Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

School holidays 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Details of French School Holidays below

Seem to be 22 December - 6th January, then 9 February - 10 March (the last date in each period being the date they return to school). The weeks 23 February to 10 March include the Paris area, making this the key time to avoid.

Annie wrote:
Came across this site:

http://www.feiertagskalender.ch/ferien.php?geo=0&jahr=2007&klasse=5&hl=en

which may or may not be useful to those of you looking for school holiday dates outside France.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't the french schools have any Easter holidays???
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, yes they do!

Start of term: Lundi 3 septembre 2007/Mardi 4 septembre 2007

Halloween: Samedi 27 octobre 2007 - Jeudi 8 novembre 2007

Christmas: Samedi 22 décembre 2007 - Lundi 7 janvier 2008

Winter: Samedi 9 février 2008 - Lundi 25 février 2008 (zone B)
Samedi 16 février 2008 - Lundi 3 mars 2008 (zone A)
Samedi 23 février 2008 - Lundi 10 mars 2008 (zone C)

Spring: Samedi 5 avril 2008 - Lundi 21 avril 2008 (zone B)
Samedi 12 avril 2008 - Lundi 28 avril 2008 (zone A)
Samedi 19 avril 2008 - Lundi 5 mai 2008 (zone C)

Summer holidays start: Jeudi 3 juillet 2008

Zone A: Caen, Clermont-Ferrand, Grenoble, Lyon, Montpellier, Nancy-Metz, Nantes, Rennes, Toulouse.
Zone B: Aix-Marseille, Amiens, Besançon, Dijon, Lille, Limoges, Nice, Orléans-Tours, Poitiers, Reims, Rouen, Strasbourg.
Zone C: Bordeaux, Créteil, Paris, Versailles.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 1-05-07 8:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat, Well done! That should be made a sticky, the question is asked so often Toofy Grin
(May need to be translated first Laughing )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, ok, just for you...

Rentrée des enseignants/des élèves: Monday 3 September 2007/Tuesday 4 September 2007

Toussaint: Saturday 27 October 2007 - Thursday 8 November 2007

Noël: Saturday 22 December 2007 - Monday 7 January 2008

Hiver: Saturday 9 February 2008 - Monday 25 February 2008 (zone B)
Saturday 16 February 2008 - Monday 3 March 2008 (zone A)
Saturday 23 February 2008 - Monday 10 March 2008 (zone C)

Printemps: Saturday 5 April 2008 - Monday 21 April 2008 (zone B)
Saturday 12 April 2008 - Monday 28 April 2008 (zone A)
Saturday 19 April 2008 - Monday 5 May 2008 (zone C)

Début des vacances d'été: Thursday 3 July 2008
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, Laughing Your French has come on so well : Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been practising the tongue...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, Shocked Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, Spring
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
But the Spring holidays don't make much difference, it's those February/March ones which are the main problem as that's when the French seem to favour going skiing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Presumably the blighters also have Easter weekend as well or can we assume that coming so soon after half term they won't be around then?

Anyone care to map UK holidays onto this as well so we can keep track of the little people & their entourages (& avoid them like the plague Laughing )
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fatbob, UK 9-24th Feb, 22nd March to 20th April (some private scholls may be different.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
harumph! my usual ski-packed March looks like it will be disrupted by bleedin kids Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Most scholls Darn Sarf are having a long weekend for Easter (21 March-24 March) next year and then having the End of term holiday from April 2nd 2008 to 21st April 2008

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 1-05-07 14:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For those who are planning ahead...

2008/09
Rentrée: Lundi 1er septembre 2008/Mardi 2 septembre 2008

Toussaint: Samedi 25 octobre 2008 - Jeudi 6 novembre 2008

Noël: Samedi 20 décembre 2008 - Lundi 5 janvier 2009

Hiver: Samedi 7 février 2009 - Lundi 23 février 2009 (zone A)
Samedi 14 février 2009 - Lundi 2 mars 2009 (zone C)
Samedi 21 février 2009 - Lundi 9 mars 2009 (zone B)

Printemps: Samedi 4 avril 2009 - Lundi 20 avril 2009 (zone A)
Samedi 18 avril 2009 - Lundi 4 mai 2009 (zone B)
Samedi 11 avril 2009 - Lundi 27 avril 2009

Début des vacances d’été: Jeudi 2 juillet 2009

2009/10
Rentrée: Mardi 1er septembre 2009/Mercredi 2 septembre 2009

Toussaint: Samedi 24 octobre 2009 - Jeudi 5 novembre 2009

Noël: Samedi 19 décembre 2009 - Lundi 4 janvier 2010

Hiver: Samedi 6 février 2010 - Lundi 22 février 2010 (zone B)
Samedi 13 février 2010 - Lundi 1er mars 2010 (zone A)
Samedi 20 février 2010 - Lundi 8 mars 2010 (zone C)

Printemps: Samedi 3 avril 2010 - Lundi 19 avril 2010 (zone B)
Samedi 10 avril 2010 - Lundi 26 avril 2010 (zone A)
Samedi 17 avril 2010 - Lundi 3 mai 2010 (zone C)

Début des vacances d’été: Vendredi 2 juillet 2010

(I apologise if there are any errors in the facts I have posted, I'm sure someone will dive in to correct them.)

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 1-05-07 14:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
boredsurfin, gosh the medically orientated footwear brigade are doing well for holidays this year wink
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat,

Allow me!
Very Happy
Pour ceux qui planifient pour l'avenir…

2008/09 Re-entry: Monday September 1, 2008 /Tuesday September 2, 2008 All Saints' day [/b]: Saturday October 25, 2008 to Thursday November 6, 2008 Christmas: Saturday December 20, 2008 to Monday January 5, 2009 Winter: Saturday February 7, 2009 to Monday February 23, 2009 (zone A) Saturday February 14, 2009 to Monday March 2, 2009 (zone C) Saturday February 21, 2009 to Monday March 9, 2009 (zone B) Spring: Saturday April 4, 2009 to Monday April 20, 2009 (zone A) Saturday April 18, 2009 to Monday May 4, 2009 (zone B) Saturday April 11, 2009 to Monday April 27, 2009 Beginning of the summer holidays: Thursday July 2, 2009 2009/10 Re-entry: Tuesday September 1, 2009 /Wednesday September 2, 2009 All Saints' day [/b]: Saturday October 24, 2009 to Thursday November 5, 2009 Christmas: Saturday December 19, 2009 to Monday January 4, 2010 Winter: Saturday February 6, 2010 to Monday February 22, 2010 (zone B) Saturday February 13, 2010 to Monday March 1, 2010 (zone A) Saturday February 20, 2010 to Monday March 8, 2010 (zone C) Spring: Saturday April 3, 2010 to Monday April 19, 2010 (zone B) Saturday April 10, 2010 to Monday April 26, 2010 (zone A) Saturday April 17, 2010 to Monday May 3, 2010 (zone C) Beginning of the summer holidays: Friday July 2, 2010

(Je fais des excuses s'il y a des erreurs dans les faits que j'ai signalés, je suis sûr que quelqu'un plongera dedans pour les corriger.)
whichever happens, there isn't going to be much of March for school free time.
snow conditions
Quote:
whichever happens, there isn't going to be much of March for school free time.

nor of February, either.
snow report
And most of April too.
ski holidays
I've only just thought about it but next season is a bit screwed up from a punter perspective (I'm sure property owners will be loving it as more liklihood of peak season rentals).

Between the Xmas fortnight and Easter there are only 10 weekends, 4 of which fall in February so the opportunities for sneaking in lots of weekends away between main ski trips look limited (ok so I'm greedy!) and the news of UK "Easter" school holidays falling in April is a real end of season blow.

Its not even as though those with kids will benefit much - theydon't actually get significantly more time off its just spread.
latest report
For those of you with a 'trade' interest please follow this link to UK school Holidays county by county.

http://www.swtourism.co.uk/_assets/documents/support/school%20holidays%202008-9%20master.pdf

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 8-01-08 15:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Thanks very much for all this info, folks. See ya kid-free folks on the slopes somewhere 8/9- 22/23 March - very close to the optimum kid-free fortnight this year, in fact.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
fatbob, not great for property owners. The peak weeks sell themselves anyway but this year we got the quiet bit in March booked right out because conditions were good. Next year I would think April will be pretty much deader than a dead thing.
latest report
brian,

You might be right as the easter weekend might just screw up 2 regular weeks of bookings while not enabling families to get away. But then you're really into the German and Swiss market IIRC which might be different again - never mind GFS modelling a multi country kid's holiday planner is probably needed wink

I'd have though 1st week in April would be a big seller for UK families if the holiday has been shifted to after Easter. Anyway LG doesn't have many kid's groups wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
fatbob, we're taking 1st week in April ourselves. Actually thinking about it, there'll probably only be one more week, could be a wee extension to that in the offing. wink

We were in French holiday time in LG weren't we ? I think I only saw about 2 kids. Bizarre considering 100% of the marked runs are easy blues wink
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Thanks very much for all this info, folks. See ya kid-free folks on the slopes somewhere 8/9- 22/23 March - very close to the optimum kid-free fortnight this year, in fact.

Looks like that's when we'll be there too! Also a couple of weeks before Feb 9th.

I cant believe how little time they spend at school these days Shocked Confused
snow report
geri, more that the holidays are all staggered from one authority to another, instead of all being at the same time. We have tried for about 4 years to get an Easter holiday with friends.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, I know. My brother has 1 child at an essex school & 1 at a suffolk one rolling eyes He has had problems getting them both out of school at the same time
latest report
English school Holidays by County for 2008/2009
http://www.swtourism.co.uk/_assets/documents/support/school%20holidays%202008-9%20master.pdf
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Hi, we are trying to organise a last minute ski trip this year, I don't suppose you have the same info for 2007/2008 - I can't seem to get the all the UK dates for school holidays in one place.

Cheers
snow report
Ski Babe, welcome to Snowheads. What info exactly are you looking for? I don' think there's much missing from the posts above. When are you thinking of going? The problem with Easter this year is that because it's early, there are loads of different holiday patterns. You can get a shrewd idea by looking at brochure prices. But Easter is not such a busy time as February, anyway. The weeks to avoid are the 4 weeks from February.
ski holidays
Ski Babe, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

2007/08 dates are

w/c Feb 9th & w/c Feb 16th - 1/2 term weeks
w/c Mar 22nd, Mar 29th, Apr 5th & April 12th - Easter hols
snow report
pam w, Elizabeth B, Thanks for the welcome - what a fantastic forum!

I was hoping that boredsurfin, had a copy of the PDF for 2007/08 as it showed all the UK dates in one place. From what I could work out most of the posts above seem to be refering to 2008/09 or French school holidays.

We have always avoided Easter simlpy because everyone I seem to speak to here in the north goes skiing with their kids at that time.

However the kids in my area are off school WC 16th March 08 & WC 24th March 08 but from what I can work out a least two other areas finish on 20th March 08 and return on 7th April 08.

Looking at your reply Elizabeth B, it would appear that the French are off WC 5th April 08 & WC 12th April 08

This is all very confusing. Puzzled

Thanks
latest report
Wow. I hadn't realised that any English schools were having w/c 16th March off. That's really early. They'll only have a 5 week 1/2 term Shocked
snow report
I know it is crazy - school for 5 weeks, off for a week (1/2 term) back for 4 weeks, then off for two weeks (Easter)

I wish I was still at school!!!!!!
latest report
For those who like their forward planning, and believe me as a teacher, I am planning way ahead for my holidays, all schools in England and Wales (apart from Plymouth apparently) have the same half term and easter holidays for Spring term 2008. This is the first time for many years this has happened.

So expect peak rates to be daft around then!!
snow report
Ski Babe, Hi
2007/8 dates here
http://www.swtourism.co.uk/_assets/documents/support/school%20holidays%202007-8master.pdf
latest report
boredsurfin, You are a star! Thanks. Very Happy
ski holidays
pitchski, I think you mean 2009 Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy