Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
PhillipStanton, i do want to teach but not full time until i retire in 14 years or so, I know i would have to do the hours in a ski school before i could move up the ladder, probably on the dreaded plastic Sad

I wanted to be able to help my kids progress as we ski together on our holidays as they ar 6 and 9.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Curtains - the key thing with the Alpine 1 is that you'll spend a heck of a lot of time snowploughing. Going back to fundamentals has done wonders for my skiing, but it's not the week that did it - it was the week followed by the next 8 weeks of practicing and repracticing the drills. And then it only came together when I went back to more challenging terrain.

The good thing, though, is that you will get an insight (and only and insight) into teaching approach.

(BTW - most ski instructors I know pay other ski instructors to teach their children!)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PhillipStanton, Thanks for continuing this topic - I was an avid follower last season! Cheers Hun wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhillipStanton, nice to see this thread picked up again this year! Most informative last year, good on yer Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PhillipStanton, my two have lessons with ESF in ADH each year but they are young and have only been going 4 two years, they have a private lesson over the lunch hour and then are with me morning and afternoon.

I dont want to give them any bad habits and i dont want to teach them I just want them to have fun Very Happy

The private lesson means i get 1 1/2 hours by myself Very Happy as the missus has a lesson too.

The best thing about doing it this way is that we mainly ski as a family and it keeps the better half happy knowing the kids are together on a 2 to 1 basis rather than been split up in a normal ESF class with 12 other kids.

It cost roughly the same Shocked

Oh I then like the idea of a lads week away to ski hard all day Very Happy but would give the second week up possibly for BASI or a snowworks course.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They were running the cannons on Pleney this afternoon!!!! May have just been a test but hey it's a start!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PhillipStanton wrote:
Anyone else got a view on this?

Keep this thread, it's a good one Very Happy

snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

They were running the cannons on Pleney this afternoon!!!! May have just been a test but hey it's a start!!

Indeed they were but do you think they've enough water to make any snow?

PS, you're car looks great; are Snow and Trek going all metallic now? Smile

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 7-11-07 21:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowandtrek, patches of white on the Les Gets webcam for Chavannes and the bottom of the bowl. Looks like they think its going to stay cold and are starting to pad out the busy bits.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ctskifam, wink Well that's a good sign - Hope it stays cold and we have a better winter than last year! We are heading out to Les Gets next February - can't wait!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Forecast for the next few days has given me a smile too:

http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/montagne/prevStation.jsp?LIEUID=SKI0774008

Bring it on! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ctskifam, I just received my snow alert too - woo hoo Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Afternoon all! My first snowheads post. Very exciting. Looking forward to seeing you all in The 'Zine. I heard that rumour about the snow-cannons too! It's beautifully cold out there tonight, so remains to be seen if they'll fire them up again.

See you all out there!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome to snowHeads ice_pie.

What brings you to Morzine?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Did the first season in Ardent in 99. Been coming and going ever since. This'll be season 5 in Morzine. How about you?
ski holidays
Four seasons. You bar steward.

I have an apartment in Morzine and did the season last year. Unfortunately, I'm down to doing lots of long weekends this year.
snow report
ITS SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! settled about half way down Pleney!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEE
latest report
snowandtrek, Just checked the webcams and what a sight, bring it ooooooooooooooooon! Very Happy
ski holidays
That's a pretty fantastic sight. Hae got a very special feeling about this season. Might have to move my flights forward and go hiking. Don't think i can wait another .... um.... 16 days.

Got the first decent of the pleney last winter when i hiked up to the Viking on the 2th Dec. Don't think anyone else got to ski it for a good fortnight after that. Come to think of it- I last skied this year on the 2nd June, coming down from the top of the Haut forts to changabang/chez flo. So i guess that means i had a six-month ski season. So why have i been complaining about this lack of snow..? Shocked
latest report
Heh.. man, this thread is loooooooong. Just can't follow it anymore.. snowHead
snow conditions
marko.pyhajarvi wrote:
Heh.. man, this thread is loooooooong. Just can't follow it anymore.. snowHead

This season starts from page 21 Very Happy

snowHead
snow conditions
Oh, I got it! Heh.. sorry for being dummy Embarassed
snow report
Sage wrote:
This season starts from page 21 Very Happy

To be fair, this season hasn't actually started yet. This is just the warmup act!
snow report
Mrs Jack Frost assures me there is 5 cm's on the ground in Ardent, and Jean Francois is running his piste basher ready to keep the restaurant in Les Lindarets at a sensible snow level. We have more snow forecast for a few days yet. With -5 tonight. Brrrrr !!!
She who must be obeyed is waitressing for a wedding group tonight and tomorrow evening up the Valley de La Manche. Thank goodness the snow tyres are on her car still.

See Mrs Snow and Truk has got a bit excited, good girl.
It has given the Morzine Anglaise a bit of a lift.

Ice Pie (welcome to snowHead )
Family Ski or Chalet Company in Ardent 1999 ?
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, it is a shame that I am not going to Les Gets this year and going to 3V instead. I do not think your quality snow reports are available for Courcheval but maybe someone will start a thread who lives there. Great to see snow on the webcams and I think more importantly cold temps for the next few days to harden off the ground. Long may it continue and everyone has a good time this year and does not stress about the lack of snow.
latest report
chrisb, I'll drink to that Very Happy
latest report
I must admit that I'm kinda attached to this one and it'll get deleted unless it's kept alive - though it's a fair comment. Anyone else got a view on this? Tue Nov 06, 07 22:23

Yeah - leave this one, we're all attached to it.
snow report
Had a go on the snowboard today up in Avoriaz - 30+cm and banging it down!

Now don't you all get tooooooooo jelaous!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowandtrek, dont believe it until you post pics NehNeh
ski holidays
I quite like this thread keep it going I say Very Happy .

We have booked for morzine in Feb again and to be honest I am not sure i can wait that long. If i don't get this largish contract that I am going for I may just console my self with a long weekend out there as soon as a good base gets laid (hopefully a lot earlier than last year!)
snow conditions
Markus, Take a look - I filmed it then had a go myself - kids enjoying the toboganning.... http://uk.youtube.com/v/UTwY0LTmLGc
snow report
Respekt Snow and Trek, jealous as hell.
Mad Cool
snow conditions
Rumour has it that they are opening Avoriaz next weekend. Will keep you all posted.

If you fancy an early ski we are open for business from next Saturday!!!
latest report

Do I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
snowandtrek wrote:

Yeah - I'm in Morzine on Saturday!!!!
ski holidays
Looking very good on the Avoriaz web cam Very Happy

snowHead
snow report
Were you going through to the base at all up there, snowandtrek?
ski holidays
ice_pie, Yes have to say the grass was appearing on the turns but hey still better than no snow!
snow conditions
snowandtrek wrote:
Yes have to say the grass was appearing on the turns but hey still better than no snow!

Then GET OFF IT! Let it settle! I'm not out for another three weeks and don't want the likes of you ruining it. Put your skis away and wait until i give you the go-ahead. I think it was very rude of you to go galavanting off round avoriaz like that. You should have been content making snow angels in the carpark.

Now go back up there with a shovel and cover those tracks.

p.s- Have you seen the webcam this evening? Avoriaz is actually looking quite charming!

snow conditions
ice_pie wrote:
Avoriaz is actually looking quite charming!

I find Avoriaz improves significantly after dark. Alcohol also tends to improve my opinion of the place wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy