followed by clear skies next week snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another few cms on the hill today. Early skiing was great. The partimers started to fil the slopes around 10:30 - 11:00 by which time the slopes are to crowded & its time to retire.
Light snow allday. Cold temps and getting colder -14C tomorrow in Stuben.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Artic cold today (-17C) , perfect POW in Zurs Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perfect condtions prevail. Superb off piste from rufikopf Lech /zurs . Still loads of untracked . Pay your money to Piste to Powder and go to where everyone goes , LOL !
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sunday

Powder Day. Avalanche conditions remain HIGH. 8 people killed in Austria this season . 1 person yesterday in Niederösterreich.

Forecast is for heavy rain on Monday

Alot of the early snow has avalanche unusually early down some slopes especially south facing (SteissBactal/happy valley). Locals theory is its because the was not cut this summer & was to long for the first heavy snowfalls.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 7-01-08 16:34; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
OK folks Wednesday onwards strong "föhn" winds from the south to a high elevation ( Mediterranean Warm winds) for a few days. Still enough snow to survive a couple of months of föhn Very Happy Very Happy

Snow possible Saturday !

http://wetter.networld.at/oesterreich/tirol/arlberg-galzig
snow conditions
Interesting changeble weather next few days . Southern "föhn" winds again for the weekend remaining cold and snowing on & off . Probable raining in town as freeze level is quite high 1500-2000M

ski holidays
Any update on the local conditions at StA? Snowforecast suggested that 20+ cm was possible over the weekend, but the snow reports suggest the actual was only 5cm.
ski holidays
Pretty much the same Southern "föhn" winds again for this week. Remaining below freezing. Yesterday snow higher up (few cms ) rain/sleet town. Possible Snow Wednesday !
ski holidays
carled, A little late but for the future we stayed at Haus Elisabeth in St Anton 5 min walk from Galzigbahn. It was resonably priced self catering for 4 possibly 5 people. They clean the room also for you every day which is quite refreshing when you have left you clothes all over the floor!
snow conditions
Temps around zero a bit of snow 10cms max, going to be warm . Next week. a bit of snow probably rain in town (not unusual) .

Dont panic full coverage, great skiing Very Happy
ski holidays
Cheers for the tip Plectrum!
snow conditions
Spring time conditions, warm föhn snow.

Standby for Tuesday Winter returns with Heavy Snowfall Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
As predicted Powder Day Tuesday

latest report
Is that site (wetter.network) usually accurate? It is showing no snow Sat/Sun, while snow-forecast is showing a dump and gale force winds?
ski holidays
It is quite accurate.

After todays snow and gale force wionds most lifts are closed

http://cms.feratel.at/prdc/cps/_show/index.jsp?ortsID=338

It will become mild again Wednesday,Thursday & then Friday will get colder & and some more snow , rain/sleet in town.

48hr Snowfall Outlook

https://afweather.afwa.af.mil/weather/met/met_home.html
ski holidays
Warm weather for next few days Freeze level above 2500 M !! Get out the Sunscreen. Spring has arrived early Very Happy
ski holidays
Nothing happening (POW) next few days ,in fact very springlike , enjoy !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok folks temps going down this weekend snow Sat & sun. Not much but at least some Happy
snow report
Snow is coming later today, continuing through the night. Possible long term snow from Friday (four days) Temperatures dropping to -10 degrees.

snow report
Ok folks here is the real ski report

Pistes great

Off Piste limited, new snow haha, certainly would not pay money to be guided in 10 cms of new snow , LOL !!

Some folks will & make other folks pretty rich Very Happy

Light snow fall next few days.

End of the day still sliding amy oof =piste is hiking outside away from St Anton.
latest report
any updates?? what is it like at the moment?

I have a weekend in Innsbruck and need to decide whether i jump on a train up to St Anton on Sat for the day or stay on the local Innsbruck slopes??

either way it invovles something white and slippery Very Happy
latest report
We had a nice dump a couple of days ago(over 30cms:). Now cloudless perfect conditions for next few days.
ski holidays
Saturday was blue sky and good pistes but very busy. Also saw the Mighty Welsh win against Scotland at Jacksys pub
snow report
rayscoops, Yes, thank you for confirming that it was 2 pub teams playing wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, well the pub team did turn over the 'aristocats' at HQ wink
snow report
Continuing perfect cloudless weather. Pefect condtions.Alot cooler today. Locals reckon March will be a huge month for snow Very Happy

Saturday best day of the week to ski Very Happy
ski holidays
Spent the day in St.Anton yesterday. VERY crowded over the St.Anton side, plus the off piste is quite rough right now. Wind blown crust, &broken frozen crud. I only skied it because I was desperate to get away from the crowds rolling eyes As usual it was a lot quieter over on the the Albona and we found a few patches of soft stuff (can't exactly call it powder) off the front by the Arlberg tunnel vent Madeye-Smiley . Good day all in all, but they need snow, and the degree of crowding there really is a bit worrying Shocked Think I'll wait till April before going back again!
snow report
Its Peak Season its allways crowded on the south side of St Anton this is particuarly so on Mondays & Fridays.

To avoid crowds ski Rendl on Mondays.

This year St Anton built 600 more beds. Next season there will be built another 600-1000 beds so expect it to get more crowded until they build the new lifts from Rendl to Kappl 2010 Very Happy
snow report
stanton,
Quote:
Its Peak Season its allways crowded on the south side of St Anton this is particuarly so on Mondays & Fridays.
Maybe so, but why should I pay over the odds to ski in a resort which is completely overcrowded when I can find a lot of other resorts that have almost no crowds and offer 'almost' as good skiing Puzzled Every time I go to St.A I remember that there was a reason why I stayed away for so long. Be it that the day pass prices are ludicrous, be it that they take seven € for parking at Rendl, be it that once you get up there you end up having to flee to the Albona to get away from the crowds or be it that the off piste is skied out in an instant whenever it really does snow. I know that Rendl is empty, but Rendl isn't particularly interesting with the exception of Hinterrendl, which is one of the areas with the highest avalanche death rates of any slope in the Alps Shocked I don't do Hinterrendl any more.
St.A is a great resort, out of season! I was in Lech before Xmas... fantastic. I've been in St.A in late April and even early May, fantastic. But at this time of year I think I'll just cross it off my list, even if it is only a two hour drive from Munich these days.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy