Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brighton Girls to ski highest ski peak in the world

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two women from Brighton are setting off to a remote part of China to climb and ski the highest ski peak in the world.
Full story from the BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3662494.stm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, is one rude dog, and the other top cat?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is Everest not the highest ski peak in the world - Karnicar, Siffredi, Olson etc?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Couldn't see the clip, so don't know if it's for charity or something. If it is then please ignore the rest.

And?

This 'expedition' has been offered as a commercial ski trip for at least 10 years.

Glacier travel challenges? Yes
High altitude challenges? Yes
Technical ascent? No
Technical ski descent? No
Highest ski peak in the world? As fatbob quite rightly showed, NO
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Found the text version...
here
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks.

Must have been a slow news day in Devon. rolling eyes

And doesn't speak highly of the BBC's fact checker.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, just realised that boredmoderatin's geography isn't normally that far out (Brighton/Devon), so it could be a different story.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I could go on about these four for days, Suzy is the scariest woman alive.

www.lipstickblondes.com
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would argue that for it to be a "ski peak" the whole idea is that it's not a technical ascent or descent. I always think of a ski peak as something you can get to the top of on skins. Just because something has been skied does not make it a ski peak
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fair enough Arno, but this from the lipstickblondes web site

'Remote region - Unknown mountain - Extraordinary mountaineers'

Hardly an unknown mountain. A quick search on t'internet shows at least 10 commercial trips up Mustagh / Muztagh Ata this year alone.

The one lady in media is using her media clout to get some good publicity. A jolly in my books.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike Pow, fair enough. That sort of publicity kind of gets my goat too
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Where are the pics of the 4 blondes...are they hot..?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike Pow, They are indeed Jolly. They will be making a film about it too, so there will be lots of publicity. 3 of the four have been training hard, Carol (Media Clouter), hasn't. I think it's a great idea and an inspiration to many women, in what is traditionally, a male dominated field. Suzy and Squash are hardcore mountaineers, Ali and Carol will have their work cut out, but none the less, are deturmined to summit.

Quoting their site:
Ski-mountaineering is a fabulous sport that combines our love of endurance and adrenaline. Mustagata is known as the ‘highest ski peak in the World’, in a remote area of Chinese Central Asia. Ski-mountaineering is a very underexposed sport in the UK, but one which can appeal to anybody that enjoys skiing or snowboarding and simply going out for a day’s walk. We absolutely love this sport and want to share our passion and encourage others to try it out. With the film we will shoot we aim to ‘demystify’ the mountain, to show that it is not necessary to possess an ice encrusted beard to mountaineer. Our expedition will be a month of exertion, exhilaration and laughter.

Where did you find your quotes? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I find this whole thing extremely sexist.

If it was an all-male trip that was making a big deal of it being all-male, the hairy legged women's lib movement would be up in arms.

Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.lipstickblondes.com/documents.html

I direct you to these ladies efforts for inspiration to both women and men, and education to boot

http://www.chasingglaciers.com/
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
the hairy legged women's lib movement would be up in arms.

Gymnasts are they ?
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Are these the girls whoes liners LZK was insulating at the end of April ?
ski holidays
And if ALL 4 ladies don't take it seriously they will get a rude awakening.

It's a slog at extreme altitudes.
latest report
Dypcdiver, It was myself and another guy here that did the boots for the three skiers, not Mr Large.

Mike Pow, From the time I've spent with them (mainly Ali and Suzy), they appear to taking it very seriously. They've been spending A LOT of time ensuring their fitness is up to scratch.
snow conditions
A friend, Marc, skied it in 2003. He skied using climbing rather than ski boots which was not fun in the crusty conditions he found lower down. However he was one of the few skiers who didn't have frostbite. He felt the summit was a bit easy. He was co-guiding a group of Belgian skiers who all had trouble with the altitude and frostbite so not a summit to underestimate.
snow report
NAKEDZOOKEEPER, Oops slip of the keyboard, I havn't even met LZK, sorry Embarassed
snow report
Dypcdiver, I slipped into that bottle of Brandy you gave me, last night. I tap-danced the entire soundtrack of 'Singin' in the Rain'! Laughing
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Doesn't hurt in the morning either, Laughing unless you slide off your flipflops in the rain. Cool
snow conditions
Fair enough nakedzookeeper.

But still think that the chasing glaciers expedition is a more worthwhile endeavour.
snow report
Bit of a cross referenced post, but the gentleman in question POSSIBLY underestimated the magnitude of this endeavour.

http://snowheads.co.uk/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28390
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy