Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires childcare

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all-now that we are in the fag-end of the ski season, I hope there are still people reading the forum!

Anyway, am already planning a school trip to Les Menuires next Easter, and have been told by Mrs Hound in no uncertain terms that the only way I'm going is if I bring along the wife and kids. Will be 21 months and 7 months by then.
So I am investigating childcare options, and wondered if anyone has used the resort creche and so knows if it is any good? I think it's called the Piou Piou nursary.

Plan A is a nanny for the week, but they seem a bit thin on the ground-any recommendations for these would also be gratefully received. I have only found the Lesfarafets agency, but they are proving quite hard to get hold of.

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowhound, I doubt you will find a nursery/creche that will accept babies as young as 7 months, in our village the youngest the very good creche/nursery will take is 18mths. You should find that the local Tourist office will have a list of child minders, but they will not have been vetted.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
“Nursery(from 3 to 30 months), at the Piou- Piou village in La Croisette only. Medical certificate and reservation obligatory.” –From the web site

http://www.lesmenuires.com/en/plan_your_stay/children.html

We stayed at les Bruyeres and the Piou Piou, was in the center we never went to the child care place in La Croisette.

I will have a 8 1/2 month old by Christmas and expect to go back to LM, I would struggle to persuade myself the hall was good enough in Les Bruyeres for a 7 month old I suppose it may depend if they are crawling as at least then they could get around and are a little more independent, but defiantly i wouldn't leave the little on there all day - personal preference i suppose. I intend to either find a nanny there or take one with me..(rich friends with nannies)..hoping they won't need them at New Year
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that. We are only getting childcare for mornings-and one of us will go and collect at lunchtime.

Life seemed so easy before babies arrived...I read an interesting article in the Telegraph about ski resort childcare. Basically said, don't trust the resort creches as they can be very variable in quality!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/core/Content/displayPrintable.jhtml?xml=/travel/exclusions/Supplements/winterski/winterfamily.xml&site=3&page=0

Ho hum-will keep trying to get through to lesfarfadets.

Any more recommendations out there?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I forgot to say we have one 6 yr old (she was with two friends and the friends’ two 4 year old brothers.

We used the ski school for the girls and the boys were in a nursery Ski school (part of Piou Piou but with skiing as well). we found the girls moaned about the ski school so to save our skiing we got an instructor for the week for the mornings for the girls..the boys did ok in Piou piou...One of the good things we did was to get then booked in for lunch it gives us more time to ski (significantly more as the ski school was 9-12.30 and then lunch til 2pm).. we could then have lunch and watch the kids sledging or skip lunch and take them out skiing..

Good Luck if after you have booked one (a nanny) let me know where from as we're interested for next Christmas but of course have done nothing to date..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks.
The only nanny service I have found is the Fafadets (sp?), with the Croisette Piou-Piou resort creche taking from 3 months. I'm getting our Head of French to phone up the Tourist Office tomorrow to see if they know of any other nanny services.

We are using SkiPlan for our school trip, and they are looking into options for us as well.

Will keep you posted as and when.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy