Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow report Winter 2006/7

Poster: A snowHead
Skiied down to Breviere this morning -a bit patchy, though!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blue skies, firm snow (mostly cannoned) & the odd bit of rock dodging. Everyone's edges need daily sharpening which is good for business wink.

No snow forcast until early Jan Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SPYDERJON

Not sure how long you are in Tignes for but it looks like we could get some snow from Monday onwards. Little Angel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stewart woodward wrote:
SPYDERJON

Not sure how long you are in Tignes for but it looks like we could get some snow from Monday onwards. Little Angel

That would be nice.

Has there ever been an occasion where too much snow causes problems? Embarassed

We are over 4th Feb, what happens if it all comes at once. Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Renry,
Quote:

Has there ever been an occasion where too much snow causes problems?

Quite a few particularly in a place like Tignes with no trees, I know a few people who have gone and been confined to aone or two lower runs for most of the week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
T Bar wrote:
Renry,
Quote:

Has there ever been an occasion where too much snow causes problems?

Quite a few particularly in a place like Tignes with no trees, I know a few people who have gone and been confined to one or two lower runs for most of the week.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Deleted an moved to a more appropriate thread.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 28-12-06 15:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thought this might change the conversation for a while from us all praying for snow. NehNeh

Anyone else had any experiences where to much snow has had an impct on their ski holiday?

Hold on, new thread started here. http://snowheads.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=507227#507227

didnt want to ditract from the Tignes topic.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Off to Tignes tomorrow, Very Happy
Got lesson in afternoon so after a nice and easy run with good snow and not too much ice in the morning for myself and a nervous partner, any recommendations? Were in Val Claret so one near there would be good!
(I did get a few before but it might have changed given the current lack of snow)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Monkfish, keep us posted on conditions at VC if you get the chance. If not a report on return would be nice. Only 5 weeks to go for me and I myself are in VC.

Have a good time and I hope the snow that is predicted for Monday onwards brings nice fresh conditions.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Monkfish : Take the Tichot lift then the Grattalu. The grattalu slope is in pretty good nick Little Angel

PISTE REPORT

Generally the Piste skiing is good but rocky and a liitle bare in places where people tend to stop.

The glacier skiing is great with suprisingly no queues Razz The Leisse has been widended to accomodate more skiers and is being pisted daily. It is worth considering riding back down the funicular as Double M is a nightmare Evil or Very Mad The only people who seem to be happy with Double M are the ambulance crews Sad

Tignes, like many other resorts, is looking forward to the new snow forecast for next week Blush Blush The only worry is the freezing level which may mean rain below 2000m. Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stewart woodward wrote:
It is worth considering riding back down the funicular as Double M is a nightmare Evil or Very Mad

I can just imagine it! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's here Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel New Snow

1.0 -2.0 cm overnight in the village with no wind.
Currently (7.45am) the temperature is -2 C in the village and the clouds are breaking to give glimpses of pure white mountain tops.
The forecast is for a clear day with more snow tonight and tomorrow.

Looking forward to a 'powder' day on the nursery slopes rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward, Sounds good! We haven't had the dusting yet.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sods law, got back last night after a full day travelling - now off to the shed to start repairing 2 pairs of sorry looking skis. Good news though for anyone skiing this week as it is needed wink
latest report
SHello wrote:
......now off to the shed to start repairing 2 pairs of sorry looking skis.....

Just finished doing Deb's, & for free rolling eyes Got mine plus 2 other pairs of 'Tignes' skis to do tomorrow.
snow conditions
'THE GOOD & THE BAD' snowHead

Went to bed this morning and it was snowing lightly Blush Woke up this morning,a little later, and it was raining Sad What is happening to our weather?

By 9.00am we had sleet on a very busy nursery slope which turned to snow by 11.00am Little Angel A tough morning for all begineers and not excatly what they expect on their first ski holiday.

Skied higher slopes over lunch and the fresh snow was excellant Very Happy even though the viz wasn't great. Good powder without the need to go off-piste

Currently its snowing very hard, and settling nicely in the village as tempertures drop. Laughing Laughing

Tonight's ESF ski show should be great on new powder!! wink
snow report
Sounds promising! snowHead Can you send some over to low lying resorts in Austria please.....

So what do you do for the ski show? (Assuming you haven't managed to wrangle your way out of it wink )
snow report
cathy wrote:

So what do you do for the ski show? (Assuming you haven't managed to wrangle your way out of it wink )

Basically hide at the back and try not to fall over Razz Razz Razz Razz

Seriously 'the show' demonstrates skiing through the ages from early 1900's to todays Freestlye, Snowboarding,Telemarking, carving etc. Different turns are demonstrated culminating in synchronised skiing.

The best part is the FREE hot chocolate ( With alcohol for adults ) and other goodies Blush
snow conditions
stewart woodward, Laughing Laughing

(well done with the quote wink Toofy Grin )
latest report
cathy wrote:
stewart woodward, Laughing Laughing

(well done with the quote wink Toofy Grin )

Not sure if it was luck or good tuition snowHead too NehNeh
ski holidays
Ah - would have to be luck then! NehNeh
latest report
stewart woodward any idea what effects if any the Airwaves thingy will have on my hols?
snow conditions
Kaiser wrote:
stewart woodward any idea what effects if any the Airwaves thingy will have on my hols?

It could be inspiring, life changing, boring, challenging or one of many other adjectives. But probably none of the former Puzzled

It will not restrict your skiing as the runs where the jumps,courses etc are set up are to one side of the piste and no pistes are closed.

Its worth checking the programme and watching which ever event 'floats your boat' Blush
snow report
I was there during airwaves last year, it was quite a spectacle!
i remember standing beside the half pipe one night watching, it must've been -20, but it was well worth it!
latest report
good to hear about the lack of piste closure!

May well catch an event or two.

thanks
snow conditions
Mega, Mega snow this morning. 30cm, of new snow, in the village and it does not appear to have stopped snowing since yesterday Little Angel

Winds are quite gusty so the avalanche risk will definatley increase. Previously 1/5 suspect this morning it will be minimum 3/5. You can here the pisters out there blasting all ready Puzzled BE CAREFULL Puzzled

If you are planning that last minute trip book now before those nasty operators increase their prices Sad

Looking forward to a great morning on the nursery slopes Crying or Very sad
snow report
Tignes 02/01/2007. Snowing hard. Forcast to continue today and tonight. Wednesday could be good.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
W00t! Booked, arriving around noon on the 13th Smile
latest report
nbt, well done! snowHead
snow report
rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes AWESOME DAY rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

Great powder skiing although limited pistes open due to high winds & amount of snowfall.

Skied down to Breviere, at lunch time, through the trees Blush Fresh tracks all the way Blush first time iv'e skied so low this season.

Still snowing hard but hopefully will clear tomorrow Little Angel

Enough said!
ski holidays
Sounds great ... I'm out there on the 14th, really looking forward to it now, hopefully now the busy periods over not much of this snow will get brushed away by high traffice. I might start a new thread finding out who will be there then ...

edit for splling only!
snow report
stewart, very jealous Mr. Green Mr. Green

yeah - I had a great day today as well. First time down to Kings Cross this year .... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
The snow stopped & the clouds cleared at about 8.30 this morning to give the 'usual' view of snow covered mountain peaks against a radiant blue sky Little Angel Little Angel

We had about another 30cm of fresh snow overnight & the piste patrols were out early making things safe. The avanche risk has risen from 1/5 to 4/5 in 2 days. Sad

This morning my begineers group explored the powder,jumps & pristine pistes on the nursery slopes Madeye-Smiley Get ready guys tomorrow we are up the mountain

Over lunch time skied great powder to the side of piste H & the Col du Palet area. Some impressive falls by some of my over confident group. NehNeh

In the afternoon skied on the Val D side down to La Daille, through the trees, and returned via Trolles. Laughing

All in all couldn't ask for a better day Razz

Believe me the conditions must be perfect as my WIFE has actually been out skiing today for the first time this season ( Wev'e only been here since mid October) Very Happy

Just one word of caution check out www.pistehors.com regarding avalanches

Looking forward to more snow tomorrow snowHead
snow report
So my begineers made it up and down the mountain this morning Laughing Scariest point 'The chair lift ride'. Lifts are a means to an end, if you don't like heights don't look down! Confused Good new overnight snow and a little sunshine helped progress. The hot chocolate & Vin Chauds also helped.

At lunchtime the weather closed in, as forecast, and snowed all afternoon, and it is still snowing, pretty hard Little Angel

Skied down to Brevier again(twice) as the trees helped definition and allowed the groups to have a good time. The snow was heavier, lower down, than earlier in the week due to the rise in temperature but still snowing Laughing

If you are coming to Tignes next week expect a great time Razz
latest report
stewart woodward wrote:
The hot chocolate & Vin Chauds also helped.

Oooh - were they those large mugs from that cafe?? Mmmmmm - gotta be the nicest around Toofy Grin

Sounds like you're having busy days snowHead
snow report
stewart woodward, are you a permenant resident in Tignes?

PS your reports are much appreciated please keep them comming, its ticking the days away nicely for our visit.

I appreciate you are instructing but if you find the time and possibly post a few photographs im sure they are many people here would love to see how the place is looking now its had some fresh snow.
latest report
stewart woodward wrote:
If you are coming to Tignes next week expect a great time Razz

W00t!

not quite next week, the week after to be precise, but still!

We will have to meet for beers, will PM you but we're in the Diva as I mentioned Wink
snow conditions
Hi! just thought should add two penneth to Stewarts - but dodgy keyboard and OPL - so apols in advance for dodgy typing...

it is snowing like B"ggery - absolutely fab on piste but do need goggles and radar - can't do any off piste as 4/5 avalance risk... but fantastic on piste - and STILL SNOWING!!!! so it is now set for the season... HOORAY!!!!

and meant to be sunny-ish tomorrow and Saturday... woo hoo!

Staying at Aguille Percee with Mark Warner - v good food and some interesitng and good company.

Would recommend Clin D'Oeuil for meal out - really trully gorgeous... v French - lovely! And free Genepy...
snow report
SkiBod, Howdy skibabe Very Happy

Quote:

some interestng and good company
Always my experience with Mark Warner. For interesting I presume read - right tossers Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy