Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Panorama Mountain Village...Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been there, or know anything about the place?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spent a couple of days there two years ago. not bad then, they'd just opened the previously out of baounds bowkl at the back ( can;t remember the name) that incolced a chair, two horrible t-bars and a 20 mibute hike. theskiing down the bowl was superb, the rest of the mountain a bit icy. It's now better, as the chait and two t-bars have been replaced by two quads, but there;s still the hike

do a search, there's an excellent resort review somwhere back in the archives

If you have specific questions, ask away

Oh and lastly, ig you go last minute (with inghams I think) to canada for £299, accommodation allocated on arrival, it'll be panorama, you pay a supplement for an other resort.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just giving you my report on fernie which as the crow flies is quite close to Panorama, although by road it's about 3 hours as you have to round a mountain range Shock)

and also, the original report on panorama that i used as a basis for my own report
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks nbt, an old friend and work colleague of mine moved to Canada a year or so ago and started up a chalet there. I've only just got back in touch and wondered whether anyone had heard of the place.

That's a great link with some excellent info, thanks again.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 24-09-04 13:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went there 3(?) years ago for a week; it's definitely worth visiting your mate. Good variety of skiing, slopeside accomodation, but not much doing in the evenings, a drive to the nearest town, which wasn't exactly jumping. Heli skiing on the spot (good restaurant at the heli base). I was there at Easter and it was a bit icy in parts. There's a lot of unpisted tree skiing and that sort of thing.

I think they've got rid of or provided alternatives to the T bars now - they were fairly unpleasant but gave access to some great skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went there 2 years ago and the crappy T bars were still there. One of the resort guys thought they were a good thing, as they put off less able skiers. Apparently the replacement quad had been on the cards for years. Owned by Intrawest now who were developing the base area but there's no real village so I imagine it's very quiet at night. The nearest village looked pretty quiet too.

I thought it was a good area and the back 'extreme zone' or whatever they called it is serious.

Found the website

http://www.panoramaresort.com/winter/index.html

Taynton bowl is the new area and apparently there is a quad to the top now

As well as Fernie, there is also faux-Bavarian Kimberley to the south and Kicking Horse (where I was based) about and hour and a half to the north.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is panorama the resort that (allegedly) got built on the wrong side of the mountain chain? There is a resort somewhere in BC that was famous (amongst some BC friends/family) for not getting as much snow as the rest.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mark,

Yes, that's the one-built on the wrong side of the mountain. It's not very reputable among the locals here for good skiing. Lots of man made snow. Definitely check out Kimberley if you are in the area. Great skiing.

Kieran
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been skiing there since 1997, usually 2-3 times per season. I really like it. If you like a nice quiet resort, ski in, ski out I can recommend it. I'd rather spend the first 30 minutes of the day sking than travelling to the hill as you do if you stay in Banff or other non slopeside accomodation resorts.

I've had day trips to Kicking Horse & Lake Louise, as I always get a hire car. They are nice resorts.

The new quads are much better than the t bars, makes getting to the top and into Tayton Bowl much easier.

I'd prefer it if people didn't go though, keep the slopes nice and quiet for me! Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy