Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Uh oh - itchy trigger finger may have got me in trouble

Poster: A snowHead
Legend Pro XXL for USD360 on steepandcheap were too much to resist. i may have bitten off more than i can chew Shocked

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
whhhooohhh!! nice buy. makes me wish my trigger actually had something attached to it (credit card or similar).

You'll be fine, load and flow........

Will this make a difference to what you do with the DPS'? If you still get some new ones (you should) mount them up with the Dukes, put P18s on the XXLs and I'll take the blemmed DPS off your hands...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor, might be up for that, although the P18s are without brakes so it would rely on me sourcing a replacement brake unit incl spring (you don't know anyone who could help in that respect do you?). i do have some fks155s lying around looking for a good home tho... you around london this summer for a negotiation?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, You rang? 120mm ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, alpine binders no longer have a place in my quiver, but merci non the less! I've grown a beard (then shaved it off 'cos it was itchy as sin). BIGGIESMALLS can hook you up for a break I'm sure.

I'm off to Verbier crack of Monday, probably back for September, October & early November. Perfect for a pre-season re-arrange!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, anything big enough to go on the XXLs will do. do you have the bits to hand?

parlor, give me a shout when you're back. if i can resurrect the P18s, there may be a deal to be done

i think I am going to have to start driving to the Alps, such is the redonkulous quiver I am putting together Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno, I'll have a nose next time i'm over the workshop, otherwise i'll order the parts.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, very kind of you, sir
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
$360! Bargain! Why is it whenever I look on there it's chinos and foldaway chairs? Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bucking bronco, sign up for the daily dose email so you know what's coming
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno, nice shooting, Tex.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno,

Great score. If you decided you didn't want them (and I guess you won't) my bro might be interested think he's been eying them on tele-pyrenees.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob, so he's after something which stops him from turning all the time Twisted Evil
not that i'm a nerd or anything but the best price i've found at european online retailers is at www.powderhaus.de
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno,

Well, he handles those skis that shall be nameless better than anyone I've seen use them...

It could get scarey in LG... Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OI! Parlor!

I thought Jennie had banned you from buying any more skis?

Oh....I get it....she meant NEW skis, second hand don't count! wink
snow report
rungsp, B U S T E D I could try telling her I owned them all along??? Puzzled
snow report
parlor, I know people do that with shotguns!
snow report
rungsp wrote:
parlor, I know people do that with shotguns!

What? Convince the missus she's wrong? wink

Just found my local clay pigeon shoot if you get your backside out here at any point during the summer we can go dust some clays... Actually the guy who introduced me to the club is a "combat shooting" instructor... looking forward to some serious firearms abuse this summer... Very Happy
ski holidays
Parlor, ah, those were the days.
snow conditions
spyderjon, nice quiver! I'm down to a .22 air rifle now, non FAC but 12ft/lbs and plenty of fun. Had to give up my SC (no where to live) a few years ago, AYA sbs 12g & Beretta o/u 12g...
ski holidays
parlor, the shotgun in the cabinet is a Remy 11/87 semi-auto (Part 1 FAC) tricked-up for combat & bowling pin matches. It's 13rnd capacity tube caused a few raised eyebrows at the local clay shoots wink
snow conditions
spyderjon, did you see that Mick Shepherd was aquitted of all charges?

In case you missed it he was the "gangland armourer" arrested amid extreme publicity, house full of guns, TV and newspapers tipped off by the police when they entered his house. His arrest was all over the media and even merrited a thread in Apres as I recall.

Turned out he was an RFD, he was contracted by Kent Constabulary to act as store for their seized weapons.
Every single gun was correctly recorded on his licence.
Every single sale was legal.
All guns kept securely as appropriate.

Any press about his aquital? NONE!
snow report
spyderjon, awesome, when I was growing up a farmers son I knew had a 8 capacity, or something like that, pump action, SO boring when they moved it to 3. Not surprised the local clay shooters were shocked...
ski holidays
Arno,

What is the duty and post on those.... might take the 'good' off the price...??
snow report
JT, this is a fair point on SAC purchases. however, I still think I'll be very unlucky to pay much more than £250 (or USD500) all in. the cheapest i have seen these in european online retailers is EUR 499 excluding shipping
ski holidays
Arno,

They would go well on the train down to Chambery or Grenoble...Laughing so £250 should work out ok

I am just decding how to get some pants across...which are in Chicago as we speak....last time I brought some hiking boots it added about £70 to the cost which ruined it. Still, I couldn't get the boots in the UK anyway, so it was U.S or Europe.
ski holidays
JT, depends on who is sending them and how much they are prepared to do you a favour. my one downer on SAC/Backcountry.com etc is that they insist on using UPS who automatically pay import duty (don't have a problem with paying duty per se) then charge you £20 for the pleasure. I think USPS are a bit less formal about this - you can still pay duty if your conscience pushes you that way, but you don't get stung for the brokerage.
That's my understanding anyway - there are probably people on here who have done a bit more transatlantic dealing than me who might be able to chime in
snow report
 brian
brian
JT, if you get to choose the carrier, choose the bog standard USPS over UPS or FedEx or whoever. The couriers pay duties as a matter of course and then make some dosh out of you by charging a handling fee. With USPS your package may or may not (anecdotally I believe quite often not) get inspected by UK customs, but at least you won't get ripped off with fees.

I have also heard that having it shipped to your work address rather than home is a good tactic but I've no idea if there's any truth in that.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brian wrote:
I have also heard that having it shipped to your work address rather than home is a good tactic but I've no idea if there's any truth in that.

this has never worked for me Crying or Very sad
latest report
Arno,

My last one was Fedex.. in that it had that plastered all over it...I didn't pay much more attention as I was too numb from the duty price. Like you say, it wasn't the duty so much as the ''handling' grab.

My friend has them and can bring them over in Oct...but they are my new toy and I WANT THEM NOW sort of thing. Totally stupid as I will not wear them until the ski season starts anyway. I have too much stuff here already so will have to have sale as well.

Hopefully I will be able to push out 2 sets of FT pants and a GT jacket, plus other bits. They are worth a good home..
snow report
brian,

Good tip on UPS and Fedex...who have stung me a few times...!!!!

My friend can bundle them up as he pleases and chose the carrier.
snow report
a couple of years i recieved a package from fedex, a week or so later a bill arrived for duty and handling, mounted upto about £30 i think. Anyway i have never paid for it, and they have never asked for payment since the initial invoice. Bonus! Very Happy
latest report
Arno, I've SOLVED your problem... getting them sent to me in Switzerland, tax free... I'll bring them back to the UK for you... What do you think?
snow report
parlor, too late - they've shipped
that's a very kind offer though
ski holidays
 brian
brian
parlor, do Swiss customs not charge duty on skis then ? Puzzled
snow report
brian, I haven't the foggiest to be honest... worth a try though!

Arno, Oh well... may be next time Wink
latest report
Edit: delete double post...
snow report
parlor, maybe if I order those DPSs I'll get them sent to you. I WILL know if you've used them tho wink
latest report
Arno, sure the offer is open anytime!!!!! bbwwwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.......
snow report
rungsp wrote:
.......In case you missed it he was the "gangland armourer" arrested amid extreme publicity, house full of guns, TV and newspapers tipped off by the police when they entered his house. His arrest was all over the media and even merrited a thread in Apres as I recall...........

There's a lot of this happening, now and I cannot understand it. It smacks of "see us arrest the guilty ********s." Coverage of an arrest like that implies guilt to the viewer, IMO. Yet no prosecution may result (as in this case). An even if a prosecution does take place, then I think a fair trial is prejudiced.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy