Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Summer 2007

Poster: A snowHead
When I got back on Saturday it was pretty cold. The snow level was lower than when I left about a month ago, and I haven't warmed up since! Shocked Boding well for the opening, and I'm hoping for a nicer day that last year which was foul. If it's a nice day I don't mind going up there to take pix! I'll take a pic when it clears a bit. It's rained hard this afternoon, and as it's not really cold, hopefully this'll be snow on the glacier. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, When is opening day?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wahey she's back, can't wait for the usual excellent pics to help us poor sods in the UK through summer Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
God yeh - thank goodness someone can keep us sane!!!!! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski wrote:
When I got back on Saturday it was pretty cold. The snow level was lower than when I left about a month ago, and I haven't warmed up since! Shocked Boding well for the opening, and I'm hoping for a nicer day that last year which was foul. If it's a nice day I don't mind going up there to take pix! I'll take a pic when it clears a bit. It's rained hard this afternoon, and as it's not really cold, hopefully this'll be snow on the glacier. Very Happy Very Happy

Should be good up top. The snowline hardly changed in May although it wasn't great going into the month.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well it's been raining again in the village overnight. It would seem as though it should be snow on the glacier, although maybe not all the way down to the bottom of Signal. Here's the pic from the glacier webcam this morning which is now online again. Very Happy Looks like fresh snow to me!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
this pic looks good too

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof, Looks like you've been cleverer than me! Very Happy I can see what appear to be skinning tracks up the back of ADH - wasn't you by any chance was it? I didn't take a photo as I know my camera won't pick them up well (see that one of the marmot!) Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski wrote:
davidof, Looks like you've been cleverer than me! Very Happy I can see what appear to be skinning tracks up the back of ADH - wasn't you by any chance was it? I didn't take a photo as I know my camera won't pick them up well (see that one of the marmot!) Laughing

if it had been me I would have called by to say hello.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've just spoken to one of the Pisteurs (Thomas - Brian's family's friend) who told me that there's been good drifting, and a fair bit of new snow in the interseason, so it's better than the start of last summer. As the beginning of last summer was pretty good, it bodes well. Very Happy

There may be some clubs up next week - if so I'll try to get up there and have a looksee. Otherwise I'll have to wait for 16th like everyone else. The problem will be time as I have so much to do at the mo. Question
ski holidays
 brian
brian
easiski, very much our favourite pisteur Very Happy (well along with the English tele queen, is she a pisteuse ?)

Is that the top of Roche Mantel in davidof's pic ? The snowline across the valley still looks quite low Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, Looks like there to me. ~for this time of year the snowline over there is pretty low. It all goes in the end on the mountains you can see.

Heather is a perchiste not a pisteur(euse?). Not sure if there's a female version of the word. Puzzled

Sunny and warm today, but not hot - all good stuff. T shirts OK though in town. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, Am soooo happy to see the summer version of your fab reports up and running Very Happy Will try and imprint views on inside of eyeballs for Tuesday at MK for Megamums birthday trip Madeye-Smiley . Not quite counting the days (bit short of fingers n toes with over a month to go) till we are back in LDA but certainly hoping to have a great new experience in summer skiing Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Late starter, You'll love it, just a shame you're not crossing over with Annie and Jnr Annie.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski, will the glacier be open in mid September?
latest report
Richard E, No - we close on 2nd September this year. Sorry. Sad
snow conditions
pouring with rain today - hope it's snowing higher up! Very Happy
ski holidays
It's just cleared up a bit (although it's still raining and forecast to continue all day). It's deffo getting a bit colder and there's a dusting of snow at around 2,500m . Ooh - maybe a powder day tomorrow. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Just got back from the west of France and I can see that it has snowed above 2500 meters but it is quite hot today so a wet powder day tomorrow!
latest report
davidof, Any fresh in summer = powder! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
easiski,
keep it coming. 1 month to go and then snow again. snowHead
snow conditions
easiski...keep us posted hitting the glacier last wk June
latest report
easiski, Looks like we'll be skiing instead of fitting the new kitchen, etc rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
Wait for tomorrow - there will be pix. Going to try to go up at a decent hour as I have amillion things to do and don't want to get caught in the rush hour to get down. Boots ready, I'm just going to put the camera in my pocket, liftpass already in .... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
easiski, looking forward to them already. A bit sad we're not coming out this summer, the kids are already threatening mutiny !

Might be a twin centre job next year. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian, Very Happy Very Happy I shall certainly miss seeing you guys this summer - I suppose it's too far to come for the day? I'll say hi to Heather and Thomas for you and all the family. Very Happy
latest report
 brian
brian
easiski, thanks. Yes, a bit far for a day. Would be 4 hours plus I think.
snow conditions
easiski, there must be huge snow at the top. It has rained nearly every day for the last 10 days.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Please note Pix are right to left
So off I went on a nice morning, but apparently with a bit of a breeze up top. It wasn't very warm to be sure. First a photo of the bike park, so all the mountain bikers on snowheads

Next we see that the Grand Couloir is (almost) still skiable - although it would take a pretty adventurous person to attempt it.
Shocked

Following this we have a view of the "snowheads corner powder stash" (actually called Grand Nord Bis. Still some pow there. this is just below 2,600m.

Having then arrived at 2,600 I took a picture of the Toura - still clearly skiable if anyone wanted to skin up it - it would hold nice tracks. Very Happy

A little bit higher we can see 3 big couloirs. L - R is "Arnos Descent", Grand Creux and then Lac Noir. Only Arnos is not a piste - maybe next time I'm up?

One more photo and then my batteries packed up - bah! Twisted Evil Sorry about that - got too carried away on the way up. This is of tracks on the Dome side of the glacier.

I skied up on the Puy Salie to the right in the fresh snow, but it was only a little bit and the snow underneath was very hard and lumpy. It was slightly windblown crusty over towards the Snowheads Wall, so I just skied down at the side. I went up again and skied down the Dome side and then the red part of the Dome which was an interesting mix of hard spring-like snow and windblown stuff. then I took to the bottom of the Echines and found much of the same. The snow got softer down towards the bottom of Signal, and was much nicer. Up Signal after a nice chat with English Derby heroine Heather (Brian she's sorry she won't be seeing you this summer and sends her regards). I then skied down the Envers du Signal (the really ridiculously steep red off the back of the Signal chair), Serre Palas, Breche to the little gully at the top of the last part of the Breche. The main slope wasn't skiable but I was expecting to find a good stash in the gully - WRONG! rolling eyes Anyway I had to sideslip a bit, but then it was possible to ski and over to the Goulet du Lac Noir. Another sideslip and then a traverse onto the bottom of the boardercross track and so as far as the red cross hut by the Toura lift. A short walk up to 2,600 and home. The snow on the descent to 2,600 was very nice indeed, and I got back there are 12.00. Very Happy

I probably won't have time to go up again until I work on Weds (didn't really have time today!), but winter snow in the middle of June is not half bad. The only even vaguely slushy stuff was right at the bottom of Signal. A bit soft at the bottom of Toura, but other wise excellent! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I forgot to include the pic of the rebuilding of the burnt down Toura restaurant. Here it is.
ski holidays
easiski, there realy was nothing left ! wow. I hope it is built back to a similar style & quality of pizza !
ski holidays
lampbus, They appear to be building it in concrete this time. I expext they'll clad it though to make it look "mountainy". Shocked
snow report
Sounding very encouraging so far, tho some of that is just a bit out of my league just yet Laughing
latest report
It's been distinctly cooler the last couple of days, but I haven't been up again. Today it's sunny and looking nice. A cool-ish night though, so good re-freeze whatever to keep the snow in reasonable condition. Very Happy I'll be up working tomorrow morning. Very Happy
latest report
It was a nice day today, as the photo shows. However it was very warm, although extremely windy, so on top of the glacier it felt a lot colder.

We had a good time though, but the snow was getting pretty slushy by 12.45. Colder weather is forecast, so that should improve things. On the whole it's not bad though - but my tracks from Sat have been rained away. Sad If you compare the 2nd pic with the one from Sat, you can see how much snow has disappeared in the last 4 days. Sad Still plenty left though. Very Happy
snow report
A line named after me Embarassed

Immortal at last! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Arno, Looked a bit better on Sat than when we skied it last year. Very Happy It's still a bit better, but it's just rained and it's still pretty warm, so I guess it's raining on the glacier too. Thunder rolling around - normal for summer. Very Happy
snow report
my son went today, he left here at 7.30 to discover on arrival that it was closed Sad so he's now back in bed!
snow report
I'm heading there next month, is the VFD bus from grenoble running?
snow report
SiMania, yes - how are you getting to Grenoble? Buses should be on holiday time then so a bit more frequent than currently.

snowangel., You beat me to it - glacier closed all day due to 90kph winds! Yes - you read that right! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy