Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes winter 2006-2007

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman, No - that was only 56kph at the worst!!! Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well i'm back from a brilliant week in LDA, there were blisters, bruises and a burst ear drum but not a broken bone between 10 of us! Quite a feat.
Anyways here are a few images from the week

Toura Restaurant on fire 1:-

Toura Restaurant on fire 2:-

The Village:-

The Glacier:-

Me off Piste:-

Mountain View:-

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 28-01-07 18:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
debbi wrote:
....... and a burst ear drum ......
Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very warm today and sunny - feel as though I got sunstroke! Forgot camera (sorry), but glacier snow magnificent, all the way down to Cretes good. Valentin would have been OK without the morons, and the nursery slopes are fine too.

debbi, glad you had a good time. I can't seem to see anything other than the thumbnail though. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, Had real problems with those thumbnails, could only get one to work!!! so have loaded larger images - hope that isnt too much of an issue !
i will remove if so.
I has to be one of the best hols in years. Couldnt fault a thing to be honest Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, Tis true !! Cousin had been complaining if sore ears since he got there, they kept popping on the jandri & the eggs. Finally went 'BANG' on the plane on the way home !
Poor sod, broke his arm last year. He might not come away again if this curse doesnt lift !!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
debbi, AWESOME PHOTOS!!! Glad you had a great time and can't wait till I post the same . . . Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Leis, I am soooooo gutted to be back. A week was just not enough. Gonna have serious Monday work blues tomorrow Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
debbi, the snow looked great. Excellent photos too - I particularly like the bottom one snowHead .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ray Zorro, i hope you are referring to the photo of the trees and not my ar*e !! Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
debbi, Certainly looks as though you found some of the really good skiing/riding that so many seem to miss! Great photos.

Today is sunny and warm again, and I'm sorry to say I much prefer it. Being able to go out without 7-10 layers on, having toes after 2 lessons, and so on - infinitely preferable to -20 with wind chill! Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley I'm afraid I took the camera but forgot to take any pix. Will try harder tomorrow, when i should finally be meeting Argenterre after about 18 months of trying! Very Happy

snow on both nursery slopes and Cretes fine BTW.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Will try harder tomorrow, when i should finally be meeting Argenterre after about 18 months of trying!

easiski, Be prepared to be hugely underwhelmed wink Laughing .
Hopefull you can get him carving his Fischers. Still cant believe what you did fir my sking at the PSB. It may not have looked much different to some but I am soooo excited to get out and try it again in 13 days time.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Now I'm getting embarassed! Hopefully your flop-man will still be in place without the snotman in attendance!!! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, you really must not talk about his... thing... like that Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nick L, Its not what you think honest. Very Happy

I hope to ski without a horrendous cold this time, but to still be able to relax into my boots and keep the weight forward.
snow conditions
Nick L, Sorry, PSB in-joke Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
I rather it without the explanation . . . Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
i should finally be meeting Argenterre after about 18 months of trying!
easiski, Be prepared to be hugely overcome the man is a rock and human par excellence

Gee, Frosty , Thanks. I couldn't have asked for a more accurate introduction.
Quote:
Hopefull you can get him carving his Fischers.

Me --- Carving Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ( axshully petrified of the bollocking I will receive .. Balls ! Balls! ;Charlotte if I could get on the balls of my feet I'd be a blooming ballet dancer!)
ski holidays
Agenterre, As long as you listen, learn, and do exactly as you are told then you will be fine (laughs knowing Agenterre, was lost at "listen" Laughing )
snow report
Being part of 'Debbi's crew last week, would like to reitirate what a cool week it was (and she did a reasonable job of organising the hol as well I suppose Cool ). We had all weather types -heavy snow, (very) strong winds - enough to keep you stationary on the slopes, total white out/fog, bad low light, and best of all a few days of glorious blue skies! And we stayed out in them all.

Word to the wise, that Deb and I only found on the last day, but on the green road run that goes from the janri mid point to the station further down (can't remember its name), kick a sharper right where the green run bends to the right - a steep run, but the powder is unbelievable! Nothing better than gliding in 40cm of fresh virgin powder watching you mates falling over in the churned up stuff below you Very Happy

I'm envious of anyone going to LDA!
latest report
Kris that was the run down from the Diable / Top of Cretes that led to a gully with 2 chair lifts
So, if i read the piste map right, it was under the Thuits chair lift (run blue 31)
<sighs> wish i was still there - can't get back into work mode !! boss keeps droning on, blah blah blah Sad
snow conditions
Blue sky here, warm and not a sniff of a clowd to be seen, but the snow is holding up, except that dodgy red/black back to town that did not do my new board anygood. First time I have ever tried mud boarding!

But hey, who care snowHead
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, He was carving today! Nice day, sorry - forgot to take photo again (did have camera). Embarassed
snow conditions
debbi wrote:
Ray Zorro, i hope you are referring to the photo of the trees and not my ar*e !! Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing I see how my comment could be misinterpreted (sorry, I know it was a while ago, but I am an infrequent visitor to this thread). Yes, I was referring to the trees. And there I'd best stop or I shall get myself in trouble.
snow report
easiski wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, He was carving today! Nice day, sorry - forgot to take photo again (did have camera). Embarassed
WELL DONE!! I presume he is now resting his weary bones. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Right on Bro !!

Having said that I need to write the appropriate commentary when I have more than 20 cents credit .. 2 Alpes great value apart from the ordinateurs which are still French keyboards ( strange that in France n'est-ce pas?)

PS I know have expert witness that I am pretty BAD:-D A Bientot ...

PS .. best snow I have seen this year !! WTF is whiteshite on about? rolling eyes Laughing Toofy Grin wink
snow report
Don't tell me Easiski is having a day off???? pmsl Go'on hun, you deserve it!!! Laughing
snow report
Leis, No chance - just been having dinner with Rayscoops and Argenterre - leading me astray. Also Rayscoops' friend who I think is a new convert and will join when back in the UK! Very Happy Very Happy

It was warm and sunny again today. Very pleasant. It's not warm enough for the snow to get icy, although some of the patches that were already there are poking up a little on the very low runs (combe du thuit). Top of Thuit (red) was really nice snow, and blue bottom was very nice for the most part. Cretes good as usual as were the nursery slopes this morning. No ice, not even hardpack and the low pressure cannons were still working at 09.30. Very Happy Very Happy A couple of high pressure ones were working but were spitting out ice! I did remember to take a photo, at the last minute coming down the chairlift, so looking across the lower slopes from the village (Mont de Lans) end of town. Here it is!

BE WARNED - THERE IS NO SNOW!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks nice Charlotte. I'm sorry to hear that conditions are still as bad as ever. wink
ski holidays
last day to day but having fun, the snow is good as evidented by my 9.00 am to 5.00 pm boarding, except today because I was led astray by Easiski last night so having a later start
ski holidays
I have a horrible hangover ... only a very brief visit to L2A but some fantastic snow, stunning weather and great fun .. more when I feel better ps

it was/had been snowing down to 270m from close to Bourg d'Oisans all the way to Valence, the Drome seemed to have had several inches so probably elsewhere ??
latest report
another (this is getting boring), pleasant, sunny day today. It did seem a little colder though, and there was quite a chill in the air at around 17.00. It's been below freezing every morning since turning "warm", and although we're into + temps in the sun I don't think the shade temp is getting above freezing at all at the mo. I have 2 pix for your delectation today. Firstly the welcome sight of snow cannons working at around 10.00 this morning, and secondly a pretty one of the top (red) part of the thuit. We skied it with really nice snow and almost no-one ever goes there except in powder! Shocked
ski holidays
Gorgeous Charlotte, absolutely gorgeous!!!
ski holidays
Looks wicked!!! only 43 more days to go!!!!! cant wait!!!! Smile
snow report
easiski, I've got down Thuit! Could have sworn it was x2 as steep and 2k longer Embarassed Memories Laughing
latest report
Agenterre, that pic does flatten it considerably. It is actually 3x steeper than it looks, but I like the sun effects!

It was a really warm day today. The first day when the snow got a little slushy on the lower slopes. I ws down here all the time, so I didn't bother to take a photo, cos I didn't think it would be very interesting! Keep fingers crossed for Tuesday. Very Happy
snow report
easiski, Just had a fab day skiing over in LDA. Snow above 2600m is gorgeous Very Happy Was looking out for you on the slopes but didn't spot you!
snow report
katski, That's because I was on the nursery slopes! Next time, give me a bell and we'll have a coffee. (mobile's on the website, and flyers in all Tourist Offices) Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Light cloud today, but a little too warm. Snow still good on Cretes and OK at 09.30 on nursery slopes. Keeping fingers crossed for tuesday. Very Happy
latest report
Spiffy snow all the way from the glacier to the white eggs this morning - only came down the blue runs though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy