Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowhead stickers

Poster: A snowHead
skanky, not sure just don't use the wraprounds Razz
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don'...oh, I see what you mean. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think my brain just farted!
I'll wait till I get feedback from the trademark owners and try to pull a concensus out of this.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Darksiders one for me too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, stunning work, 3rd on and Darksiders ones flick my switch snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
1, 2 or possibly 4 from my point of view (the hat/drink thing on the 'd' in the third one is irritating).

How are these going to be paid for ?
Make a contribution to site and admin let's whoever gets produced know ??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok then Admin, we're all waiting with baited breath......................

So is it or ????
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The artwork's vector for scaling and colour spot repro so you can have 2 or 3 colour spot (usually gets a bit pricy after that). 4 colour screening at the 50mm size suggested probably wouldn’t be too good.

You can get digital print, UV stable, vinyl stickers. I’d really appreciate any contacts you guys can get prices for. I’ll contribute the RIP/print ready artwork (if acceptable to you lot)

You guys have given me a few ideas (and there are some bits I’m not happy with myself at the mo) so as soon as I’ve some time this weekend I’ll develop it a bit more.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My father has a print consultancy business. He's been in the game for 32 years (man and boy). Basically with his vast range of contacts he finds the best possible price for any given job and will find the best printer for specific requests i.e. large format, vinyl printing etc. etc.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great job on the graphics Masque, love the first one and the darksiders one. The other two are maybe a little too complicated. It'll be great to look out for the stickers this season if all goes well! ...and yes, I am a big kid - but then I wouldn't be here reading about skiing in September if I wasn't!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque, that's wikid!!
I like 2 as a basis but include these mods from 3:
The subtler contour on snow above first 's'
the lopsided face on the 'd' with goggle strap.

Maybe the hat on 'O' (maybe in white or black/yellow?)
snowHead as the 'o' is a good idea but snowHead as it stands doesn't quite fit the style of the rest of the word. Maybe snowHead needs a makeover.

Also small 's' on snowHeads.

Darksiders is good too - 'may contain darksiders' ?? 'also contains' is ok too.

All, very very good though!
--
Quote:
Ok then Admin, we're all waiting with baited breath

PG, i wasn't watching this thread, been a bit busy - U can always PM me you know, if there's something u think I should see Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin, thought you were busy, but of all the threads I was sure you'd look at, this was the one, with the mention of snowHeads promotional stuff... still, jumping, conclusions, assumptions, and all that.... Embarassed
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

jumping, conclusions, assumptions

When jumping the conclusion is that you will land, don't make the assumption that it will be on your feet.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd go for the second one, with some hats on the o & e. Can the D have some eyes in the goggles ?

Can the 'love, live, eat, snow' tagline be put in the space under the 'snowheads' text ? As tag-lines go, it's worth hanging on to. Will also cause a longer perusal of the sticker by any passing body........ snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've really got to get a life (or a job that pays)

I've had a listen and it's now 3 spot colours and I felt that the ladies were being ignored so here we go. . .

The cheapest and easiest to read would be the rectangular sticker but the red or jellow 2" circular should be legible/recognisable.

We'll need prices for 3 colours onto s/a vinyl, punch cut, 1000, 2000, 3000. Files can be supplied in any vector format Mac/PC ready to be imposed as required by the printer.

¿¿¿ should I put a little tickler on the chin od the 'e' ???

latest report
Alternatively, get a wife....that pays.

Maybe a wife with a high-profit stickers business.
latest report
Why? You flogging your's?
snow report
Masque, they're great. Bet some resort shops would be interested in flogging those!
snow report
You could go for a 4th spot colour? And or a custom cutter?

snow conditions
I think that last one with the blue background works very well, but I prefered the earlier logos with more snow
snow conditions
I think the designs are great. Just one query though, does having so many words take away from the impact of the "snowHeads.com" part of the sticker???
ski holidays
I think PG, may have a point, could we try one without the "also contains Darksiders" line and see how that looks, no offence intended to the Darksiders by the way Little Angel
latest report
Excellent work Masque. Truly superb.

My personal view is that the "love snow, live snow, eat snow" should be in smaller text to make snowHeads stand out more. I do like the Darksiders bit.

Designing by committee is going to be impossible, we'll never all agree, and it may be best to ultimately make an executive decision. The next question is - will we all agree who should make that executive decision?
ski holidays
Quote:
The next question is - will we all agree who should make that executive decision?

Ray Zorro, Whatever gave you the idea that snowHeads is a democratic institution?! Wink
latest report
I agree with Ray Zorro, about making the
Quote:
love snow, live snow, eat snow
smaller, 4 colour on white background gives the right emphasis, as does the oblong 3 colour. Great work - I would actually be happy with any of these as a final option. Any chance of getting some ready in time for the ski show I wonder?

As for getting a life - shouldn't we all Its Saturday for Pete's sake?
snow report
I think it's excellent. That last one just gets me itching to read 'snowHeads the comic' (who wants to get started on that then!!!!) The blue background looks like sky, the snow doubles as clouds, the smilie snowball is excellent too.

It is/will be a great sticker but in my view, the best place to start is with the ones from a couple of days back. They were pretty well spot on as far as getting the first design/logo of the ground. Simple design, strong impact, delivering the message (snowHeads.com exists) and the image (it's fun here).

If we can find a deal to print a number of designs without extra setup costs then great, we'll get a few done. But I think the straight-up 'snowheads.com' is the best to do first if it has to be just one.

But please don't stop playing - it feels like a return of those 'Glorious days of Colour'!!!!!!
snow report
It's a good job I'm playing 'Billy-no-mates this weekend!
OK I've heard from Admin and I've prepped the following so there's lots of choice. In terms of printing costs it depends on the size and number of the screens and the size of the imagesetter films. But if I impose all the artwork to suit an A3B imagesetter, then all the stickers in all forms can be produced at the same time for the same costs. If they're rectangular, they'll just be guillotined to the cutting marks I’ll put into artwork. It’s all in the setup.

Can I have a break now? PS I'm off to build some drains in France next week, so I need to have some form of concensus by Tues. or it'll have to wait till I get back first week in Oct.

snow report
blue looks to be the best. Darksiders incliusion makes it too cluttered IMO. Keep it as simple as possible. 1, 2 or 3 are OK but not 4.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My vote, for what it's worth, is for Blue background number 2 - simple, clear URL and fun. I can see it's going to be fun trying to get any consensus on the finished result!! Excellent work. snowHead
snow report
These are much better - I'm of the view: simple is best and some of the others had just too much going on in them. I think you could quite easily get rid of the also contains darksiders - there's nothing on the rest of the sticker to imply snowHeads is just skiing so becomes a bit irrelevant. 1 or 2 do it for me, with the blue or red background snowHead Well done Masque
snow conditions
admin's got a point. The strongest impact comes from the simplest typography.

gets its message across.
I guess the snowHeads sticker needs a balance of impact, fun and memorability. Pure straight impact has never gone out of fashion. I'm not sure that a slogan is needed at all, but if we need one, make it no more than 2 or 3 additional words, e.g.
----------------
snowHeads
talk snow
----------------
latest report
I like that David, simple but effective snowHead
snow report
Masque, great work!!! Personally i love any of the blue ones as they are easier on the eye. Personal fave is the bigger blue one with the rounded edges above but remove the "darksiders" as it detracts from the sticker..........looks a bit busy??

The one thing i think they fall down on is that it isn't obvious what snowHeads is??? If i just saw the sticker i'd like the design but then be lost as to what it is. I think there needs to be some sort of www.snowheads.com in simple text at the bottom of the sticker with something else like "a place for snow lovers to talk snow".............something like that???
snow report
Will you lot talk to Admin 'cos this little piggy in t' middle's about to go have a sulk in t' middle o' piste just over brow o' hill! hint hint. I'm just trying to work within the existing parameters. If you guys want a full makeover, have a chat with admin, prep a brief and I/we/anyone can develop on that.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 18-09-04 21:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Masque, what I meant was that the first prototypes (15 Sep) were close to being spot on. Very good. Then 'the committee got involved' !
latest report
Don't sulk Masque, you've done very very well today. Masque = Little Angel

Everybody means well, they're offering 'helpfull suggestions' but U just can't please everybody... and it'll drive U nuts trying!
snow report
Not sulking, just tired, it's been a long day. The very first roughs were ok but didn't reflect the mixed nature of 'slushNuts', I've just tightened that a little.
DG The Bliar poster works on many levels that cannot be applied to this circumstance – as much as I’d love to be able to do so, It’s why some marketing people very occasionally stumble over it and make a fortune – it’s usually serendipity but they’ll never admit to that.
Dan, They'll almost certainly be used in ski resorts etc. so it's safe to not be too explicit. + ambiguity prompts curiosity.

Darksiders . . . ? hmmmm . . . if there weren’t a separate snowboarder forum I’d be more sympathetic, but as there is and since it’s immaterial to the production process, I’ll say we include a percentage in the print run

I’d be very tempted to do a set with just the strapline ‘Love Snow Live Snow Eat Snow’ in graphic form and the www.snowheads.com in plain text. Again these can be included in the single print run without a cost impact.
latest report
Given all the work you've put in, and the points you make, especially if the costs are the same, what you say makes sense... a mixed print run.

That would mean a first run is sorted quickly and feedback later on can determine whether or not any changes are needed. Go for it, everyone will have different opinions, we could go on discussing this indefinitely.

And you're leaving soon - needs to be sorted before, I reckon.

So... how many, how much, what sort of delay???
ski holidays
Blue background is a definate, really helps the yellow text stand out, I like the text of the third option on the blue, but with one of the simpler snowheads.com's from page 2 of this thread from memory the second or third
snow report
If there's a vote going on, IMHO, blue background makes for clear reading,No2 or No3.Dont feel the need for a ref to darksiders,sticker says it all,we all love snow whatever we ride it on!!However,the good old British comprimise solves the problem,a mixed print run.Everybody happy??Place yer bets,the book's about to close on this one I reckon?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy