Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow report Winter 2006/7

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Better than bromide Rob? wink

I have to take that as well. One teaspoon in each cuppa.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs W, sounds like you're having a great end to the season, in more ways than one! It has been great to read your and Stewart's reports and see your photos over the season - many thanks to both of you for keeping us updated and entertained Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A few Pics from today Very Happy

Sorry about the quality the visibilty wasn't great wink

Powder depth varied considerably Very Happy Not sure about avalanche risk but decided not to ski some of our favourites as lots of wind blown stuff Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stewart woodward, that looks like a rather nice day to have at this end of the season Smile Thanks for posting those photos.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice pictures! Are you sure you haven't been saving them up from earlier in the season? wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another great days skiing, sunshine with a few high level clouds Very Happy

Yesterdays fresh snow and the slightly lower temperatures of the past few days have certainly improved both the on & off piste skiing.

Started off on the Col du Palet this morning but didn't get much skiing as one of our group had an accident and we had to call out the pisters. Very quickly we had 5 pisters & 2 sledges to help out. He is back home now after a visit to the medical center but will probably not be skiing again this season ( 5 days to go so might as well rest & get back in the good books with his wife) wink

After lunch we went up the Grand Mottee & skied some great powder around the Vanoise chair Blush & some not so great snow on the 'Telegraph' off piste run.

Just to show how good the conditions are here's a pic a took TODAY NehNeh

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stewart woodward, You can stop posting now. I really do not need to see those conditions Crying or Very sad wink Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward, You can stop posting now. I really do not need to see those conditions Crying or Very sad wink Twisted Evil

Sorry FTS i will be here for a few more days yet & posting lots of lovely pics Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stewart, Laughing Laughing

And then don't forget the summer snow reports snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks stewart woodward, for the updates, been a great read. A quick question, we were there last weekend and had a great time. We were wondering what those 'ploughed fields of snow' were on the glacier?

Thanks

Kerry
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kerry,
The banking helps prevent wind errosion of the snow, so increasing the snowdepth for the summer skiing.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well it's been snowing all day again. Pretty wet in the village but good higher up Very Happy

Lots of nice new powder, on all pistes above 2200m, adding to the snowfalls earlier in the week Very Happy

Its nearly the end of the season so we just had a lesiurly ski with a few coffee stops Laughing Laughing a bit of piste skiing & some nice off piste runs Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Kenzie, we thought it was something to do with the summer skiing.

stewart woodward, enjoy the bumper end of season snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stewart woodward, Good to hear. Stewart don't listen to the miseries.
Quote:

Sorry FTS i will be here for a few more days yet & posting lots of lovely pics

You keep on posting, we'll be there for the Summer session Toofy Grin
snow report
It's stopped snowing and it looks 'wicked' out there Very Happy Very Happy

So it's time to slap on lots of suntan cream and head for 'them there hills' Laughing Laughing

Just a couple of early morning pics

ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
It's stopped snowing and it looks 'wicked' out there Very Happy Very Happy

So it's time to slap on lots of suntan cream and head for 'them there hills' Laughing Laughing

Just a couple of early morning pics

Great photo's, but when are you going to stop, I assume the lifts finish around now? snowHead
snow report
[quote="boredsurfin"]

Quote:
Great photo's, but when are you going to stop, I assume the lifts finish around now? snowHead

The lifts close Tuesday 8th May at 5.00pm so hopefully another few days skiing. Very Happy Very Happy

Another couple of pics taken this morning at about 10.30, notice the empty pistes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ski holidays
Wow, the snow looks great - looks like you're having a fab end to the season! snowHead snowHead
snow report
Quote:

The lifts close Tuesday 8th May at 5.00pm so hopefully another few days skiing.

I'm on days off Sunday Monday and Tuesday , tempting very very tempting snowHead
ski holidays
boredsurfin, oooh go on - you know you want to! There's spontaneous for you! snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
No skiing today so no pictures Sad

Decided to have a day off, trawl on snowHead , watch footie & hit the first golf balls of a new season Very Happy
The snow is slowly melting from the golf course and summer's on its way Little Angel

Its not quite this green YET Laughing
snow conditions
Well the season officially ends in approx 30 mins but for us its over Sad

Had our last 'ski' this morning, rode up the funicular had a coffe at the top & rode back down as the visibility was crap, and nobody wanted to spoil the memories of yesterday, which was one of the best days of the year Laughing Laughing Laughing

Met lots of friends for a boozy lunch and end of season chat Very Happy

A few pics from yesterday;

So what's been good and bad Puzzled ;

Good - Well you probably won't believe this but the quality of snow has been GREAT all season Blush Blush
Discovering snowheads snowHead
Meeting lots of new & old friends

Bad - The crap press reports in the UK press. (The SCGB didn't really help either)

Best Client - A girl with Downs Syndrome who was an absolute pleasure to teach.

I hope you all have enjoyed the reports & will look forward to the summer reports to appear shortly Very Happy Very Happy

Now it's back to blighty, the summertime job & the golf course Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
stewart woodward wrote:
I hope you all have enjoyed the reports

Most certainly did - many thanks!
ski holidays
Great end of season report! And the photos aren't bad either wink Glad we finally get to see you in one of them Razz Razz

Good job you did discover snowHeads - your reports all season have been great to read. And they'll be a good reminder for you as to what you actually did all season NehNeh NehNeh

Thanks again! snowHead
snow conditions
 brian
brian
stewart woodward, great stuff, many thanks. You can't beat on the spot reporting.
snow report
cathy,

Many thanks for being my 'mentor' in my early days on snowHead Your advice was much needed wink
latest report
stewart woodward, Bad for next season: A certain Homme de Neige will be in Tignes for a week at the end of January and will be looking for some instruction for himself and some mates Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart, I couldn't leave you to the mercy of this lot without any help! wink

Frosty the Snowman I'm hoping to get back there sometime next year as I only skiied the glacier last Dec. As you know from what I've written previously, Stewart is a great instructor & will really push you - good fun too! Very Happy You can talk about Northern things with him wink
ski holidays
stewart woodward, another thanks for reports all this season and good to meet you in Jan - I've now booked to come back next year with Hannah again same week as this year and same place. Hope to see you then.
snow report
stewart woodward, Bad for next season: A certain Homme de Neige will be in Tignes for a week at the end of January and will be looking for some instruction for himself and some mates Very Happy

Driving straight past La Ros up to a proper ski resort?

Wink
ski holidays
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing

I was begged to go by a friend that needed company Very Happy . Obviously I will be devestated to drive past both the Montalbert and then the La Rosiere exits but I shall be taking a large supply of cable ties to secure me to my seat between Aime and Seez.
snow report
Thanks SW for all your input into this thread I for one have found it interesting and infromative.
ski holidays

I was begged to go by a friend that needed company Very Happy . Obviously I will be devestated to drive past both the Montalbert and then the La Rosiere exits but I shall be taking a large supply of cable ties to secure me to my seat between Aime and Seez.

Laughing

I'm sure you won't be disappointed Wink
snow conditions
The resort is closed today Sad but will be open again on 23 June until 2nd September , so something to look foreward to Very Happy

The last week has been great, lots of closing parties and superb skiing. Monday goes down as one of the best days skiing I can remember Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin

The snow on the glacier was in excellent condition and gave good skiing from the top of the cable car back down to Val Claret. It was sunny and a bit chilly first thing, but the pistes were practically deserted. We skiied rabotch, dahu, leisse, rimaye, face, double 'M', glacier, and descente, most several times. The pictures posted by Stewart show how good the snow was. Very Happy We finished the day with a bbq, the closing party at the Couloir and the last champagne night at the Alpaka Madeye-Smiley Very Happy Toofy Grin

Yesterday it was storming at the top of the funiculaire - windy with horizontal snow and very bad viz. I hope this means good snow on the glacier for the summer Very Happy . We finished the day and the season with a long lunch with friends Very Happy

I've booked the ferry for tomorrow evening, so today is packing and cleaning the apartment rolling eyes with a break for a final end of season post on snowHead 's. We're planning an early start tomorrow - 5am departure, and we should get home in the UK by 10pm all being well. No stops planned apart from petrol and comfort breaks. rolling eyes

Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Mrs W, hope you have a safe and speedy (not too speedy! wink ) trip back. Won't be long until you're back again! Good to see you made it into Stewart's photos above Toofy Grin

snow report
Thanks for your efforts over the season. Hope you have a good summer.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy