Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow report Winter 2006/7

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry,
Snowing again in Tignes today. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have been trying to post photos from mediazone. saved now in three different formats.

any body any ideas ??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pictures from Tignes 5th January 2007

Sorry about the size of pics still trying to sort technology out !

No snow in the alps then NehNeh NehNeh
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stewart woodward, looks great - can't wait to get there next week now!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks to my 'Mentor' Cathy i'm posting the pictures again Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel

The 'Stars' are Raquel & Kelly first week skiers.

Pictures taken 5th January 2007

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 8-01-07 22:20; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
great photos, snow looks (looked?) fabulous, nice and dry snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It certainly is looking nice
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It certainly is looking nice
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skinutter wrote:
great photos, snow looks (looked?) fabulous, nice and dry snowHead

It still looks nice.

Snowed all day yesterday (monday) and still snowing lightly this morning Laughing

Looking forward to another great day Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stewart woodward wrote:
Thanks to my 'Mentor' Cathy i'm posting the pictures again

The 'Stars' are Raquel & Kelly first week skiers.

No probs - the photos were in a pdf file which is why they weren't displaying.

The 'Stars' look better than I ever did on my first week! Embarassed Conditions look good snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had about 15cm of new snow overnight and it was still snowing this morning Little Angel , unfourtunatly it was not very cold last night so the new snow was a little heavy Puzzled . Not the light fluffy stuff i had been hoping for whilst planning my groups day over my porridge.

The lifts did manage to open on time and we initially took the Paquis lift and skied Piste H,into Val Claret, which was in a great condition Blush . We then went up the Col du Palet and skied around Gratalu which had not been pisted and initially casued a few problems untill everybody adjusted to the conditions.Afterwards we went up the Bolin/fresse lift into the bowl to do carving drills.
We returned back to Tignes Le Lac down the Trolles and all the group showed their new control & balance by doing continous medium turns with only one stop!! Laughing Laughing

After lunch skied around much more of the Espace Killy with Phil Smith and some of his clients Laughing Laughing

Tonight and tomorrow are forecast to be colder so hopefully the new snow will be perfect tomorrow NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Excellent. I'm off to Val D'Isere on Saturday.

What are the runs down to Breviere like? I see they've opened up the Sache.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
topjack, yes I'd noticed that as well and was thinking of doing it as well next week when I'm in Tignes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stevew, as long as we ease into the week I think Mrs NBT and I will be up for that one
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This is getting a bit boring but another great day in the Espace Killy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Great snow,blue skys and the unusually warm temperatures giving almost spring like skiing and healthy suntans Little Angel

Heading for the higher up slopes on Grand Motte tomorrow so will give an update of the snow conditions then Blush
latest report
Its not boring at all stewart woodward, Keep 'em comming.
ski holidays
I'll be in Tignes after 20.January and hope that the "boring great days" in Tignes will continue up until then (and after that). Blush
snow conditions
Welcome to snowHeads vgsbs! snowHead

Looks like you should have some of the best conditions around Evil or Very Mad snowHead
snow conditions
Welcome to snowHeads vgsbs! snowHead

I have skied around a lot of the Espace Killy in the past few days and the conditions in various areas are;

Tignes Glacier Laughing Excellant snow although cable car closed today due to winds. (Its amazing how often in closes in the season due to high winds when in the autumn it would be open). The runs down from the glacier are all open & in good condition.

Tignes Generally Laughing Good snow cover to all runs although a little rocky in places down towards Breviere.

Belvarde bowl Laughing Excellent snow high up and the cruizy blues/greens are a joy to ski. The Santons is a little icy but considering the snow we have had it is in good nick
The Tommusses bumps are big & evil, best skied in the afternoon.

Solaise area Laughing Good snow cover.

Off Piste Puzzled Good skiing can be found off piste on open slopes & through the trees but the avalanche risk is high due to the weather we are having. Be carefull if not sure take a guide or don't go.

More snow forecast for tomorrow Blush
ski holidays
Well the snow forecast for thursday night arrived, Little Angel approx 2 cm, but friday morning dawned bright and clear and not snowy as forecast. Sad
Every cloud has its silver lining and instead of a day in goggles and wooly hats we managed to work on our sun tans and enjoy easy piste skiing early on then some more difficult runs in the trees towards Val D.

Heard of a few avalanche near misses offpiste as the conditions vary greatly on different slopes. The snow pack is not very stable. See www.horspiste.com for more info.
snow conditions
Great weekend Little Angel Saturday did my lay on the sofa most of the day routine and watch sport Little Angel Sunday skied around lots of the Espace killy with a friends sister. Good piste skiing with a couple of stops for coffee. Nice way to spend the day Blush

Today; Morning - race training, lunch time - intermediate group, afternoon - bumps & off piste NehNeh Very varied day but tests your skiing skills.

All the pistes we skied were firm with only the occasional small stone. The offpiste was quite varied from crud to fresh tracks Laughing

Temperatures a little lower than last week and this afternoon some high level cloud has covered the sky. Hopefully bringing snow for tomorrow as forecast by snowforecast.com Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Just back from Tignes/Val, some of the best snow and weather that I have seen for a long time, what a week!
latest report
Thanks for the great welcome guys!!! snowHead

Stewart, should these "occasional small stones on the pistes" have to bother me? What I really do not like are icy and rocky ski pistes.

I'll be travelling from Bulgaria and I want to be sure that everything is OK in Tignes - e.g. the whole ~2000km Shocked "excursion " will worth it. Very Happy

snowHead
ski holidays
vgsbs, don't worry about the small stones, they move - it's the bloody great rocks that don't you should worry about Smile
ski holidays
[quote="vgsbs"]

Quote:
Stewart, should these "occasional small stones on the pistes" have to bother me? What I really do not like are icy and rocky ski pistes.

Some pistes are getting a little firmer due to the variations in temperature but hopefully the snow forecast for later in the week will refresh the pistes to your liking. snowHead
Please don't ski the downhill course in Val D as this afternoon they were spraying water on it to make it more ICY Puzzled

Quote:
I'll be travelling from Bulgaria and I want to be sure that everything is OK in Tignes - e.g. the whole ~2000km Shocked "excursion " will worth it. Very Happy

I'm sure your trip will be worth it Laughing
snow report
Overcast day today with varying amounts of definition but unfourtunatly no new snow. However snow is forecast for tonight Blush

The pistes are still in great nick and fresh tracks can still be found off piste and in the trees Laughing
Top tip 'aim for the gaps in the trees' Many thanks to Mark Jones video 'In Deep' for that tip NehNeh
latest report
bump.... just waiting for a bulletin from our on-the-spot reporter stewart woodward,
I did notice on the Tignes webcams this afternoon that the skies had a distinctly "snowy" look about them....fingers crossed. Also village temperature lower this morning
snow report
The forecast www.snowforcast.com said 1cm yesterday afternoon and 1cm overnight but nothing happended. How accurate are some of these forecasts Puzzled

However it did snow this morning, i counted 137 flakes whilst riding on the Tichot lift rolling eyes, but decided this was not sufficent for me to go back home and collect my tranceiver, shovel etc NehNeh

During the afternoon it did cloud over a lot but currently the sky is just a little cloudy. Still expecting snow Thursday/Friday Laughing

Skied some good variable snow this afternoon, down from Grand Motte to Val Claret, which ranged from crud to fresh powder Little Angel Little Angel You just have to know where to go Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its snowing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not a lot overnight,probably 1cm, but better than nothing Blush
snow report
Its still snowing and has been all day. BIG BIG flakes at the moment Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Windy higher up, thankfully we have lots of new high speed chairs so you don't have to suffer too long rolling eyes

Went down to Breviere(1550m) at lunchtime and it was a little sleety but good snow on the way down.

Just noticed the downhill practice times from Val D have been posted on eurosport. Those guys must have better eyesight than me or more realistically they are just better skiers NehNeh

more snow forecast for tonight & tomorrow Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
This is a veeeeeery good news Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I decided to start this thread? to give acurate unbiased snow reports which were not 'spun' by the Tourist office or Tour Companies.

So here goes;

Its RAINING lightly in Tignes this morning (2100m). Last night it was snowing hard but obviously it warmed up during the night and turned to rain Sad
It must have continued to snow higher up Little Angel as i can hear the Pisters blowing the unstable areas.
The skys are currently clearing and blue areas can be seen. Its pretty windy in the village.

So today we will be skiing as high as we can to ensure good snow Little Angel If you know Tignes you will appreciate that most of the skiing is above 2100m

I am sure we will find some good areas and hopefully some fresh tracks Laughing
snow report
BONUS! Thanks alot for the regular, accurate reports Stewie, Maybe ill see you Tomorrow. Smile
snow report
stewart woodward, Work colleague has 2 kids there with Ian Ramsey school from Stockton. If you bump into any say hello to Dan and Katy. Very Happy

It is their first week skiing and they are having the most wonderful time.
latest report
When you expect the worse reality is normally better rolling eyes and it was this morning Little Angel

The skiing varied between powder, frozen rain and well prepared pistes - we have it all Laughing
The wind is reducing but due to safety reasons the links to Val D are not open.The skies are clearing and we are getting bright sunny spells NehNeh

Have finished early today to watch skiing on TV and vist super U in Bourg st Maurice (even in the mountains you have to go shopping Sad )

We have ESF races in Tignes tomorrow so cannot watch the downhill from Val D, or do my normal saturday of watching soccer am and sofa hugging, due to having to work on the race course. rolling eyes

The overall conditions are still v good and anybody arriving this weekend should have a great weeks skiing snowHead
ski holidays
woohoooo!

Only two weeks to go.
snow conditions
stewart woodward wrote:
We have ESF races in Tignes tomorrow so cannot watch the downhill from Val D

That's a shame - I was hoping to bump into you. Hopefully the warm weather expected tomorrow won't mean it's cancelled...
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:

That's a shame - I was hoping to bump into you. Hopefully the warm weather expected tomorrow won't mean it's cancelled...

No chance. The race piste was in excellent condition today and its been freezing for the past few hours Blush
snow conditions
stewart woodward wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:

No chance. The race piste was in excellent condition today and its been freezing for the past few hours Blush

Thanks, that's good to know. Not quite that cold here in Les Arcs (2° at 1800m)
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
This is getting a bit boring but another great day in the Espace Killy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Great snow,blue skys and the unusually warm temperatures giving almost spring like skiing and healthy suntans Little Angel

It must be 'Groundhog Day'. This previous post just sums up today.

Worked on the ESF race this morning, managed to attack the buffet with agusto, then skied over to Val D to watch the Downhill.Also managed to blag our way into hospitallity Shocked

Large crowd in La Daille enjoying the sunshine and some spectacular racing.

Did not really ski a lot but the Tommusse bumps were much softer after thursday/fridays snow and the pistes down to La Daille rock free Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy