Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith Verbier Gap Course.

Poster: A snowHead
eng_ch, fair enough Smile

Spyderman it depeneds where you are, you can certainly hire boats in the uk and europe without any qualifications as long as they think you know what you're talking about!!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman wrote:
I still question the entry requirements just being a telephone interview, which is why I have been more critical of the Warren Smith course, than the one's provided by New Gen, which involve a ski test. .

To that, Warren Smith offered this explanation:

"When people sign up for our GAP year course they have usually skied with us before or we catch up with them at the Sno!Zone centres at Xscape."

I've not taken any course by Warren Smith, nor do I plan to do the GAP. I read the whole thread in one go. As a bystander of sort, I do get the following impression...

spyderman, this is nothing personal. But I do find your entire arguement rather unfairly biased.

First, you posted something that's incorrect, which you apologize. That's fair enough.

But then, you went on use various minor points to critisize the course: e.g. lower passing rate, phone interview, etc. Each of those critisism has been specifically answered in Warren Smith's initial responds, which you appearently didn't bother to read.

You just keep changing the arguement though it's clear you have some problem with Warren Smith's course.

Spyderman wrote:
I do object though to the way Gap courses are promoted and sold.

You're free to have your view. But given how this thread was started and progressed, can anyone take any of your arguements seriously?

Spyderman wrote:
Looks like a case of buyer beware.

That goes both ways, the clinic, and the critic.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 23-04-07 17:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eng_ch wrote:
And maybe because there's no other way of gaining some objective qualification of (piece of paper for) your skiing performance as an adult without including the instruction element? .

the clock on a race course is TOTALLY objective... nothing subjective in it...

not everyone's preferred option but there IS another way....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
little tiger wrote:
eng_ch wrote:
And maybe because there's no other way of gaining some objective qualification of (piece of paper for) your skiing performance as an adult without including the instruction element? .

But as I said further up, it doesn't cover the all-round conditions thing, only speed on a race course.

EDit: perhaps I should also clarify that by "objective" I mean by another person i.e. not using just relying on your assessment of your abilities.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
abc wrote:

You just keep changing the arguement though it's clear you have some problem with Warren Smith's course.

I smell a rat. Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
abc,
Quote:

First, you posted something that's incorrect, which you apologize. That's fair enough.

But then, you went on use various minor points to critisize the course: e.g. lower passing rate, phone interview, etc. Each of those critisism has been specifically answered in Warren Smith's initial responds, which you appearently didn't bother to read.

The lower pass rate is undisputed. The phone interview is lifted straight from the 'Warren Smith Academy' website, unedited.
I have had no answer to my question as to why 'New Generation' is promoted as a Gap course provider by BASI and 'Warren Smith Academy' is not.
The buyer beware statement, was made before a response from Warren Smith, but I still think it is valid, before anyone books on any Gap course.
I fully read the replies by all parties. What part of my arguement, do you find unfairly biased?

bh1, I do have a problem with Gap courses, as stated earlier, by the way they are promoted and sold. Yes, I probably have more of a problem with Warren Smith's course.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can see that there may be cases where those on a course with no intention of teaching may adversely affect the performance and chances of those who are intending to do so, but it could be just as validly argued that it's just as selfish for those set on a ski teaching career to deprive "trophy hunters" of a widely recognised qualification to confirm to themselves and others their skiing credentials. Anyway, as long as BASI courses are offered on a commercial basis, anyone can do them if they're willing to pay. If BASI had a problem with this, they'd do something about it. As long as standards for making the grade were maintained I don't think they'd see much of a problem, and indeed it's this maintenance of standards that would keep the qualification attractive to career ski teachers and trophy hunters alike.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've lost the will to live reading this thread.

I've finished teaching here for the season.

I'm now going skiing, fantastic snow conditions here still.

Some fast big mountain turns, I think. Then some steeps. Maybe some bumps too.

la la la snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
slikedges, nothing wrong with trying to bag a trophy as long as you put in the effort and have the skills to do it and subsequently pass. however when you 10 out of 10 fail it doesnt sound good. that isnt holding a standard for making the grade.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret wrote:
slikedges, nothing wrong with trying to bag a trophy as long as you put in the effort and have the skills to do it and subsequently pass. however when you 10 out of 10 fail it doesnt sound good. that isnt holding a standard for making the grade.....

Glad you agree there's nothing in principle wrong with just wanting the qualification. However, the standard that needs maintaining for the sake of the value of the qualification is not the standard of entrant but the standard of those successfully awarded it. In this context the number who failed to make the grade may in fact be construed to testify to the maintenance of a high standard.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eng_ch wrote:
little tiger wrote:
eng_ch wrote:

But as I said further up, it doesn't cover the all-round conditions thing, only speed on a race course.

EDit: perhaps I should also clarify that by "objective" I mean by another person i.e. not using just relying on your assessment of your abilities.

so you honestly believe the skills required to race FAST are different to those required to ski in other situations?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret wrote:

It goes to the heart of the question whether it's 20 out of 28 (minor 3 who quit before the end) pass vs. 10 out of 10 fail.

If it's the later (10 out of 10 fail), then one can indeed say some of the participants didn't "put in the effort and have the skills".

If, however, it's the former 20 out of 28 (or 25?) pass, I would feel it's a justifiable high standard that makes the qual worthwile in the first place.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
little tiger wrote:
eng_ch wrote:
little tiger wrote:
eng_ch wrote:

so you honestly believe the skills required to race FAST are different to those required to ski in other situations?

That's not what I said. I'm talking environments, not just (transferable) skills - how do you learn that skills are transferable until you've experienced a wide variety of environments? It's this "holistic" approach, for want of a better word, that seems to be missing from the offerings for people who want to spend some time improving their skiing which many of the instructor courses seem to offer.

In any case, would you say the skills for racing on sheet ice and for skiing thigh deep powder are identical?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eng_ch wrote:
would you say the skills for racing on sheet ice and for skiing thigh deep powder are identical?

Expert skiing is composed of a highly refined stable of foundation skills. The environment dictates how that skill base is recruited, blended and applied. The more refined the skill base, the better a skier can thrive in any particular environment, be in bumps, steeps, powder, groomers, off piste, or race course.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FastMan wrote:
eng_ch wrote:
would you say the skills for racing on sheet ice and for skiing thigh deep powder are identical?

Expert skiing is composed of a highly refined stable of foundation skills. The environment dictates how that skill base is recruited, blended and applied. The more refined the skill base, the better a skier can thrive in any particular environment, be in bumps, steeps, powder, groomers, off piste, or race course.

Hooray for common sense! Fastman thanks for saying what I believe to be the case, but in a much better way than I've been able to in previous threads when this issue has been discussed.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
FastMan wrote:
eng_ch wrote:

Hooray for common sense! Fastman thanks for saying what I believe to be the case, but in a much better way than I've been able to in previous threads when this issue has been discussed.

rob@rar

me too.... i can never say it properly.... Fastman is much more articulate than I will ever be
latest report
rob@rar, I think the question may be whether recruitment and blending at least may not be skills as well.
snow report
Thought about this thread last night and it would be interested to hear from someone in the know about GAP courses that could answer some points for me. I am not trying to give Warren Smiths school a hard time but am genuinely interested in learning about the merits of a GAP course versus the Trainee Instructor / Instructor course route in the future for my daughter.
===========
Warren has a lot of interest in his excellent GAP courses. So much that he can stream the candidates into 4 groups. According to Warren, the bottom group are there primarily for performance improvement, to quote:

Quote:

GROUP 1 is people generally looking to build confidence and change their skiing so they can ski all mountain terrain, carve effectively, ski moguls with control and tackle steeps without feeling intimidated.

That level of technical ability doesn’t sound ready to become BASI instructors even with 9 weeks of training.

The BASI Trainer initially fails all 10 of 10 in this lower group. Then,,,,, they organize a re sit??

Why did this re sit occur? How many passed the second exam?

Why did they organize a re sit if this group was there mainly for “building confidence and to carve effectively”.?

How long does the BASI trainer spend with the GAP group to make his/her assessment?

Are the students taught by non BASI trainers and then given a Test of some description by a BASI trainer/examiner?

The two week instructor course is mainly graded on a continual assessment basis. The trainer is with you the full 2 weeks and only towards the last few days are you "graded" on specific elements, typically if you are on the edge of a pass in that particular skill. Their determination is checked for consistency by another trainer and each candidate reviewed.

I am amazed that 10 of 10 failed by a trainer on one day only to be reversed and are then magically at Ski Instructor level the next day.
ski holidays
skimottaret, I think much of this is down to expectation. My daughter has just signed up (and we've paid the deposit) to do a 10 week gap course with Peak Leaders in Zermatt form January to March 2008. She will be 19 when the course starts.

By way of preparation she has been skiing on snow since she was 6, generally 2-3 weeks each year, and in the last two years has been learning to race on plastic (although she has been rather deterred by a bout of concussion) and in the next few weeks should complete her Club Instructor award for teaching on plastic (after a year of personal performance and practice teaching sessions).

She will never (I think) be a full-time ski instructor, but has wanted to have the qualification for some years and we have encouraged her to develop her skills with this in mind.

I know nothing of the Warren Smith course, but I expect the pass rate will depend very much on the experience and aptitude of the participants. When I spoke to Peak Leaders they seemed to think someone with the experience of our daughter should have no real difficulty in qualifying and I now understand that all of the Zermatt group were successful this year.

I can only repeat that planning and preparation are in my view important for success in this endeavour, much as in any other situation.
ski holidays
I think overall the moral of this thread is that if you simply want a ski instructor qualification simply for bragging rights/measurement of ability consider another system than BASI. I am led to understand that Level 1 (lowest level) in the Canadian system can be achieved with only a few weeks experience on snow assuming a basic level of athleticism and motivation. Technically this won't require you to be teaching much beyond basic snowplough and intro to parallel I suspect.

There is an implicit acknowledgement in the Canadian system that level 1 instructors aren't necessarily very good skiers and in fact the more progressive ski schools like WB then offer daily paid coaching sessions to all instructors to continue their development.

I think its great that Warren has got involved to respond directly to the rumours.

Personally I am sceptical of the value of GAP courses for many participants although I can see they have become a lucrative piece of the seasonnaire market and they suit some people's needs very well e.g. if they do not have the time/inclination/confidence to oragnise a season themselves or they have a genuine requirement for an Instructor qualification within a tight timeframe.
snow report
Derek Jackson, sounds like your daughter is more than capable and has the committment to succeed, especially after gaining her CI badge. i agree that preparation and planning are very important but i think commitment and motivation are very important as well and good luck to her snowHead

I still think something isnt right between BASI and warren smiths academy as per my last post.

fatbob, good point on the Canadian badge as an alternative, as it is easier to get but it is still meant to be an instructors certificate not just a performance validation.
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
I think overall the moral of this thread is that if you simply want a ski instructor qualification simply for bragging rights/measurement of ability consider another system than BASI.

Why? Sounds like a good'un to me - high standards=kudos.

fatbob wrote:

I am led to understand that Level 1 (lowest level) in the Canadian system can be achieved with only a few weeks experience on snow assuming a basic level of athleticism and motivation...There is an implicit acknowledgement in the Canadian system that level 1 instructors aren't necessarily very good skiers...

Who'd want to bother with CSIA I then? Worthless IMV (except as a stepping stone to CSIA II)
ski holidays
Having looked into CSIA as an alternative to BASI it is clear that CSIA 1 is indeed not a teaching qualification, just a stepping stone.
BASI has the same system.

CSIA2 and BASI 3 give the same access to the job market in terms of qualification.
latest report
rungsp, i am told by those that have both canadian and BASI that the basi 3 is between a csia 2 and 3 in terms of difficulty to get. in terms of access to job market really depends where you are teaching...
ski holidays
skimottaret, please don't take this as gospel but my understanding is - If you feel your skiing is of suficient standard, you can book to do the Trainee Instructor course directly with BASI. There are a number run throughout the Alps and in Scotland. You attend the course, and if your skiing and understanding of the technical and teching aspects is good enough you will 'pass' the assessment and become a trainee instructor. You cannot teach with this. You are also given feedback as to what you need to improve in your skiing/teaching/understanding before attending the Ski Instructor course. You then need to get 70 hours of experience with an approved ski school, mainly by shadowing qualified instructors or teaching novice skiers. Having got this, you can then present yourself for the Ski Instructor assessment, which takes 10 days. If you pass you are a BASI Ski Instructor (BASI 3 in old parlance).
The GAP courses are designed to offer training so that you are of sufficient standard to pass the exams, both in terms of you skiing and also your understanding of the technical aspects of skiing and how to teach. BASI run official GAP courses, then there are people like Warren who run courses based on the BASI syllabus. Under neither course are you guaranteed to pass. As Warren pointed out in his post his (and other) GAP courses are also designed to improve skiing ability, beyond the requirements of the BASI syllabus - including freeride, freestyle and moguls.
If you want to know more give I would e-mail Warren, I'm sure he'd give you a really good idea of what's involved and why he does things the way he does. I would also have a look at BASI's website. As I said in an earlier post I've met a lot of his GAP students over the last three years and they have all been very happy with how things have gone
ski holidays
slikedges,
Quote:

Who'd want to bother with CSIA I then? Worthless IMV (except as a stepping stone to CSIA II)

You can no longer gain direct access to CSIA II, by holding the Scottish ASSI qualification, as you could up until 3 years ago, so if you want to go the CSIA route, you must do grade I first.

rungsp,

Quote:

Having looked into CSIA as an alternative to BASI it is clear that CSIA 1 is indeed not a teaching qualification, just a stepping stone.
BASI has the same system.

CSIA I is a usable teaching qualification, albeit only really valid in Canada, for teaching beginners, but unsupervised and insured.
BASI do not have the same system, the Trainee Instructor, is not a teaching qualification and carries no public liability insurance either. It just allows you to shadow your 70 hours of lessons and submit for the Instructor course.
latest report
Spyderman, my mistake...I meant to say CSIA 1 is not a teaching qualification in europe.
You are quite right.
snow conditions
rungsp, AFAIAA. CSIA I is also OK, for teaching on Artificial slopes in UK too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
To clarify the requirements from the Trainee course, Instructor course and Gap Year this info is taken directly from the BASI website.

Quote:
Trainee Instructor

Pre-requisites

The following pre-requisites must be met before attending a Trainee Instructor course.
Students must:
Complete the self assessment declaration on the booking form and return it to the BASI office.
Join BASI as an Associate Member
Be 16 years of age or older.
Training Synopsis
Training towards the first level licence, Ski Instructor, consists of two modules
Trainee Instructor course
Instructor Training & Assessment
Trainee Instructor Course
This is a 5 day on-snow training and assessment course in which the following subjects are covered and assessed:
Skiing safely.
Planning, conducting and evaluating an instructing session.
Participating in an accident and emergency activity.
Knowing and understanding how to improve personal skiing and instructing performance.
Understanding of:

The Central Theme and Beyond.
The Skiers’ Code of Conduct.
The Principles of Ski Teaching.
The Structure of Snowsports in the UK.
The Roles of Snowsport Agencies in the UK.
Marketing and Promoting Snowsports in the UK.
Dealing with accidents and emergencies.
Successfull students will be issued a certificate of competence (not an on snow instructors’ licence). Students will be able to work under supervision within a controlled environment with novice and early intermediate skiers.

On completion of the Trainee Instructor course students are individually debriefed and advised on the degree of preparation required before presenting themselves for the Ski Instructor Training Course. Students may be required to repeat the Trainee Instructor Course.

Quote:
Instructor Course

Pre Requisites

Successful completion of Trainee Instructor Course
Attended refresher course every 3 years
Valid first aid and emergency certificate
70 hours ski school experience with a Snowsports School.
NB: Students will have a minimum prerequisite of 70 hours of ski school experience with a Snowsports school before attending a BASI Instructor Training module from November 2003 onwards. Please see further information below.

Training Course
This is a 10 day on-snow training and assessment course. Students should arrive with an understanding of both the technical and teaching philosophy of BASI. Assessment will be continuous. The course content will be based on the current Ski Instructor Course outcomes and will include on and off snow activities.

Technical Skiing (practical) A thorough grounding in the ski instructor technical syllabus (central theme)
Ski Teaching (practical)
Training, analysis and practice of teaching skiing using the progression skills from the technical syllabus.
Client care
Theory and off-snow content
Safety and fitness for Skiing
Communications
Lesson planning
Technical consolidation
Principles and practice of ski teaching
Outcome
Successful students will be able to ski to a competent level, and have the knowledge, ability and understanding to safely teach alpine skiing up to and including parallel standard on marked pistes. Individuals who do not reach the required level may be required to resit all or part of the course.

Certification and Issue of Ski Instructor Licence
A licence, which is renewable annually, can only be issued to a student who has fulfilled the following conditions.

The student must:

Have completed successfully the Trainee Instructor Course.
Have completed successfully the Training course.
Be a minimum of 18 years old.
Hold a current First Aid certificate issued by an organisation recognised by the Health and Safety Executive. The course must be a minimum of two days long.
Have paid the current full subscription fee.
Have attended a revalidation/refresher course every 3 years unless they have attended another BASI on snow training course.

Quote:
Gap Year

The BASI Ski and Snowboard GAP Year Courses have been designed as a dynamic Fast-Track route to becoming a qualified Snowsport Instructor.

Run exclusively by the British Association of Snowsports Instructors (BASI), who are the governing body of ski and snowboard instruction in the UK and who are responsible for the training and qualifying of Instructors in the BASI system, an internationally recognised qualification. Most Gap Programs run in Europe qualify through the BASI system so it makes sense to choose the official BASI Gap course - the course closest to the heart of the system.

For more info please contact:
New Generation

0033 47901 0318
instructorcourses@skinewgen.com
or Follow web link.... For more info please contact:
International Centre of Excellence - ICE
0870 760 7360
gap@icesi.org
or Follow web link.... For more info please contact:
BASI office

01479 861 717
gap@basi.org.uk
or Follow web link....

The 10-week programme is not only for students taking a year out between school & university, but also for anyone wanting time out from a career, a career change, or simply the quickest route to gaining an instructor qualification. Of course, the programme will also improve your personal technical performance.

Official Gap courses are run in various locations across the world. Courses in Val d'Isere, Courchevel and Morzine are run by BASI's European Business partners. The contact details listed are for their independent offices to help you get connected to the people that will be best placed to answer your questions. For all other courses please contact the BASI office.
ski holidays
BGA, Thanks for that i think your definitions are correct, what i am unclear about is the exams bit in the GAP courses.

on the basi instructor course you are constantly assessed over the two weeks by your trainer and over the last coupel days you have to perform drills in front of another trainer to get some consistency checking between groups.

would you know for how long are the students on the 9 week course are with a BASI trainer? or are they given some sort of examination at the end?
ski holidays
The BASI website is here:

http://www.basi.org.uk/gap/index.asp

Warren smith site is here

http://www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com/gap-program.htm
latest report
skimottaret,
Quote:

would you know for how long are the students on the 9 week course are with a BASI trainer?

I know one of the BASI Trainers, who did one of the BASI Trainee courses, for Warren Smith in Verbier this Jan. As I understand it the BASI involvement on his courses, is just week 2 Trainee course and weeks 8 & 9 Ski Instructor Course. Week 1 and weeks 3-7 are with WS staff & and local ski school for their 70 shadowing hours.
snow report
and here is just one company advertising 100% Basi pass rate on Google

http://www.altitude-futures.com/?gclid=CNSk4ovS24sCFQeIlAod1UxuVw

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 24-04-07 16:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:
slikedges,
Quote:

You can no longer gain direct access to CSIA II, by holding the Scottish ASSI qualification, as you could up until 3 years ago, so if you want to go the CSIA route, you must do grade I first.

I know. My comment was in direct relation to fatbob's comment that CSIA I was more suitable than BASI III as a trophy. It's not. It's no trophy at all if everyone knows it's easy to get even if you can't ski much. I'd say CSIA II was a decent trophy, and even useful esp if with test technique.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 24-04-07 16:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
boredsurfin, thanks for the link interestingly on the "official" BASI gap course run by New Gen or ICE they say

Please note that both the BASI Trainee Course (Weeks 1 & 2) and BASI Instructor Training Course (Weeks 9 & 10) are run by BASI Trainers. At some venues, ski school shadowing and technical clinics may be led by qualified national instructors of the host ski school and not necessarily by BASI instructors.

sounds as though from SPydermans post the same holds true for Warren Smith so what is the distinction between official and unofficial?
ski holidays
skimottaret, Putting Basi 100% pass into Google, produces lots of companies offering/boasting 100% pass rates Shocked
snow report
I have to admit to assuming that Warren Smith's courses were somehow different/inferior to the "official" BASI courses offered by BASI or their business partners and that Warrens were more of a preparatory course without BASI trainers.

But, they look identical to me. All that is different seems to be that Warren takes on more students and groups those of a lower ability into a lower stream....

still a mystery about the 10 of 10 that failed and then got a resit
snow report
stocky, Thanks for the BASI post. To me it answers a lot of questions and raises a lot more.
Quote:

Trainee Instructor

Quote:

Successfull students will be issued a certificate of competence

Quote:

On completion of the Trainee Instructor course students are individually debriefed and advised on the degree of preparation required before presenting themselves for the Ski Instructor Training Course. Students may be required to repeat the Trainee Instructor Course.

This is quite clear that only successfull students will be issued a certificate, which allows them to proceed. What happens on a Gap course, not run by BASI or one of it's approved partners?

Quote:

Gap Year

Quote:

Run exclusively by the British Association of Snowsports Instructors (BASI), who are the governing body of ski and snowboard instruction in the UK and who are responsible for the training and qualifying of Instructors in the BASI system, an internationally recognised qualification. Most Gap Programs run in Europe qualify through the BASI system so it makes sense to choose the official BASI Gap course - the course closest to the heart of the system.

Quote:

Official Gap courses are run in various locations across the world. Courses in Val d'Isere, Courchevel and Morzine are run by BASI's European Business partners.

It states BASI Gap course are run exclusively by BASI or by BASI's European partners. I assume that the whole 9-10 week period is administered by BASI?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 24-04-07 16:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Taking a re-sit means taking that whole 10 day examination/assesment segment again.
ski holidays
rungsp, A re-sit can just be the Technical side, in which case it is 5 days. It sounded like in the WS case though to be a dispute with the Trainer on grade standard, in which case another Trainer from BASI would look at the candidates skiing to see if the original marking was fair. This could be done from video or watching the candidates ski. BASI courses normally involve another trainer at some point during the course, solely for that purpose, to ensure an even grading standard. What went wrong in the WS case is still unanswered.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy